🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 19 (Tomspanks' 2nd Pick)

Whoops! The holiday threw me off.

tenor.gif

I can't wait, Tom! What's it gonna be?

• Like 6

False. The correct answer is Damon.

Yeah! Fuck you, Stefan!

• Like 2

Ready? I'm scared.

gZfduTV.jpg

You had me at

Burt Reynolds - lol

• Like 7

I just watched this because Amy Nichols pitted it against 9 to 5 on The Canon. I am so down with rewatching it.

• Like 7

I watched this a few years ago and was surprised how much I liked it.

Hey, Grudlian, would you like me to add you to the rotation?

• Like 6

I just watched this because Amy Nichols pitted it against 9 to 5 on The Canon. I am so down with rewatching it.

I saw those were movies recently covered on The Canon! I'll listen to the ep after I watch the movie.

This was one of the 3 movie musicals parodied on The Simpsons (that I remember). I hope it turns out better than Paint Your Wagon. I gave up on it around 20-30 minutes in.

• Like 7

Hey, Grudlian, would you like me to add you to the rotation?

I'd say musicals are an area of film I'm not particularly knowledgeable in, but sure.

• Like 6

I'd say musicals are an area of film I'm not particularly knowledgeable in, but sure.

Don't worry, none of us are, except CakeB and EvR, our resident theater nerds :)

• Like 6

I saw those were movies recently covered on The Canon! I'll listen to the ep after I watch the movie.

This was one of the 3 movie musicals parodied on The Simpsons (that I remember). I hope it turns out better than Paint Your Wagon. I gave up on it around 20-30 minutes in.

I was part of a "movie club" years ago where we picked a theme and then everyone had to pick a movie in that theme. There was 5 of us, so every month r so we had a new theme. I don't remember what the theme was, but someone picked Paint Your Wagon and it was literal torture to get t hrough. LIke it's only marginally better then Bratz...

• Like 6

Ready? I'm scared.

gZfduTV.jpg

I didn't know this was a thing. So I'm excited, haha!

• Like 5

What's the 3rd one you can think of?

Paint Your Wagon is not great..would have been cruel to make us watch the (almost) 3 hours of that.

• Like 4

I think I saw this on TV when I was a kid but have absolutely no memory of it. I mean we know Dolly can sing but I'm hoping, nay, I'm praying Burt Reynolds gets a solo.

Also if we're going for Simpsons musical references there is Moe's short film in the film festival episode that is him doing Cabaret, Homer at the garage sell singing Hey Big Spender could be from Sweet Charity of just referencing the Shirley Bassey cover of it. Of course there is also A Chorus Line parody at the end of Halloween Special V the best of the Halloween specials.

• Like 5

There are way too many Simpsons musical parodies to count. Some of the lengthier parodies:

Mary Poppins gets a full episode

The Music Man gets an entire episode (Marge Vs. The Monorail).

The entire works of Gilbert and Sullivan (HMS Pinafore in particular)

• Like 6

I think I saw this on TV when I was a kid but have absolutely no memory of it. I mean we know Dolly can sing but I'm hoping, nay, I'm praying Burt Reynolds gets a solo.

Also if we're going for Simpsons musical references there is Moe's short film in the film festival episode that is him doing Cabaret, Homer at the garage sell singing Hey Big Spender could be from Sweet Charity of just referencing the Shirley Bassey cover of it. Of course there is also A Chorus Line parody at the end of Halloween Special V the best of the Halloween specials.

I'm also hoping for some Burt Reynolds solo action.

Oh yea, I forgot about those! One of the couple that came to my mind was...

the Boy Scoutz n da Hood episode when they sing "Springfield Springfield". Only because I just watched On The Town (with Gene Kelly & Frank Sinatra) so I finally understood the reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7CIgWZTdgw

And "See My Vest" is a parody of "Be My Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.

The "Garbage Man" song was a parody of "The Candy Man" from Willy Wonka.

• Like 7

I;m also hoping for some Burt Reynolds solo action.

Oh yea, I forgot about those! One of the couple that came to my mind was...

the Boy Scoutz n da Hood episode when they sing "Springfield Springfield". Only because I just watched On The Town (with Gene Kelly & Frank Sinatra) so I finally understood the reference.

For a very long time, I thought Springfield, Springfield was a parody of the movie New York, New York. So, I was doubly disappointed when I saw the movie.

• Like 7

For a very long time, I thought Springfield, Springfield was a parody of the movie New York, New York. So, I was doubly disappointed when I saw the movie.

I knew they were parodying something and that's what I always assumed too since I've never seen New York, New York.

• Like 5

What's the 3rd one you can think of?

Paint Your Wagon is not great..would have been cruel to make us watch the (almost) 3 hours of that.

The Music Man from the monorail episode was the one I was thinking of.

• Like 8

I remember when I watched Citizen Cane for the first time it seeming all oddly familiar. It took me awhile before I realized that 70% of the movie had been done on The Simpsons at some point.

• Like 7