🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 20 The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

Wagon Wheel is also a cover, there is a better version of that song by a group called Old Crow Medicine Show

IW8simF.gif

I know. I believe it's a Bob Dylan demo he wrote while on the set of Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

I see your "the more you know" and raise you a

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Oh I don't don't know Wagon Wheel was a cover. That makes sense though. I thought it was odd that in the Darius Rucker music video, he sang that he played "the banjo now" when he was clearly playing a guitar.

• Like 6

Oh I don't don't know Wagon Wheel was a cover. That makes sense though. I thought it was odd that in the Darius Rucker music video, he sang that he played "the banjo now" when he was clearly playing a guitar.

Old Crow's version is pretty great, but it is so overplayed 'round these parts (I'm southern if y'all haven't figured that out yet) that one of my favorite bars in town has a large sign that says "NO WAGON WHEEL" near their stage. True story.

• Like 5

I've never seen a covered wagon wheel. They've always been out in the open.

• Like 3

Is he sure that it wasn't...

HkPOzEH.jpg?1

That would definitely explain Dolly's effervescent energy and cosmic boobage.

• Like 5

I know. I believe it's a Bob Dylan demo he wrote while on the set of Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

I see your "the more you know" and raise you a

giphy.gif

Dylan wrote the chorus and 25 years later Ketch Secor wrote the lyrics around the chorus. Dylan claims he got the phrase "Rock me mama" from a bluseman, who got it from someone else. Dylan and Secour share the writing credits and royalties 50/50

tumblr_ok1ks5hOcz1vtnv5po1_500.gif

• Like 6

Old Crow's version is pretty great, but it is so overplayed 'round these parts (I'm southern if y'all haven't figured that out yet) that one of my favorite bars in town has a large sign that says "NO WAGON WHEEL" near their stage. True story.

I'm a wedding DJ in Kansas, believe e I share their pain LOL

There are so many songs I'd love to put up on a "no play" sign.

• Like 6

Kinda like

tumblr_lxa7im1wLZ1qz6f4bo1_1280.jpg

nsdea3d0.jpg

• Like 8

Dylan wrote the chorus and 25 years later Ketch Secor wrote the lyrics around the chorus. Dylan claims he got the phrase "Rock me mama" from a bluseman, who got it from someone else. Dylan and Secour share the writing credits and royalties 50/50

tumblr_ok1ks5hOcz1vtnv5po1_500.gif

And now you know...The Rest of the Story

tumblr_o0iaa7r7ev1uewx7xo1_400.gif

• Like 5

I looked it up and yes, he is! He's from Charleston, South Carolina. I didn't know that during his Hootie days.

Is he sure that it wasn't...

HkPOzEH.jpg?1

That would definitely explain Dolly's effervescent energy and cosmic boobage.

OK, which one of you did this?

dolly-parton-sized-knockers.jpg

• Like 2

A few loose ends before they come and close down this thread.

When Dolly and Burt meet up, Dolly only puts a pillowcase on one pillow. Why? (And yes, I tried to get a screencap with the black man thong).

59iJARt.png?1

There's a scene where the mayor is watching Thorpe's news segment on tv in bed before he goes to sleep. And he's eating ice cream! Is that a thing? I feel like what's the point? You have to get out of bed to brush your teeth anyway.

FKrTAts.png?1

And lastly, "you fancified fart" is my new favorite insult.

• Like 5

A few loose ends before they come and close down this thread.

When Dolly and Burt meet up, Dolly only puts a pillowcase on one pillow. Why? (And yes, I tried to get a screencap with the black man thong).

59iJARt.png?1

That's so she doesn't mess up her hairdo!

• Like 4

Or maybe she knows his head is really gross. You know it's just covered in brylcreem and mustache wax...

• Like 4

Speaking of other rumors with the stars of this movie, a brief question about Burt Reynolds and his toupee. Now it was widely believe that he'd been wearing a toupee for years, but it was just rumors. Then recently during his bankruptcy hearings it was revealed he was in debt to some very expensive toupee makers which I guess confirms it. So I ask this, tap into your inner Matt Gourley and is Burt Reynolds wearing a toupee in this? Bonus question for us James Bond fans, from which movie do you think Sean Connery was wearing one?

• Like 4

Apropos of nothing, but thanks to my participation in this thread, my phone is now giving me automatic Dolly Parton news alerts. Nice.

• Like 5

Apropos of nothing, but thanks to my participation in this thread, my phone is now giving me automatic Dolly Parton news alerts. Nice.

What's going on with, Dolly?

• Like 2

When Dolly and Burt meet up, Dolly only puts a pillowcase on one pillow. Why?

Or maybe she knows his head is really gross. You know it's just covered in brylcreem and mustache wax...

I think Polly is right. Katt Williams talks about how he has silk pillow cases for the women with perms who he ... um, has over for hugs and kisses:

got **** in my house to make *****es feel comfortable. I got 2 pillows with silk covers on 'em so if a ***** come over and **** around with a ***** she don't gotta mess up her god damn hair.

So, it has to be true, you see ...

EDIT: I don't know why I'm trying to be modest in a forum about a whorehouse.

• Like 5

Speaking of other rumors with the stars of this movie, a brief question about Burt Reynolds and his toupee. Now it was widely believe that he'd been wearing a toupee for years, but it was just rumors. Then recently during his bankruptcy hearings it was revealed he was in debt to some very expensive toupee makers which I guess confirms it. So I ask this, tap into your inner Matt Gourley and is Burt Reynolds wearing a toupee in this? Bonus question for us James Bond fans, from which movie do you think Sean Connery was wearing one?

I'm gonna guess from Dr. No.

• Like 1

I'm gonna guess from Dr. No.

Hasn't he confirmed to be wearing some sort of hairpiece since at least Goldfinger?

• Like 2

Just realising new music for the express purpose of helping kids read because she is dedicated to making the world a better place. NBD.

https://en.m.wikiped...ly_Parton_album)

Yep! If you are unfamiliar with Dolly's Imagination library, check it out!

https://imaginationlibrary.com/

Dolly is tirelessly dedicated to her hometown/state/country/world.

• Like 4