🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 91 — GHOSTS!

When we decided to invite Rachel Bloom to our humble abode, we never expected it to turn out like this! I mean, we predicted that she would be funny and charming and sweet but she sure conjured up something spoooooky! Try not to get too scared as our podcast is basically seized by specters and ghouls. Happy Halloween everybody! Enjoy!

Whoa, guys. Are we going to see a Three Men and a Baby-style ghost in the YouTube clips of this episode?!

[attachment=9646,214]

I can weirdly relate to her Peanuts trauma - when I was a kid I used to be terrified that Sesame Street characters were in my closet and that if I opened my eyes at night they'd pop out and... look at me. That was literally my biggest fear.
Well, that and monsters chasing me because they heard me flush the toilet, obv.

Dear Totally Laime -

My first podcast listen was during the big challenge countdown when you interviewed Charlie Day. I could tell there was something there and today I am happy to say that I am Totally Sold! Really enjoying your cast and super amped that you made it to the big 10... or however many there are.

Also, I am now re-terrified of ghosts.

Interesting episode. I'm not sure how I felt about Rachel- she talked a lot about things with authority that she didn't seem to have a lot of solid knowledge on- paranormal, death penalty, hormones during birth.

Then again, the point is to chat about stuff, not bring on experts, I get that. Still loved the episode! I love hearing about working in the LA comedy scene.

I didn't like Rachel at all, she came off as both incredibly pretentious as well as naive. There's something really hackneyed complaining about how "douchey" the entertainment business is. Most people don't have the opportunity to do what you guys do.

You guys...(The last 30 minutes were awesome) BTW, I worked @ Largo (on Fairfax<--then) 99 to 2002.
I just wanted to not 'down' L.A. but add to the mix. The millenium in Los Angeles was the saddest thing a major city produced (or didn't). Being Italian as well made me feel like an Alien (good Bush song). Like, there are no communities except for that little Korean/Vietnam neighborhood and Weho for gay high school quarterbacks from the mid-west/Georgia! (ha)
I do come from NYC but always remained vigilantly proud of livingin L.A. (the weather). I was also too introverted to ever be so brazen in scenerio'slike the dog park Rachel spoke of. I met that guy,700 times and I never wanted to be him. Glad to hear Andy getting in the mix more...He seems very cool.MM

Rachel was a decent guest but the ghost talk is pretty juvenile. Also it costs more tax dollars to kill a prisoner than it does to keep them incarcerated...

@German, juvenile? Do you get up to get a soda in the begining of every podcast for the theme and show's statement?

Sign in to follow this