🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 203 - Lamar Woods, Our Close Friend

Funny ep. Like that old saying says "Make Hayes while the Sean shines" and Sean was truly shining and Lamar was really making Hayes (ie being funny).

In fact they were both "making Hayes", making Hayes mad that is!

PS: I hope Charlie Murphy Brown is just taking a break. Dude deserves it.

• Like 13

rumor has it there's a Popcorn Gallery in this episode! my dog told me that before work, and then he got yelled at for trying to be like a people

• Like 5

show is still on but the forums are cancelled. sorry for the inconvenience

• Like 11

This show is so brilliant its rewriting the rules of storytelling.

All I ever hear these days is how my favorite movie franchises will fail because there's no steaks and no one dies. And who am I to argue? If Game of Thrones has taught us one thing, it's that there's nothing smarter or more interesting than building an interesting character and then just killing them for shock value without having them develop or go through any sort of complete and satisfying arc. Writing a complex, nuanced character and putting him or her in a wide range of challenging scenarios to see how they grow and develop? That's such a dated, 90s way of storytelling.

But the boys are showing that they know the rules, then refusing to play by them. Santaman was dead, now he's not. Earwolfman Jack was dead, now he's running around gobbling down hair. The show has been officially dead for weeks, and yet they keep churning out their best episodes ever every Tuesday.

The genius George R Martin would have killed off Santaman, Earwolfman Jack and the entire show, ideally all during the first month of airing. That's steaks. So dangerous. But I'm glad Hayes & Sean are tossing the steak rules aside and doing something even more brilliant: keeping their good characters alive because they're good characters who are more interesting alive than dead.

• Like 10

PS: I hope Charlie Murphy Brown is just taking a break. Dude deserves it.

I hope he's taking a break, too, but unfortunately I think that means the angry guys on reddit are required to make mean comments to him like they did when Hayes & Sean took a week off to give us that paid thing for free

• Like 5

Frankly, I think Hayes showed an incredible amount of restraint and patience for what was, essentially, a mockery of his legacy. Surgery chat and literally like 3 jokes??? Who the hell does Sean think he is?

• Like 6

Really appreciate Sean's ad read at the top where he thanked us, his good fans, for making a difference for people. I don't think any kid dreams about being a professional food waster, but when duty calls, you answer. And then to be doubly blessed with moldy/stinky cheese talk! Great guest, great ep, great punk out, can't get enough of These Boys

• Like 7

Man, Hayes said he'd only be 2.5 hours, but I've been watching this secret Facebook livestream for 48 hours straight and he's still not here? Patiently waiting to hear Lamar's Barber's Famous Hollywood Stories. CMB if you're I. Trouble please let us know so we can break you out of your bible ninja jail, joker style

• Like 5

anyone else feel inspired by this episode to be wholly subservient to hayes, and bend to his every whim, and be totally OK with being called a "toady" and "lickspittle" and stuff?? Wow

• Like 9

Does anyone else get worried when an episode comes out with just one of dem Boyz, like maybe it's not gonna be as funny? I do every time but this episode, like many of the other solo-boyz eps was very funny and actually very good.

• Like 4

FOR HAYES:

this is the best episode of the podcast and im sure it has nothing to do with which host was there!!

i guess Sean just keeps getting "lucky" that all of his solo hosting efforts have been smash hit home run dingers and not because he is being held back by the smart guy or that smart guys do this thing where they dont want you to be funny because it takes away from how smart they are and they may try to do something like make jokes about space or microscopes but its just not gonna be as funny as whatever pops into that brain.(not bretts brain lol seans cmon)

FOR SEAN:

wow i really liked Hayes in this reduced role where he steps back and lets u take control i really think you should push him to consider this as an every episode kind of thing. maybe he can do regular hosting on special ones where he knows the guest and is friends with them like umm... idk im sure u guys did this once!

• Like 11

CMB got himself as this week's CBB catchphrase, if only he was here to enjoy it with us

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this