🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 20 (CakeBug Tranch's 2nd Pick)

We probably won't hear from Cake until later today, so settle in everybody...

tenor.gif

• Like 8

We probably won't hear from Cake until later today, so settle in everybody...

Hey, he bought his ticket. He knew what he was getting into...

B2Q8SD-IIAA_lNL.jpg

• Like 7

As much as I like to give him a hard time for his last pick, CakeBug has an incredible knowledge of theater and musicals so I'm sure whatever I wake up to will be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 5

Sorry guys, I have been up since five and have driven from Toronto to Oswego: class starts in half an hour and I still have some prep to complete. So, it'll be a bit longer until I have something for you. But just to reassure you all, I certainly feel as though this morning I have Traversed the Solar System, or gone Through the Galaxy, so to speak...

source.gif

source.gif

• Like 9

As much as I like to give him a hard time for his last pick, CakeBug has an incredible knowledge of theater and musicals so I'm sure whatever I wake up to will be a pleasant surprise.

Oh, I agree. I wasn't a fan of AtU, but I'm glad I watched it. I'm sure Cake's got something interesting lined up for us.

• Like 5

Sorry guys, I have been up since five and have driven from Toronto to Oswego: class starts in half an hour and I still have some prep to complete. So, it'll be a bit longer until I have something for you. But just to reassure you all, I certainly feel as though this morning I have Traversed the Solar System, or gone Through the Galaxy, so to speak...

Through the Galaxy? They made a musical of The Black Hole?

220px-The_Black_Hole.jpg

• Like 4

Through the Galaxy? They made a musical of The Black Hole?

220px-The_Black_Hole.jpg

Is it wrong that I would watch that?

• Like 3

Is it wrong that I would watch that?

Hell no! I would too!

On another note I confused CakeBug with you and hoped this would be the pick.

PrincessRaccoon.jpg

• Like 3

Hell no! I would too!

On another note I confused CakeBug with you and hoped this would be the pick.

Well, we both have the Canada connection.

I've not yet settle on my pick yet but this does seem interesting. The last film of Suzuki Seijun who made Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifter which are brilliant but very surreal gangster films which I recommend.

• Like 3

Every Monday MM gets me all anxious/excited, but also scared..

200.gif#4-grid1

As it should be. ;)

• Like 4

Hey guys, sorry about the delay - it's a crazy time and I completely forgot I was on deck until this morning

However, I have been thinking long and hard about what I'd pick. I'd keep thinking of a MM pick and think

LUpc8uM.gif

And then I'd have second thoughts and think

giphy.gif

when I realized that not everyone would be into that one.

So I kept thinking, and crossed a bunch of things off. And came to other picks and thought

tumblr_liei65hLHa1qa8jb7o1_500.gif

only to think about what it would do to Cameron H's fragile psyche:

200_s.gif

And then it made me think that it's silly to try to reinvent the wheel. Why not go back to something that we've all said in the past that we loved, that has wonderful songs, arresting visuals, and a real message that you can believe in?

No, I'm not picking 'Across the Universe'. Jeez. Give me some credit.

No, it's the all-star musical sensation that pairs some of the greatest talents of their generation up for a behind-the-scenes look at a seedy underground industry. A pick we can all get behind.

I mean, of course,

Burlesque.jpg

Did I get you? Did I?

I'm not THAT big of an asshole, I promise.

No, the movie I've picked that pairs two superstars for the behind the scenes look at a seedy industry is, of course...

guys-and-dolls-movie-poster-1955-1010540351.jpg

Complain about THAT, motherfuckers!

• Like 6

Hey guys, sorry about the delay - it's a crazy time and I completely forgot I was on deck until this morning

However, I have been thinking long and hard about what I'd pick. I'd keep thinking of a MM pick and think

LUpc8uM.gif

And then I'd have second thoughts and think

giphy.gif

when I realized that not everyone would be into that one.

So I kept thinking, and crossed a bunch of things off. And came to other picks and thought

tumblr_liei65hLHa1qa8jb7o1_500.gif

only to think about what it would do to Cameron H's fragile psyche:

200_s.gif

And then it made me think that it's silly to try to reinvent the wheel. Why not go back to something that we've all said in the past that we loved, that has wonderful songs, arresting visuals, and a real message that you can believe in?

No, I'm not picking 'Across the Universe'. Jeez. Give me some credit.

No, it's the all-star musical sensation that pairs some of the greatest talents of their generation up for a behind-the-scenes look at a seedy underground industry. A pick we can all get behind.

I mean, of course,

Burlesque.jpg

Did I get you? Did I?

I'm not THAT big of an asshole, I promise.

No, the movie I've picked that pairs two superstars for the behind the scenes look at a seedy industry is, of course...

I have a complaint. I can't see the image!

• Like 8

I have a complaint. I can't see the image!

Neither can I! I went through all the Spoilers and I all I got was [Posted Image]

Gahhhh!

tumblr_mv01h5uuC01rxjanxo1_250.gif

• Like 9

Me coming here to find out the next movie:

LEjjzpZ.gif

Me after seeing [posted image]:

tumblr_lzgb8s2fOU1r1c3jbo1_500.gif

• Like 8

Neither can I! I went through all the Spoilers and I all I got was [Posted Image]

Gahhhh!

tumblr_mv01h5uuC01rxjanxo1_250.gif

Literally same!

I am on the verge of thinking this is part of the gag and he wants us all properly crazy this week.

• Like 5

I have some ideas what it could be possibly??.. but now I'm extra anxious

200.gif#35-grid1

• Like 6

I have some ideas what it could be possibly??.. but now I'm extra anxious

What were you guessing?

• Like 6

Well, we both have the Canada connection.

I've not yet settle on my pick yet but this does seem interesting. The last film of Suzuki Seijun who made Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifter which are brilliant but very surreal gangster films which I recommend.

I'll back these recommendations. Suzuki Seijun, when given the opportunity, made unusual gangster films. The closest I could think of for an American production would be Point Blank (the Lee Marvin one) or Ghost Dog (but Ghost Dog is just straight up stealing ideas than anything else.

I'd be very curious about a musical but is want to know of it falls into his more, comparatively, straight lace films or his crazier films

• Like 4

The image posted in Kate's quote!

GOD DAMN IT MY EXCELLENT JOKE WAS RUINED. THANKS EARWOLF.

Trying again...

guysmar10.jpg

• Like 7

(I can see the image in both of my posts, including the original HIGH QUALITY gag post. Can people confirm that the latest one posted?)

My next class is in 8 minutes so here's a gif in case.

tumblr_mez8gku8ww1qakh43o1_500.gif

• Like 6

(I can see the image in both of my posts, including the original HIGH QUALITY gag post. Can people confirm that the latest one posted?)

My next class is in 8 minutes so here's a gif in case.

tumblr_mez8gku8ww1qakh43o1_500.gif

It worked on the second one! Looking forward to it!

• Like 6