🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 27 — Big Bang

We'll probably never know how this crazy world came to be, but it's still fun to theorize. Big Bang Theory, Multiverse Theory, Bubble Theory, it all sounds confusing and complicated to us so we've brought previous guest Robert Ike back to simplify it (as much as possible). It's a real baryon of a show!

Robert is a great guest for this show! Fits in perfectly with the easygoing vibe and has good rapport with the hosts (plus he seems to know what he is talking about which is a nice addition). Love the podcast, keep it up!

here we go again. david thinks the theories professional physicists have come up with, based on super advanced math, is "the same as" the creation myth and Jesus Christ, based on the imaginations of pre-historic thinkers without modern science. karl pilkington!

• Like 2

re: Michio Kaku, most of the time he's simply explaining the tenets of whatever theory he's been asked to explain by the TV interviewer. if one were to simply press him further, he admits that these are "theories", of course! when he states "there are x number of multi-verses", he means "in said theory", not that its definitely true and akin to religious doctrine.

The big bang theory does not actually deal with the "beginning" of the universe. It only describes the universe when it was very, very small, and got bigger very, very fast. The self-organization of the universe - how stars, planets, and life came about by itself - is an interesting field of study. It makes sense to me, looking at how life has managed to become so much more complex from single-celled organisms, and even just how human society manages to become more complex over time.
I don't have anything to back this up, but I think we're in an era where we are less able to directly observe and measure things than has been the case historically. Because of this we end up with a surplus of ideas, which we can only try to make sense of with math. I agree that the idea of 10 or 11 dimensions shouldn't be presented as fact, we're still a ways from being able to prove that
As a resident of Lincoln Nebraska, I'll take Tig's word for it.

also legit LOL at david explaining the scientists were hearing the explosion from the big bang echoing

• Like 1

It would be cool is you guys got David Icke on the show to talk about some reptilian shit. Love the show, listen to it every week.

Sign in to follow this