🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 22 — Leprechaun in the Hood

We watched Leprechaun in the Hood, as you probably expected we would. Kumail Nanjiani is our guest, and he put this bad movie to the test. I realize these rhymes aren't great, but this movie isn't exactly first rate. Contain your howls and shrieks, and we'll see you back here next week!

• Like 1

Great episode! Dealt with all the best parts of this outrageous film.

To answer Kumail's question about why 'bling' wasn't used in the film, I'm pretty sure bling hadn't really reached critical mass as a phrase by the time this was written/made. Had it been made a year or two later I'm sure it would be called "Leprechaun In the Hood: Pot Of Bling" or something...

Paul's correct about this film not being campy. There are a few jokes sprinkled throughout, but things get really serious toward the end. When the guys are dressing in drag to trick the leprechaun into smoking a four leaf clover joint, and then Postmaster P almost has to perform a sexual favor on the leprechaun, I was really worried that this was going to turn into an SVU episode. And the final battle in the bar features a crying Postmaster P, as everyone is dying. I think they had to throw in that leprechaun rap at the end just so viewers wouldn't be depressed.

[attachment=9826,224]

I think what happened at the end was when Butch blew the clover smoke into the fly girls' faces it broke the Leprechaun's curse, so the end he is just reinstating the curse.

So happy this movie's got chosen , I remember as a giddy 14 year me picking it out as probably the most ridiculous video in the store (Leprechauns in Space has got to be close though)

I caught the first 20 or so minutes of this ridiculous movie last year while channel surfing. Kinda wish now I'd watched the entire movie so I could better appreciate the commentary! Sounds like all the Leprechaun films are impossible to watch without tokin' up.

Maybe the best HDTGM yet!
One thing: I wouldn't mention this if you hadn't brought up a misspelling in the "Second Opinion" part, but the iTunes title for this episode is a terrible, terrible thing--"Lepaurchan In The Hood"??? Spellcheck, guys.

I like how Warwick is itching to make more movies in this series. I wonder what other ethnic groups they can stereotype. Maybe Leprechaun in Chinatown, Leprechaun en El Barrio or Leprechaun Occupies Walstreet.

According to imdb, director Rob Spera was also involved with making the Richard Grieco/Angie Everhart "erotic thriller" Sexual Predator

"A female parole officer gets involved with a serial killer whom she plans to entrap and kill in revenge for him killing her sister. "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261014/

order now.

[attachment=10767,275]

When Kumail asked, "Do you guys seriously not do spoilers?" I just about spit out my coffee. His incredulous tone of voice was perfect! Please bring Kumail back and let him choose the movie!

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was just reading an interview with Coolio (yeah, really) and he talked about how he ended up in the film:

You made my favorite cameo in a movie of all time. It’s the shortest cameo I’ve ever seen. You were in Leprechaun in the Hood. Do you even remember making an appearance in that?

Hey, when we did that cameo, we wasn’t no where near—somebody came with a camera and said, “Hey, man, I wanna put y’all in this movie.” As a matter of fact, the guy that was in the cameo with me, remember him?

Yeah, you two were standing in the back of a church.

He’s doing 50 years in prison right now.

No shit, for what?

He killed somebody in his backyard. Some dude that had just got out of jail came to his house and… he tried to extort him and he shot that motherfucker.

How long after the filming was that?

That probably was about five or six years later. Anyway, to make a long story short, we wasn’t even in a church. We were in my fucking kitchen or some shit. No, it was in my garage at my house. And the dude came and filmed it and they did their little Hollywood movie magic, super imposed-type shit and put us in there. We wasn’t even in a church.

• Like 2

Honestly the whole thing is really good: http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/after-all-these-years-coolio-still-lets-his-nuts-hang

When I asked people what I should ask Coolio, the most common question I got, the thing most people seem to want to know: Do you still have beef with Weird Al?

Fuck no, man, I let that go so long ago. Let me say this: I apologized to Weird Al a long time ago and I was wrong. Y'all remember that, everybody out there who reads this shit. Real men and real people should be able to admit when they're wrong and I was wrong, bro. Come on, who the fuck am I, bro? He did parodies of Michael Jackson, he did parodies of all kinds of people and I took offense to it because I was being cocky and shit and being stupid and I was wrong and I should’ve embraced that shit and went with it. I listened to it a couple years after that and it's actually funny as shit. It’s one of those things where I made a wrong call and nobody stopped me. That’s one thing I’m still upset about—my management at the time. Somebody should’ve stopped me from making that statement because it was dumb. And I think it hurt me a little bit. It made me seem stupid.