Episode 22 — Leprechaun in the Hood

15 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

We watched Leprechaun in the Hood, as you probably expected we would. Kumail Nanjiani is our guest, and he put this bad movie to the test. I realize these rhymes aren't great, but this movie isn't exactly first rate. Contain your howls and shrieks, and we'll see you back here next week!

#2 CJ Wade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Great episode! Dealt with all the best parts of this outrageous film.

To answer Kumail's question about why 'bling' wasn't used in the film, I'm pretty sure bling hadn't really reached critical mass as a phrase by the time this was written/made. Had it been made a year or two later I'm sure it would be called "Leprechaun In the Hood: Pot Of Bling" or something...

#3 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

Paul's correct about this film not being campy. There are a few jokes sprinkled throughout, but things get really serious toward the end. When the guys are dressing in drag to trick the leprechaun into smoking a four leaf clover joint, and then Postmaster P almost has to perform a sexual favor on the leprechaun, I was really worried that this was going to turn into an SVU episode. And the final battle in the bar features a crying Postmaster P, as everyone is dying. I think they had to throw in that leprechaun rap at the end just so viewers wouldn't be depressed.

[attachment=9826,224]

#4 Lando

Works every time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

I think what happened at the end was when Butch blew the clover smoke into the fly girls' faces it broke the Leprechaun's curse, so the end he is just reinstating the curse.

#5 NelsonTwins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Kumail is great- have him back! He has got a really great laugh too.

#6 sauze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

So happy this movie's got chosen , I remember as a giddy 14 year me picking it out as probably the most ridiculous video in the store (Leprechauns in Space has got to be close though)

#7 Pam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

I caught the first 20 or so minutes of this ridiculous movie last year while channel surfing. Kinda wish now I'd watched the entire movie so I could better appreciate the commentary! Sounds like all the Leprechaun films are impossible to watch without tokin' up.

#8 Kevin Lauderdale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

"Motown, here I come!" The magical power of the flute. Hey, it worked for Jethro Tull.

#9 Jim Rion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Maybe the best HDTGM yet!
One thing: I wouldn't mention this if you hadn't brought up a misspelling in the "Second Opinion" part, but the iTunes title for this episode is a terrible, terrible thing--"Lepaurchan In The Hood"??? Spellcheck, guys.

#10 Lando

Works every time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I like how Warwick is itching to make more movies in this series. I wonder what other ethnic groups they can stereotype. Maybe Leprechaun in Chinatown, Leprechaun en El Barrio or Leprechaun Occupies Walstreet.

#11 jars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Leprechaun 2 is a movie I like.
but this whole franchise is retarded.

#12 jes l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

Love Kumail! Great ep!

#13 Tommy Pinballs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

According to imdb, director Rob Spera was also involved with making the Richard Grieco/Angie Everhart "erotic thriller" Sexual Predator

"A female parole officer gets involved with a serial killer whom she plans to entrap and kill in revenge for him killing her sister. "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261014/

order now.

[attachment=10767,275]

#14 Joshua EB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

What's the podcast Kumail is from?

#15 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

What the fuck was that? The last comment I mean. That's the first time I've seen SPAM in here...
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#16 RichardsCopyCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

When Kumail asked, "Do you guys seriously not do spoilers?" I just about spit out my coffee. His incredulous tone of voice was perfect! Please bring Kumail back and let him choose the movie!