🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 205 - Jessica Chaffin, Our Close Friend

Good ep. Reminds me of the time I shot a pilot. One less member of the Luftwaffe that day, I tell you what.

• Like 8

This was a different type of episode, I liked it but I also hope they do a more traditional type ep with Ms Chaffin soon too. If you want you can imagine like I conveyed that sentiment in a jokey way, maybe with weird syntax or purported misunderstandings.

• Like 8

couldnt believe when i saw Jessica Chastain was on hollywood Hanbook but its really really good. if this episode would have come out a year ago i'm positive she would have locked down a lead role on Young Sheldon

• Like 5

So not to kill the vibe of this forum by doing an actually serious post, but I can't believe advertisers would complain about Sean and Hayes' way of doing ads. If the ads were standard, I would skip right through them like I do on other podcasts. Sean and Hayes have actually made me want to listen to them. Isn't that what you should want as an advertiser??

• Like 11

I think Earwolf should pass a law that hosts are not allowed to kneel during the ads, disrespectful to the Brands

• Like 10

I love Jessica and I'm in love with her and want to run off to Spain and have a big family with her and get a dope villa and retire as jet ski instructors with her and hold hands and be her best friend

we'll give H&S free jet ski lessons and you can all visit and stay in our guest house where you'll be secretly filmed for a spinoff reality show about the luckiest people alive, which is us because we got this fresh ep

• Like 5

ive been looking for a podcast about the tv show The Orville

and apparently theres one

hosted by mr. greggy, mr. tim treese, mr. kevin, and ms. ranran

called The Official The Orville Podcast!

Yeah, it's a brilliant pod, but when are we getting more Chickn on the Range?

• Like 5

HHSFL%2035%20logo%20stars.png

Oi bruvs, get in your picks for the Hollywood Handbook Survivor Fantasy League in the megathread before the premiere tonight for alllllll those sweet sweet Probst points

• Like 6

Once again I clearly don't "get" this podcast .. I understand they are doing insider Hollywood caricatures but none of it is actually funny. I always try to check in when its guest that I like; to the same disappointment.

Is it the joke they are dumb faux insiders.-- that's it? Is the whole bit that "it's not funny". .. and they are clueless.

Make fun of me or explain. I still don't get it.

• Like 2

LTL, more like LOL cause your assertion is downright hilarious!

But on a real note, it's satire. It's making fun of other Podcasters, podcasts, talk shows, hollywood, hollywood-insider types, movie production, TV production, pop culture, themselves, their advertisers, and their audience. For a long time they stuck to a format, doing segments like Gmail Roulette or Teaser Freezer. Nowadays, each episode will sort of take on its own story, following a loose but distinct narrative that is continuing but in a somewhat non-committal way to ease new listeners into the groove. Sometimes they use their situation to their advantage i.e. when Hayes is out of town he'll call in and they'll make it part of the story. This one in particular they improvised a ~hour long scene located onset, and had their guest play along as if she had been cast in Lady Grandpa, a spinoff of a bit from an earlier episode. But I reiterate, it's satire. It's sometimes biting, sometimes too real, sometimes dumb, but mostly it's nice, cool, funny and smart. If it ain't for you, it ain't for you.

• Like 6

It's funny that there's an ad for a punk rock musical at the end of this because I've actually always thought that the way these guys do ads is so punk rock.

• Like 8

Hollywood handbook isn't funny, we just think the hosts are hot and laugh at their jokes so they might like us more

• Like 6

So not to kill the vibe of this forum by doing an actually serious post, but I can't believe advertisers would complain about Sean and Hayes' way of doing ads. If the ads were standard, I would skip right through them like I do on other podcasts. Sean and Hayes have actually made me want to listen to them. Isn't that what you should want as an advertiser??

omg same

• Like 2