🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 205 - Jessica Chaffin, Our Close Friend

Once again I clearly don't "get" this podcast .. I understand they are doing insider Hollywood caricatures but none of it is actually funny. I always try to check in when its guest that I like; to the same disappointment.

Is it the joke they are dumb faux insiders.-- that's it? Is the whole bit that "it's not funny". .. and they are clueless.

Make fun of me or explain. I still don't get it.

whats LTL stand for?

Loser The Loser?

• Like 9

Once again I clearly don't "get" this podcast .. I understand they are doing insider Hollywood caricatures but none of it is actually funny. I always try to check in when its guest that I like; to the same disappointment.

Is it the joke they are dumb faux insiders.-- that's it? Is the whole bit that "it's not funny". .. and they are clueless.

Get a load of this dummy! "Uh, duh... I don't get it!"

:lol:

• Like 6

ok LTL (Lily Tomlin's Lawyer?), in this instance Jessica was a true corker of a guest (it's a good thing), so much so that H&S didn't even tell her she was a corker, which they usually always do, proof the boys knew they had to bring it and the last thing they'd want is to do an ep that makes total sense and is easy to imbibe, for that reason everything was more tripped out. an important factor in this is that Ms Chaffin is a big movie star and master of improv so the boys being rude and giving her shit even in the context of the scene is in itself edgy and hilarious (see HH#1 w Jake Johnson, also Gabrus running amok on CBB). yet with H&S basically disrupting their own show Jessica was very patient apart from a few heavy sighs, one 'I'm deeply regretting this choice' and the part at the end where it got real and Clem Dawg and Ronn- I mean Jessica opened up their minds about the process, the stuff the FBI was after in the first place

but I understand if you can't appreciate subtleties in tone, inverted improv dynamics and are clinging to an unrealized expectation from when someone told you HH brought joy into their life and for a brief moment hope sprang internal. do not despair, I suggest you try being a little less critical, a lot more open to whimsy and you just might discover that the best parts of HH aren't always the words

• Like 6

LTL,

No worries. It took me a while to get the jokes as well. When Sean snickers or when Hayes laughs loudly, THOSE are the joke parts. I'll rewind and listen to them again so I can laugh with the boys. I recommend listening to the first Matt Gourley ep. They cover the basics of comedy there and it's a good gateway into the boys style. They establish that comedy is about being brave and the boys are VERY brave so therefore it's comedy.

• Like 9

I think we're onto something here. Everyone start posting their senior pics. I'll have to pay Getty images for mine, but I'll be right back.

• Like 5

Well judging by some of the discussion going on this week this may not be a Popular Opinion, but: this ep was lovely and nice and funny and I really liked Jessica Chaffin. Ban me if you have to, Dalton, but this is one story I'm stickin' to like a diaper to pea soup.

• Like 5

Chaffin really brought it, this was a great ep; Sean's TV terminology was so classic

Also i Get the show, and when listening, i love to think of myself enjoying it

• Like 6

Suck it chanson

No thank you, and can we please have someone else suck it for a while, or make up a rotation so I'm not stuck doing all the sucking. That way we can slowly phase it out altogether and make this forum suck-free by 2020.

• Like 4

Finally, I managed to be the first person to comment on a brand new HH episode.

Here's the description:

After last week's blockbuster extravaganza, I am SHOCKED to see the boys raise the bar so high that their bed post notches have reached well into culture's symbolic father's attic where we can hear grandad's ghost make everyone feel weird.

Pretty grossed out about the description to be honest, but I'm just so happy to have another episode.

• Like 2