Episode 12 - Electric Daisy Jamboree: The Musical (w/ Matt Besser)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Maltz

Foruman

• Moderators
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Matt Besser, host of Earwolf’s improv4humans / creator of the new punk-rock musical Stolen Idea, stars in the new (and first?) EDM-musical “Electric Daisy Jamboree”. In a festival full of robot DJs, drugs, buckets, a “Pine Tree Experience”, and more, will a father and daughter grow closer as a family? With songs like “Nerd Rage”, “Duke of the Porta-Potties” and “My Daughter is Me” you will be sure to feel the bass drop in your heart.

#2 The Spider-Gentleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

Besser is such a pro. I love Zach and Jess.

#3 maple stirrup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationYeonggwang-gun, South Korea

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

I was a little worried about how the show would handle EDM for an hour but once it began mentioning LARPing and the Pine Experience, I knew it was going to be great.

#4 The Spider-Gentleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

View Postmaple stirrup, on 04 October 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

I was a little worried about how the show would handle EDM for an hour but once it began mentioning LARPing and the Pine Experience, I knew it was going to be great.

I had the exact same thought.

#5 Vincent EL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

What was the name of that robot/cyborg DJ? I could never quite make it out, but it sounded like "Slemsked"...which is Swedish for "slime spoon", albeit with an Anglicized pronunciation.

#6 Colfax McLiverneck

El Duque de Maiz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

I've been listening to podcasts since I was but a wee lad teething on his first cob of corn, and never have I been as thoroughly amused as I am with this profound offering of melodious jape-filled audio. Bravo, sirs and ladies! Bravo indeed!

#7 Colfax McLiverneck

El Duque de Maiz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

And furthermore, NASA should recall the Voyager probe, add "Bucket On My Head" to the gold record, and relaunch it.