🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 044: James Bond: By The Numbers with FiveThirtyEight's Walt Hickey

FiveThirtyEight's Walt Hickey drops by with more James Bond numbers than you can possibly handle. Everything from villains to gadgets are ranked and discussed!

This was a lot of fun, but I don't understand why they would do a two-hour episode of Bond rankings and not discuss some of the most obvious categories, i.e. best movie, best Bond, best Bond Girl.

This was a lot of fun, but I don't understand why they would do a two-hour episode of Bond rankings and not discuss some of the most obvious categories, i.e. best movie, best Bond, best Bond Girl.

They have 26 non-movie episodes (plus Stitcher Premium exclusives) to fill during their year-long contract, so they might be planning a Part II. Hell, Walt's data is evergreen, so they could have recorded it immediately after this one.

• Like 2

Makes sense, but it seems like they would have just said so if that was the plan.

Loved this episode, but yeah, they should have done the Bond film rankings and that. For sure GoldenEye and Skyfall are gonna come way high (higher than they deserve), but heh.

Also, FiveThirtyEight just seems like a generic news site? I search for "James Bond" and nothing relevant comes up.

Also, FiveThirtyEight just seems like a generic news site? I search for "James Bond" and nothing relevant comes up.

Looks like the surveys used on this episode were conducted via Walt's site back in 2015. Those surveys don't include any of the categories Kickpuncher mentioned, however, so I guess I was wrong about a follow-up episode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know what the email is to contact "S"?

I believe she's checking the main show account.

As a fan of Quantum of Solace I do not think Mr. Hickey did a good job with the plot.

The plot of QoS was not "Bond stops a plan to acquire all of Bolivia's water and install a dictator"

The plot of Quantum of Solace was "Upon becoming aware of the Quantum Organization Bond must determine who is involved in the group and find out how they work "

Sign in to follow this