🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TheWalrus

What Am I Thinking?

Please... for the love of all that is holy... please stop the "What Am I Thinking" bit. It's not funny, not even good awkward-funny. Reciting names from the phone book would be funnier filler. That annoying bit just gets in the way and totally destroys all the flow of the show - what we in the biz like to call the "Show-Flow." Or at least, I WOULD call it that if I were in the biz. Anyway, long-story-short, cut it out.

Yeah, I agree too. I thought that after how terribly the Heder-Wittels match was that Scott might at least bench What Am I Thinking for awhile. It's really just not entertaining in any way. The guests might as well be trying to guess what number someone is thinking of. If anyone enjoys it, I'd like to hear why they do because I'm genuinely curious about how that is possible.

What I neglected to mention up top is that I do like it. As Scott kind of said on the newest podcast it is a good way to break the ice between guests who might not know each other. Just before he started the game up this week there was definitely a lull in conversation and it seemed like Elizabeth was a little hesitant to talk. I like it because it definitely loosens everyone up for a funnier podcast and the free form thoughts people come up with can be pretty hilarious. Yeah it's not gold 100% of the time but all of improv isn't.

If it's designed to break the ice between guests, then how about they play that game before hitting "Record. It's can be downright painful to listen to and just is not funny... at all... ever. The theme music alone is agonizing. CBB is a tall glass of pure, freshly squeezed awesome, but that bit is a big ol' dead fly that needs to be picked out. There surely has to be a better bit to break the ice. Hot Saucerman has a superhuman wit, and can surely whip up something better.

I don't have a problem with it. I just think the Jon Heder one was painfully long and probably should have been a web bonus.

It can be a bit tedious, but I do enjoy it from time to time. Maybe just bring it out once in awhile... As Sarah Silverman would say, make it a treat.

You people are fun-killers, I thoroughly enjoy the game when it is played. I don't think it interrupts momentum any more than any of the other segments.

i love what am i thinking, though i will say that i think it does a lot to show the true colors of the guests. if you are boring, you will be boring during this game. if you are hilarious, you will be hilarious during this game.

the same is true if you play the game yourself. find some cool people, and it is awesome. lame people, and it is poison.

I really enjoy What Am I Thinking. I think that it's not necessarily supposed to be funny, but I think it's fun to listen to. It's a cool idea for a game, I think.

I have to vigorously vote in favor of WAIT. Combine frivolous frustration, Scott's insistence, and very confused comedians, and you get one hell of a game.

Sign in to follow this