Episode 515 - Return to Suicide House Part 666

28 replies to this topic

#21 trashdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostAimeeTheWonderHorse, on 28 October 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

C- ep. Is it just me or this podcast (in general) turning into a sex and politics fest most of the time? And I really wanna know if I'm the only one (probably am).

Last year was much better.

everything is turning into politics. I wish scott would be a better job of wrangling his guests. Ive stopped listening to this show for the most part, I used to listen to every episode back when it was comedy death ray. I thought this Halloween episode would be different and more fan-servicey and avoid that shit but I was so wrong. I dont know why I was expecting anything different with Gelman, though.

#22 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

View Posttrashdog, on 30 October 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

Ive stopped listening to this show for the most part, I used to listen to every episode back when it was comedy death ray.

That was six and a half years ago.

#23 trashdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

View PostKickpuncher, on 30 October 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

That was six and a half years ago.

I have listened to most every episode since comedy death ray. The last year has been way worse.

#24 Crybaby Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationDurm, NC

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

View Postthe_muteKi, on 29 October 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't think 'monster fuck' will ever get old as far as recurrent episode gimmicks go

It can't get old because Leo and Scaroline perform a NEW song every year. They clearly performed a track called "Spooky Love" in this episode. Were you not paying attention?

#25 AlmostAGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

I've listened to every episode since Comedy Death Ray and it's never been better. Thanks CBB people for that. Politics have always shown up, so that's a weird complaint. Also comedy reflects the times, doesn't it? Not sure what people want here. There's still plenty of insane characters and goofy chemistry. What else does CBB need to do? *shrug*

#26 trashdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

my favorite political episodes are the ones featuring the Washington Monugents :P . I feel like "comedy" is over saturated in politics atm. Nothing feels fresh because it isnt, Its mostly just people bitching about Trump with very few things that are actually funny in between. And sure, politics have shown up previously, but not en masse like this. Literally most episodes mention how mean Trump is at least once. thats my main complaint.

#27 AlmostAGhost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

the idea that CBB is now just 'mostly just people bitching about Trump' is absolutely crazy

#28 trashdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostReginaCrimpsManager, on 06 November 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

the idea that CBB is now just 'mostly just people bitching about Trump' is absolutely crazy

thats not at all what I said. I was referring to the political bits of the show, not the show overall. I really like CBB, and I think its a fair critique.

#29 DownInTheLicoriceMines

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Ghost Mother. That is all.