🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ava Driver

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

I second this. I just rewatched it. Pretty strange film. It makes noooo sense. I've even read speculation that maybe it started out as something else and was shoe-horned in as a sequel since it came out less than 2 years after the original. I feel like HDTGM could have a field day with this one.

One of the gayest horror movies ever that wasn't directed by the man who made "A Talking Cat!?!"

(If you haven't seen it: I'm not saying "gay" as in bad or stupid or whatever uncultured 12-year olds mean when they call things gay. It's actually full of gay innuendo.)

One of the gayest horror movies ever that wasn't directed by the man who made "A Talking Cat!?!"

(If you haven't seen it: I'm not saying "gay" as in bad or stupid or whatever uncultured 12-year olds mean when they call things gay. It's actually full of gay innuendo.)

It's a shame that "Top Gun" came out so soon after this, as it really didn't get to hold the title of Most Homoerotic Mainstream Film EVER for all that long :( But yeah, this thing ejaculated rainbows, it was THAT gay.

I'm gay so obviously I don't mean this as a negative but this movie is so overtly homoerotic it is kinda THE how did the get made movie. Also a major plus to doing this is there is a massive nightmare documentary that covers the whole series... In it they spend about 10 mins getting the whole cast and creative team on record about their reaction to the movies gay themes and some of the quotes are CLASSIC! THis is almost next October

How Freddy ever came back after this I will never know. Most sequels this bad make the entire franchise vanish from the face of the planet.

I love just making fun of this movie and having a good laugh at all the nonsense. Exploding parakeets? And Freddy looks so cute running around six-foot, 200-pounds jocks. He looks like a kid who got lost while trick-or-treating. The filmmakers claim they were unaware how homoerotic this film was while making it. Really? The lead MALE character screams better than any of the ladies; he frequents a gay S&M bar and he leaves his "girlfriend" to sleep in the jock's bedroom. Easily the worst Elm Street films (well, maybe except for that abomination of a remake), but one of the most entertaining...

It is such a shame I can only like the dancing video once.

Yeah, Freddy's Revenge is bad and it's gay, but it isn't bad because it's gay. However, because it is gay in a Tobias Funke, "he doesn't know how gay he is" sort of way, it becomes hilarious (the shower death is pretty ridiculous.)

My favourite scene is in the climax in the pool where Freddie takes as much time to attack the lawn chairs than the kids.

An of course, because I always feel the need to do this for movies I support, here is the trailer:

How has this film not been selected yet?

Its amazingly bad. So bad it is good. 

Please make it happen.

Come on people let's really start talking about this one.  A movie that could very well be the most homoerotic slasher film of all time.

Who doesn't remember pulling out the classic game "Probe"?  😉

This one is far overdue.

A documentary about this movie's queer content and the aftermath effect on its lead actor was just released. It's narrated by Cecil Baldwin of "Welcome to Night Vale" fame. Having him as a guest to talk about this movie would move a TON of Squarespace subscriptions, I would think...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this