🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 24 Preview (Cinco DeNio’s 2nd Pick)

(*inhales*)Given the nationwide trend toward legalization I thought it would be good to remind ourselves just what we're getting into. My pick, therefore, is

top-hat-poster-for-1935-rko-film-with-fred-astaire-and-ginger-rogers-a7y5nr.jpg

Oh, wait, we just watched that. (*inhales again* WOW is this good stuff! The guy said my dancing would make Fred Astaire look like Barney Google.) I guess we should watch an educational film to make sure I understand the potential impacts.

In that case my pick is

reefer-madness-red-movie-poster-STBp3182.jpg

I hear you say "But that's not a musical! And this is Musical Mondays!" Well, you're right on both counts. Or, ARE you?

You are NOT right! That is why we're watching

p5fXvmG1sQlRdWIUIlkN7AzBBRr.jpg

So now you ask, "How much does it cost?" I promise that you won't need to have more scratch than a sandpaper factory. Amazon Prime U.S. members can watch the streaming for free. Amazon streaming can also be rented or bought. YouTube has it for rent as well.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** The Blu-Ray from Amazon is not worth it! It's not an official release and someone burns BD-R discs and sends them out with variable quality. They also have no features at all. Unfortunately the DVD can be higher-priced but is worth it in this case if you want a physical copy. (Also Amazon has several DVDs listed under the title and one goes to the original 1936 film.)

Amazon streaming

Amazon DVD

Tell your children!

• Like 6

I'm so unimaginative. I had to pick another title that started with "Re". Good thing Repo! was already taken or that would have been my next pick.

• Like 5

This is something I've always heard about but never seen. I look forward to the excuse to watch it.

• Like 5

Have you watched this, Cinco? Is it worth watching the non-Musical version to compare?

• Like 3

Have you watched this, Cinco? Is it worth watching the non-Musical version to compare?

Unfortunately I've watched almost nothing else all week. I would watch the non-musical to compare but only after the musical. They changed the story to better fit a stage musical structure. This started as a stage musical in 1998 and then was filmed in 2004. The non-musical is available for free a lot of places but The Internet Archive is my recommendation. It will also come to play in my next post.

If you get the soundtrack from Ghostlight records (the only soundtrack listed on Amazon) you also get the stage show soundtrack CD.

• Like 4

Since Cameron H. set up my Internet Archive mention so beautifully I want to explain how i found this musical. I used to browse the Internet Archive for old movies and other entertainment. I found a stage performance of the song Little Mary Sunshine. I loved the performance and went searching. All I kept finding were stage performances. At some point I found the movie. Didn't like it at first but it grew on me.

For this song and performance I love the transformation in Mary. To say any more would be to spoil it.

Internet Archive

• Like 4

There is a movie from the 80s that was called Amazon Women on the Moon which tried to be a Kentucky Fried Movie of the 80s. I can't recommend the movie as any sketch movie the quality wildly varies but among the better sketches in the movie is actually a post credits sketch called "Reckless Youth" which is a parody of Sex Madness which was made by the same people behind Reefer Madness.

• Like 3

There is a movie from the 80s that was called Amazon Women on the Moon which tried to be a Kentucky Fried Movie of the 80s. I can't recommend the movie as any sketch movie the quality wildly varies but among the better sketches in the movie is actually a post credits sketch called "Reckless Youth" which is a parody of Sex Madness which was made by the same people behind Reefer Madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMhjw2TSIEc

I forgot about this! Carrie Fisher is awesome!

• Like 3

DUDE! I was ready to pick this myself. I'm SO excited.

Steven Webber

Alan cumming

Kristen Bell

Ana Gasteyer

Neve Campbell

I'm bouncing off the walls

• Like 5

Steven Webber

Alan cumming

Kristen Bell

Ana Gasteyer

Neve Campbell

"Have I got water in my ears or are you giving me guff?"

• Like 2

Ok I'm definitely going to be in this week if KBell is in it. I somehow missed last week even after putting the movie on hold at the library - and then went out of town and apparently they have a 24 hour pick up period - so I'm looking forward to jumping back in.

Sorry I've been such a ghost lately!

• Like 5

Ok I'm definitely going to be in this week if KBell is in it. I somehow missed last week even after putting the movie on hold at the library - and then went out of town and apparently they have a 24 hour pick up period - so I'm looking forward to jumping back in.

Sorry I've been such a ghost lately!

No worries! KBell is definitely awesome but I admit I hadn't really heard of her. Until I re-discovered this movie recently the main thing I knew her for were the washer commercials with her husband Dax Shepard. (I also found out they are both Michiganders so that makes them even more awesome!)

• Like 4

No worries! KBell is definitely awesome but I admit I hadn't really heard of her. Until I re-discovered this movie recently the main thing I knew her for were the washer commercials with her husband Dax Shepard. (I also found out they are both Michiganders so that makes them even more awesome!)

Watch The Good Place.

A) The Good Place is Amazing

B) Kristen Bell is Amazing in it

• Like 6

Watch The Good Place.

B)/> Kristen Bell is Amazing in it

Also, watch Veronica Mars and Frozen which is where I first found it she can sing. She also shows up as a guest star in a ton of great shows like Parks And Recreation and Party Down.

• Like 4

Watch The Good Place.

B) Kristen Bell is Amazing in it

Co-sign.

tenor.gif?itemid=9685024

• Like 5

Also, watch Veronica Mars and Frozen which is where I first found it she can sing. She also shows up as a guest star in a ton of great shows like Parks And Recreation and Party Down.

I just want to thank everyone for making other picks so I could be the one to bring Anna AND Elsa into Musical Mondays. It was quite generous of all of you.

• Like 3

Steven Webber

Alan cumming

Kristen Bell

Ana Gasteyer

Neve Campbell

How could you forget Neve's brother, What's-His-Name Campbell? He's ONLY one of the leads!

How could you forget Neve's brother, What's-His-Name Campbell? He's ONLY one of the leads!

Bruce?

• Like 3

Bruce is awesome but *bzzzt*! Try again. (Although Bruce is from Michigan too!)

Ash-Evil-Dead.gif

• Like 4

Is it wrong that when I read Neve Campbell's brother my first thought was "Mathew Fox?"

• Like 5