🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Homework - Back to the Future Trilogy (1985, 1989, 1990)

Next week, Amy will be joined by filmmaker Evan Dickson to discuss the Back to the Future Trilogy.

Back to the Future, Back to the Future Pt. II, and Back to the Future Pt. III are all available to view on YouTube and Amazon.

Fantastic, this is one of my favorite series and an absolute classic. The debate over which movies to enter will be interesting, since we (baffingly after two attempts) did not put Empire Strikes Back in the Canon, and then later put Fellowship Of The Ring in the Canon. The precedent being that only the initial film gets in. But The Godfather messed with that a little since the first two in that series were declared givens (this should have been extended to Star Wars as well) and the question was over the third film, with the consensus again being that the Canon favors great individual films over great series as a whole. With that in mind, the first Back To The Future is all but guaranteed and I would say the second is possible, especially with Trump taking office, but the third is much less likely. We'll see what happens. Excited for next week!

It's going to take a lot to convince me that anything other than just the first movie is Canon-worthy.

• Like 3

As stated before, only the first one could be considered Canon-worthy but I look forward to the discussion

I rewatched the films last year, and boy oh boy do I think PART III is waaaaaaaay better than PART II. But I don't think either are canon worthy. So I can wait to hear if there's arguments for.

I rewatched the films last year, and boy oh boy do I think PART III is waaaaaaaay better than PART II. But I don't think either are canon worthy. So I can wait to hear if there's arguments for.

I'd argue that Part 2 is better for the "mythology" of the series or whatever, but Part 3 works much better as a stand-alone movie.

Regardless, only Part 1 is a truly great movie on its own.

I agree with everyone above. I never quite understood why so many people like Part 2. I'll rewatch it tonight because it's the one I remember the least. I like Part 3 as a fun western movie, and find myself watching it more.

Sign in to follow this