Episode 4 — improv4humans

30 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Welcome to improv4humans! Each week Matt Besser will invite his favorite improvisers to come in and build scenes based on suggestions from Twitter and shooting the shit. This week's guests are Chad Carter, Sean Conroy, and Andy Daly. Be sure to follow @MattBesser on Twitter and look for when he asks for suggestions!

#2 Foam Corner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

I love you, Earwolf.

#3 junesongprovider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

Awesome. Been eagerly awaiting this since mid-Earwolf Challenge. Was kind of hoping for Improdcast, but I'm not complaining.

#4 Jeff Ullrich

CEO

• Host
  • 251 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

We love you too, Foam Corner.

#5 gle urg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

Very nice! Listening now. But if this is going to be a weekly show, will it continue to be indexed under Earwolf Presents, or will it be given its own page and RSS feed?

#6 Shahruz Shaukat

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

@gle urg We're trying something new out with this. The idea is that Earwolf Presents has a large built-in audience that's already subscribed, that's open to sampling anything Earwolf puts out. So by putting out first episodes on the Earwolf Presents feed, it gets huge exposure. We'll be adding an improv4humans show page to Earwolf soon, but you can subscribe now via iTunes here: http://itunes.apple....t?id=479820088. We'll add episode 1 to that feed a minute before episode 2 comes out, so people aren't redownloading it automatically and getting annoyed.

Hope this makes sense!

#7 savvyveteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

This is amazing, and I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to listen to it for free. I hope Andy, Sean, and Chad are back regularly, and I'm excited to see who some of the other guest improvisers will be!

#8 Naylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

You really spoil us Earwolf, giving us all these treats every week.

#9 JoshuaDRazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

This is a gift. A weekly improv podcast with some of the funniest people on the planet.

#10 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

I've been missing my weekly Matt Besser fix since the Earwolf Challenge ended. This should do the trick. Great inaugural episode!

#11 Grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

Great show! I love the format! I could not have imagined a better group of improvisers.

#12 Papa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

What's up dad?!

I got a big cross for ya!

#13 Justin Schneyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

Best. New. Show. Hands down. Ass up.

#14 Buddy Redman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

This show was amazing. The entire time I was listening to it, I was either thinking that A. It was awesome, B. I need to start an improv group here in Central Illinois, or C. I need to go on the Earwolf forums to let everyone know that it's great so there will be more episodes. My opinion is very influential, and it pleases me to use it for good. Also, I didn't recognize my suggestion until the very end, when Matt started naming names, I was like "Oh shit, is that what that tweet I sent was for? Did he even see it?" And to think that last night I was worried about my future in the comedy business!

#15 Robert Strawsburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Fantastic new show! This week has been filled with so much new earwolf stuff I don't know what to do with myself.

#16 Matt Miller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Laughed out loud a few times, love it.

#17 Buddy Peace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Listening right now, bloody love it. Thank you so much.

#18 Alex Goldberger

Cowboy Poet Laureate of the Southeast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

Earwolf Presents has really delivered so far! First Analyze Phish, then Gelmania, then this?! It's almost too much awesomeness to handle.

#19 jars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

with a premise as thin as the ice on a pond in late autumn, this show slides gracefully between the cracks, and emerges safely, warm and dry, on the other side. funny funny shit. would subscribe.

#20 Jeff MacDonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

I can't believe this is going to be happening weekly. This is the best thing to happen since Sweet Home Alabama came out in 1974 (best song ever).