🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 174.5 - Minisode 174.5

Thank you caller with the correction about the Halloween tagline! To the caller with the friend troubles: I don't believe it's about the food, I definitely agree that your friends are too polite to tell you that they need some alone time. Talk to them, maybe only come over once a week for a while?

It's been a bit so I don't recall much of Ultraviolet, other than aggressive CGI, Milla being absolutely gorgeous per usual, and it making me want to dye my hair purple.

• Like 2

Ultraviolet is ultra boring.

(Please God, let me finish this tonight so I don’t have to continue it tomorrow...)

• Like 4

Yes I will join in and say the American movie theater experience is just like sitting a watching a giant TV before the movie comes on. It's usually commercials, commercials disguised as short films, commercials for TV shows, "Turn off your cellphone" comedy bits, and then a little digital welcome video that advertises popcorn and stuff. Then about 5 or 6 trailers?

"Commercials disguised as films" ... the last couple of times I've been, they've had a spot where these two giggly teenage douchebags come on all candid-like and say "We made a film and won a contest -- here it is" and it was a mostly-CGI bit about people at the concession stand buying popcorn. I remember somebody booing the first time I saw it.

It was me

• Like 5

I remember seeing Ultraviolet and the Aeon Flux movie within a few days of each other. I hated Aeon Flux, but I have no memory of Ultraviolet. Even after reading the Wikipedia synopsis, nothing rings a bell. That can't be a good sign, can it?

I've since rewatched Aeon Flux and enjoyed it a little more than I remembered (it would be 100% perfect for HDTGM). I dread/look forward to rewatching this.

• Like 4

I remember seeing Ultraviolet and the Aeon Flux movie within a few days of each other. I hated Aeon Flux, but I have no memory of Ultraviolet. Even after reading the Wikipedia synopsis, nothing rings a bell. That can't be a good sign, can it?

I've since rewatched Aeon Flux and enjoyed it a little more than I remembered (it would be 100% perfect for HDTGM). I dread/look forward to rewatching this.

From my memory Ultraviolet is trying and failing to be Aeon Flux which itself is trying and failing to be Aeon Flux.

• Like 4

From my memory Ultraviolet is trying and failing to be Aeon Flux which itself is trying and failing to be Aeon Flux.

As I just wrote to Grudlian over in Letterboxd, it’s The Matrix and Speed Racer (with a touch of Blade) all mashed together. But it’s all style, no substance. Even the visuals, that are sometimes cool, aren’t anything we hadn’t already seen by 2006.

• Like 3

As I just wrote to Grudlian over in Letterboxd, it’s The Matrix and Speed Racer (with a touch of Blade) all mashed together. But it’s all style, no substance. Even the visuals, that are sometimes cool, aren’t anything we hadn’t already seen by 2006.

Which is funny because I believe it was made by the same guy that made Equilibrium which is basically "what if I infused the style and look of The Matrix with my CliffsNotes* understand of 1984"

*I had to google this because it hit me that "Coles Notes" is only Canada

• Like 3

So I was reading recently (maybe on Cracked) part of Michael Phelps' routine before a race is to listen to music that hypes him up. It seems like common sense, but in the article they cited reports that claimed if you listen to music that gets your blood pumping, it puts you in heightened state of focus which allows you to perform better at whatever task it is you're trying to accomplish.

I've been putting together a play list, and it at least feels like it works (which, in a way, means it does work), but I'm trying to find more songs so I don't get tired of the songs I've already got.

So, what songs amp you guys up? (Any genre is fine)

Thanks guys!

• Like 4

So I was reading recently (maybe on Cracked) part of Michael Phelps' routine before a race is to listen to music that hypes him up. It seems like common sense, but in the article they cited reports that claimed if you listen to music that gets your blood pumping, it puts you in heightened state of focus which allows you to perform better at whatever task it is you're trying to accomplish.

I've been putting together a play list, and it at least feels like it works (which, in a way, means it does work), but I'm trying to find more songs so I don't get tired of the songs I've already got.

So, what songs amp you guys up? (Any genre is fine)

Thanks guys!

What songs are already on your list?

Good luck at your swim meet, btw.

• Like 3

What songs are already on your list?

Good luck at your swim meet, btw.

Yup, I’m psyched! Been working on my butterfly for HOURS!

Not many, tbh.

“No Vaseline” Ice Cube

“Fight the Power” Public Enemy

“Lose Yourself” Eminem

“When the Music Stops” Eminem

“Victory” Puff Daddy

“One Mic” Nas

“Straight Outta Compton” NWA

“Good Vibrations” Marky Mark

“Standing at the End of the World” Have Gun Will Travel

“My Shot” Hamilton Cast

“Hurricane” Lin-Manuel Miranda

“My Shot” The Roots

“Wrote My Way Out” Nas (and others)

“You’re the Best” Joe Esposito

“St Elmo’s Fire” John Parr

“Payback” lots of artists From Furious 7 soundtrack

“Far From Over” Frank Stallone

“Last Dragon” Dwight David

From Rocky IV soundtrack

“Burning Heart” Survivor

“Hearts on Fire” John Cafferty

“No Easy Way Out” Robert Tepper

“The Sweetest Victory” touch

“Training Montage” Vince DiCola

That’s what I have so far. Granted, it’s very Hip-Hop and Eighties-centric, but it can be whatever.

• Like 3

Thanks, Chunk and Taylor! Post as many as you like! Make the world feel good! ;)

• Like 3

This is a little tricky. I have songs that pump me up in a happy way (Sing a Happy Song by the O Jays) but don't give me energy per say. So here are some songs that give me that energy pumped up feeling (also mostly in genres to offset yours)

And my personal pitch for my beloved DEVO

• Like 3

This is a little tricky. I have songs that pump me up in a happy way (Sing a Happy Song by the O Jays) but don't give me energy per say. So here are some songs that give me that energy pumped up feeling (also mostly in genres to offset yours)

And my personal pitch for my beloved DEVO

Nice! I already own a lot of those, too!

• Like 2

I went ahead and put John Mellencamp’s “Cherry Bomb” on there too...

http://youtu.be/KF0gsbQKhD8

(How come Mellencamp looks like a guy you would take guitar lessons from at a Guitar Center?)

• Like 1

Cam Bert - I was gonna say "Don't Stop Me Now" too and a different Muse song, "Starlight."

Taylor - I was gonna say "Dancing on Glass" by St. Lucia.

Are these songs for working out? These are some songs from my gym's playlist recently that pumped me up. I don't do music & running.

Amor De Primera - Maxy Pley One

Despacito (Remix) - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee (it does feature Justin Bieber though)

Romeo Santos songs

Crash and Burn Girl - Robyn

• Like 4

No, not working out. I’ve got a whole different list for that. This is more, “I’m about to get to some work done today and it’s going to be epic” kind of stuff.

It’s usually just one or two songs before I get started.

ETA: Do you podcast and run? I find that hit or miss.

• Like 2

No, not working out. I’ve got a whole different list for that. This is more, “I’m about to get to some work done today and it’s going to be epic” kind of stuff.

It’s usually just one or two songs before I get started.

ETA: Do you podcast and run? I find that hit or miss.

I wish there was a playlist that would motivate me to vacuum more often. If someone has any song recommendations for that, please let me know.

Re: podcasts - not lately, no. I don't like carrying anything with me (exception: garbage books) and my mind goes blank too much. I podcast and commute though!

• Like 3

I wish there was a playlist that would motivate me to vacuum more often. If someone has any song recommendations for that, please let me know.

Re: podcasts - not lately, no. I don't like carrying anything with me (exception: garbage books) and my mind goes blank too much. I podcast and commute though!

That's what happens to me when I try to run and podcast. Next thing I know I'm like "Wait! What's going on now?" I'm not saying I won't do it, but it's not my preferred situation.

As far as vacuuming, I do a T to B clean every Sunday morning. If you keep up with it it doesn't take too long. :)

• Like 3

That's what happens to me when I try to run and podcast. Next thing I know I'm like "Wait! What's going on now?" I'm not saying I won't do it, but it's not my preferred situation.

As far as vacuuming, I do a T to B clean every Sunday morning. If you keep up with it it doesn't take too long. :)

I wish I could get away with weekly vacuuming, but then I'd be covered in cat fur T to B.

• Like 4

I wish I could get away with weekly vacuuming, but then I'd be covered in cat fur T to B.

This is you:

tenor.gif?itemid=4690325

• Like 6

I just embrace it and become one with the cat fur. It's easier that way.

• Like 4

I just embrace it and become one with the cat fur. It's easier that way.

This is you:

200w.gif

• Like 4