🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
taylor anne photo

A Love Letter to Paul and June

Paul and June,

I wanted to tweet this at y'all originally, but as Twitter can be a vacuum of noise it is understandable that things can fall through the cracks and never be read. So here I am on a forum that I know Paul visits frequently in the hopes that this can find its way to y'all.

The last couple of weeks have been quite the whirlwind when it comes to news. Everyone has to know what I'm talking about but just in case I'll do a quick tl;dr - After Harvey Weinstein was found out for being the sexual predator that he is, and subsequently famous name after famous name was found out as well there has become this unprecedented time where women can finally feel safe to talk about the horrible traumas in their lives at the result of sexual assault.

I am no exception to this. For the first time in maybe ever I felt comfortable speaking on the times where I was cornered in a bar and fondled as if I was some prize turkey needing to be examined by men. These aren't the only times I've experienced sexual assault but if felt comforting to know that I wasn't alone and I could speak on these topics without being attacked (because, yes, at one point I was told that I "misread" situations in which I was actually scared of something worse happening).

But I don't want to make this about me, I want to make this about y'all. I have been looking through Twitter these last few weeks, reading everything my timeline shows me, and have been so fucking ecstatic to see the two of you take such a bold stand in these times and never once back down. June, you in particular have become my hero with the way you comment on things and the way you comment on particular wording. Even this morning I noticed a certain extremely famous comedian made a comment on another certain famous comedian and you were there to question the wording of the comment. You fill me with hope that you don't have to be scared to call people out on their bull shit and us as women can live in this world without fear.

I just wanted to thank the both of you for being kind and generous and fucking BAD ASS and for creating this beautiful podcast that has become one of my faaavorite things in the whole world. And for standing up for what's right and making me feel less alone.

Thank you Paul. Thank you June. And thank you Jason cause I know even though you're not on Twitter you've got to be feeling the same way.

Much love from an overly devoted fan,

Taylor Anne

• Like 14

Paul and June,

I wanted to tweet this at y'all originally, but as Twitter can be a vacuum of noise it is understandable that things can fall through the cracks and never be read. So here I am on a forum that I know Paul visits frequently in the hopes that this can find its way to y'all.

The last couple of weeks have been quite the whirlwind when it comes to news. Everyone has to know what I'm talking about but just in case I'll do a quick tl;dr - After Harvey Weinstein was found out for being the sexual predator that he is, and subsequently famous name after famous name was found out as well there has become this unprecedented time where women can finally feel safe to talk about the horrible traumas in their lives at the result of sexual assault.

I am no exception to this. For the first time in maybe ever I felt comfortable speaking on the times where I was cornered in a bar and fondled as if I was some prize turkey needing to be examined by men. These aren't the only times I've experienced sexual assault but if felt comforting to know that I wasn't alone and I could speak on these topics without being attacked (because, yes, at one point I was told that I "misread" situations in which I was actually scared of something worse happening).

But I don't want to make this about me, I want to make this about y'all. I have been looking through Twitter these last few weeks, reading everything my timeline shows me, and have been so fucking ecstatic to see the two of you take such a bold stand in these times and never once back down. June, you in particular have become my hero with the way you comment on things and the way you comment on particular wording. Even this morning I noticed a certain extremely famous comedian made a comment on another certain famous comedian and you were there to question the wording of the comment. You fill me with hope that you don't have to be scared to call people out on their bull shit and us as women can live in this world without fear.

I just wanted to thank the both of you for being kind and generous and fucking BAD ASS and for creating this beautiful podcast that has become one of my faaavorite things in the whole world. And for standing up for what's right and making me feel less alone.

Thank you Paul. Thank you June. And thank you Jason cause I know even though you're not on Twitter you've got to be feeling the same way.

Much love from an overly devoted fan,

Taylor Anne

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 4

I agree wholeheartedly, and would start a June chant with you if I could. June and Paul's determination to stand up for the programs and rights they believe in and the people that they believe in is part of what makes me happy to support this podcast. (Also this forum, and my love of bad movies)

• Like 6

I agree wholeheartedly, and would start a June chant with you if I could. June and Paul's determination to stand up for the programs and rights they believe in and the people that they believe in is part of what makes me happy to support this podcast. (Also this forum, and my love of bad movies)

Sorry, I can’t remember what it was actually called, but they also did that 100 Days of Positivity Thing at the beginning of the year which was quite nice. When everything seemed to be at its most bleak, they were at least trying to sow some optimism and bridge divides. They seem like genuinely nice people - Jason included.

• Like 6

I couldn't agree more. The "casting couch" modus operandi has been in place in Hollywood since the Silent Era and it's time for such a disgusting practice to end, once and for all. The only way to accomplish that is for people to speak out and for people to listen.

• Like 5

Taylor Anne I support you and your letter 100% and wouldn't change a thing!

The only way to accomplish that is for people to speak out and for people to listen.

And do it more and more each day and continue to do it from now on, so that it hopefully never happens to anyone ever again.

• Like 5

I want to echo whay everyone is saying. I don't use Twitter but I checked their feeds after reading this thread. Good for them for what they are doing and saying.

It's one of the things I've missed about June not being on the podcast as much (not that I'm complaining. I know they are parents and working and busy). I've missed her jokes and insights into technology but I've also missed her calling out misogyny so aggressively. Paul and Jason do it as well but I loved hearing June not tolerate that shit.

• Like 2

On the subject of telling disgusting abusers to GTFO, Gal Gadot demands Brett Ratner GTFO of her franchise:

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-again-if-brett-ratner-is-out/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

It's hard to imagine a heroine more easy to root for or a Prime Choice Hollywood Douchebag to be on the chopping block for gross misconduct.

• Like 4

Thanks y'all for all the support. This community is just as amazing as the hosts and I'm happy I started commenting here!

• Like 4

Thanks y'all for all the support. This community is just as amazing as the hosts and I'm happy I started commenting here!

We're happy you started commenting here, too :)

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this