🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 521 - Bing Bong Goodbye

Humorist John Hodgman is this week’s guest supreme as he joins Scott and intern Gino Lambardo to talk about John’s new book “Vacationland,” Thanksgiving plans, and how buying a boat at an auction became the talk of the town. Then, Scott’s nephew Todd stops by to ask for help with his homework on how America started. Plus, former educator Caroline Belinda-Carlisle returns to the show to perform scenes from some of the shows she’s auditioned for as an actor.

• Like 2

Only 3 minutes in, and this is prossably already my favorite show of the year. Quite prossably. Prossably.

• Like 1

I heard John tell the boat story a few years ago and I still think about that whole standup set he did from time to time. He is an amazing storyteller in that he'll tell these big long stories that span a dozen minutes with little laughs along the way, but then becomes absolutely hysterical when he finishes it off.

Todd was hitting Wompler-like levels of age-inappropriate references, so basically this was a perfect extended plug for Raised by TV.

This episode gave a lot of enje- nope, no, can't do it.

• Like 1

I prefer to think of books as the flesh of murdered trees.

Also July spelled "humourist" wrong. I assume he's already been fired.

• Like 1

Bangor? I hardly know whore!

Definitely using that next time Bangor comes up in a conversation, when I inevitably bring it up for just such reason.