🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 131 — Honorary Mayor of Hollywood

It's sure been a while since Jason Mantzoukas popped in for an episode of Comedy Bang Bang. And I don't know about you, but I could really use a good interruption from a total stranger! We get the best of both worlds this week as Scott and Jason are joined by Chip Gardner, former television personality and (hopefully) future Honorary Mayor of Hollywood. Enjoy, and if Chip's spiritual wellness inspires you to give, consider buying The Complete Comedy Bang Bang Christmas Collection. All proceeds go to the LA Regional Food Bank.

Maybe the Darrell Hammond cutting jokes are funny in a vacuum or something but if you've listened to his interview on Fresh Air and still think it's the height of comedy you're probably a sociopath hope this helps. Didn't stick around for the inevitable Jerry Sandusky jokes.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the one they usually record in.
The first Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Daly was great, and I wished they would appear on a episode again. This one is as hilarious

When Jason talks about Chip's leaky face, I imagine it looks much like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

[attachment=10411,241]

• Like 1

Oh why do Andys characters all end up being evil? :D

• Like 1

I loved the episode! If we can't laugh about cutting, putting children in danger, and suicide by traffic what can we laugh about?

• Like 1

Me too, Sheldon. It seems like Chip just can't learn to shut his leaky face the f*ck up.

• Like 1

Please, please, please, for the love of god, more dirty talking Don Knotts. That impression was cut that off way too quickly. Perhaps he could be an "open door policy" guest in the future? Never before today had I considered a world with a dirty Knotts and now I can't get enough of it.

• Like 1

That 6th picture of Jason with the mountains in the background is the most glamorous image of podcasting as I've ever seen. Since The Moment, I've liquidated all my funds, bestowed the appropriate farewells upon my family, friends, and more-tolerated dealers, and, after much reflection, canceled my subscription to Canadian Woodworking.

Wowww. My grandfather was a radio personality for a while, and Chip Gardner sounds JUST LIKE HIM.
Very... mixed-feelings-y.

Wasn't crazy about the cutting jokes...hit a little close to home. I dunno maybe I'm a tad biased, I enjoy dark humor, but for some reason how lightly it was taken I found the cutting stuff...not funny.

Other than that a fucking amazing episode. PLEASE BRING JASON BACK!

• Like 1

Jason Mantzoukas plays angry like very few comedians can. I honestly get a little scared while laughing at him. Also, Scott, thank you so much for the Spaceballs theme. I watched that movie twenty times as a kid, and from the opening chords, I knew it immediately, and it made me very happy.

• Like 1

As much as I enjoyed the majority of the episode, I wish Jason Mantzoukas would have relaxed a little bit and let Andy Daly drive his own character a little bit more. I get that that was the "game" at certain points, but... yknow, the guy's a professional, you don't need to keep "setting him up" every single minute. That's all, minor quip with an overall enjoyable episode.

The way Jason and Andy played off of each other in this episode was amazing. Jason was setting Andy up so well for crazy jumping off points. There's a noticeable difference when all the guests are familiar with the show and know a lot of the old references. To me this episode is one of the best. It's like an improv clinic. Sorry to be so gushing, but this episode was stellar, to me.
-
Also, Hot Saucerman, if you're still doing those 'Making of the Bread' blogs. Then, I think this episode should get that treatment.

I haven't heard Scott give one of Andy's characters such a hard time since the Irish limerick episode. As yoozj, Andy really stepped up to the plate.

Okay, children army, Satanism and evil surgeries to create abominations and monstrosities, I get.

However, let me get this straight: a live children's show, broadcast at 2 a.m., that had sleepy sexually molested children running obstacle courses, shooting M-16s and being slapped awake by the host, a man wearing terrifying Halloween masks or ski masks with swastikas on them... and it was an hour long program?! And I missed it? Man, I don't watch enough PBS.

Another great episode!

@howdoyoustopit

Such a great episode..I love the "suicidal tendancies" thread that all of Andy's characters have, regardless of how different they are from each other...Gotta agree with Zach...Andy is at his best with Jason, Patton and Scott. There is a playfullness there that we as listeners are allowed to be a part of and the way they bounce of each other is flawless... Andy is so quick and able to turn things around..just amazing!
I have this uncontrollable urge to watch Semi-Pro again and get me some Dick Pepperfield...

This episode made me cry tears of laughter at my fucking desk... My face was leaking like Chip Gardner's...

Favorite part: Jason adding "nose" to their countdown to dreams. GOD, I love it when guests have listened to the show. I gotta love me some 5, 4, 3, NOSE, 1 action.

I hate coming across as a Mary Whitehouse, and I'm typically not one to complain about this sort of thing, but the Darrell Hammond jokes definitely made me uncomfortable. The episode was fantastic otherwise, though. I feel as though any one of Mr. Daly's characters would have been a perfect fit for the Halloween episode.

Sign in to follow this