Musical Mondays Week 26 Preview (Jammer Lea's 2nd Pick)

musical mondays jammerleamusical jammerlea

123 replies to this topic

#21 grudlian.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostCameron H., on 27 November 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

At one point, I was going to pick this! Love this movie!

This was on my shortlist but Jammerlea has definitely made my choice easier.

#22 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Postgrudlian., on 27 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

This was on my shortlist but Jammerlea has definitely made my choice easier.

The Muppets Take Manhattan?
(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Mary Lane, Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

#23 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostJammerLea, on 27 November 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

This was one of the movies I was originally considering the first time around. I don't remember when I last saw this movie, but The Muppets is so nostalgic for me; I really wanted to revisit it.

Pre-Musical Question: What's your favorite Muppet?

You can't tell from all my bad jokes?
Posted Image
(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."

#24 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

I was just in Disney this past week and they do a whole bit on Colonial America with Sam Eagle and it reminded me how much I love him. Fozzie Bear was my favorite as a kid due to Muppet Treasure Island and the PC game that my brothers and I were obsessed with.

#25 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Okay, I always say Animal is my favorite Muppet (though it was Kermit as a kid), but I'm pretty sure my all-time favorite skit is this one with Sam the Eagle

#26 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Full confession time, I have never seen the original Muppet movie. I saw all their movies from the 90s on, and watched the original TV show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies and the new ABC show but I have no memories of actually seeing the movie. I think I may be the only one here to not have seen it.

As far as favourite Muppet goes and maybe and odd choice but it's Rowlf. I liked his music as a kid.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#27 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

Im writing from my Nokia Lumia Windows Phone and I cant even quote :-S... But I wanted to thank Cameron H. for remembering what I said about my availability for the upcoming Musical Mondays and take the time to say thar Ellenmc is next and then is my turn so the fourth week of December is my turn and will discuss my pick on the first week of January 2018 if im not mistaken http://forum.earwolf...post__p__237406

I think i saw the muppets take manhathan on tv recently... Is that the one where miss piggy has a musical number with a muppets babies flashback and she rolls down a slide and crushes Kermit???

#28 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostCam Bert, on 27 November 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Full confession time, I have never seen the original Muppet movie. I saw all their movies from the 90s on, and watched the original TV show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies and the new ABC show but I have no memories of actually seeing the movie. I think I may be the only one here to not have seen it.

As far as favourite Muppet goes and maybe and odd choice but it's Rowlf. I liked his music as a kid.

Now we know why you wear the fake nose and glasses in your profile. Unless it's a Fozzie Bear tribute.
Posted Image

#29 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 27 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Now we know why you wear the fake nose and glasses in your profile. Unless it's a Fozzie Bear tribute.
Posted Image

Fozzie would be a close second.

It now concerns me that my favourite two were the ones that made awful puns.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#30 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

This is only tangential to the movie so I'll tell the story here. My family and I went to see this when it came out in theaters but, for some reason, went to a theater in another town. It was a larger theater that had been broken up into 2 screens. We were late getting there so the movie had already started. Back then they let you stay for the next show so we did, wanting to see what we had missed. While we waited the movie next door started up and soon we hear lots of screaming. The movie next door? The Amityville Horror! We were hearing the murders of the family that lived in the house that started the whole deal. Quite a moment for a 9-year-old kid!

#31 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostCam Bert, on 27 November 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Fozzie would be a close second.

It now concerns me that my favourite two were the ones that made awful puns.

Hey, Rowlf was a doctor, a very noble profession!
Posted Image

#32 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

I'm not suggesting that who ever has Christmas pick The Muppet Christmas Carol but I'm totally suggesting it
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#33 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 27 November 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

I don't believe I've ever seen this Muppet movie. I think I've only seen Muppet Treasure Island and A Muppet Christmas Carol. Maybe the Manhattan one? But the two I've seen, I've seen over and over again.

#34 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 27 November 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'm not suggesting that who ever has Christmas pick The Muppet Christmas Carol but I'm totally suggesting it

Posted Image

#35 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 28 November 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Posted Image
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#37 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

I am pretty sure I have seen this one. I know I had this one and The Great Muppet Caper on VHS. But don't remember anything from this one / remember Caper better than this one.

But more vividly remember the 90s Muppet movies (Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, Muppets from Space)

Gonzo was my favorite
Posted Image

#38 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 28 November 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Considering that is one of my favorite all-time Christmas movies and my favorite Christmas Carol adaptation, I would MOST ASSUREDLY not be opposed to this!
"Warning: Detected synaptic seepage. Neural failure within 24 hours... Welcome to Newark."
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#40 Cameron H.

Cookin' With Potatoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • LocationWerewolf Warehouse

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostQuasar Sniffer, on 28 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Considering that is one of my favorite all-time Christmas movies and my favorite Christmas Carol adaptation, I would MOST ASSUREDLY not be opposed to this!

I like this one a lot, but Scrooged and Mickey’s Christmas are still tops for me.
Max: You know what? I can’t do this for another second.
Geostorm (2017)

"Pack up!"
Om Shanti Om (2007)