🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 26 Preview (Jammer Lea's 2nd Pick)

Full confession time, I have never seen the original Muppet movie. I saw all their movies from the 90s on, and watched the original TV show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies and the new ABC show but I have no memories of actually seeing the movie. I think I may be the only one here to not have seen it.

As far as favourite Muppet goes and maybe and odd choice but it's Rowlf. I liked his music as a kid.

• Like 4

Im writing from my Nokia Lumia Windows Phone and I cant even quote :-S... But I wanted to thank Cameron H. for remembering what I said about my availability for the upcoming Musical Mondays and take the time to say thar Ellenmc is next and then is my turn so the fourth week of December is my turn and will discuss my pick on the first week of January 2018 if im not mistaken http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/42136-musical-mondays-rotation-and-sign-up/page__view__findpost__p__237406

I think i saw the muppets take manhathan on tv recently... Is that the one where miss piggy has a musical number with a muppets babies flashback and she rolls down a slide and crushes Kermit???

• Like 3

Full confession time, I have never seen the original Muppet movie. I saw all their movies from the 90s on, and watched the original TV show, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Babies and the new ABC show but I have no memories of actually seeing the movie. I think I may be the only one here to not have seen it.

As far as favourite Muppet goes and maybe and odd choice but it's Rowlf. I liked his music as a kid.

Now we know why you wear the fake nose and glasses in your profile. Unless it's a Fozzie Bear tribute.

Fozzie_action_figure_Groucho_glasses.jpg

• Like 4

Now we know why you wear the fake nose and glasses in your profile. Unless it's a Fozzie Bear tribute.

Fozzie_action_figure_Groucho_glasses.jpg

Fozzie would be a close second.

It now concerns me that my favourite two were the ones that made awful puns.

• Like 3

This is only tangential to the movie so I'll tell the story here. My family and I went to see this when it came out in theaters but, for some reason, went to a theater in another town. It was a larger theater that had been broken up into 2 screens. We were late getting there so the movie had already started. Back then they let you stay for the next show so we did, wanting to see what we had missed. While we waited the movie next door started up and soon we hear lots of screaming. The movie next door? The Amityville Horror! We were hearing the murders of the family that lived in the house that started the whole deal. Quite a moment for a 9-year-old kid!

• Like 4

Fozzie would be a close second.

It now concerns me that my favourite two were the ones that made awful puns.

Hey, Rowlf was a doctor, a very noble profession!

Vhchicken.jpg

• Like 5

I'm not suggesting that who ever has Christmas pick The Muppet Christmas Carol but I'm totally suggesting it

• Like 8

I don't believe I've ever seen this Muppet movie. I think I've only seen Muppet Treasure Island and A Muppet Christmas Carol. Maybe the Manhattan one? But the two I've seen, I've seen over and over again.

• Like 4

I'm not suggesting that who ever has Christmas pick The Muppet Christmas Carol but I'm totally suggesting it

giphy.gif

• Like 9

giphy.gif

qP6bW1k.gif

• Like 8

I am pretty sure I have seen this one. I know I had this one and The Great Muppet Caper on VHS. But don't remember anything from this one / remember Caper better than this one.

But more vividly remember the 90s Muppet movies (Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, Muppets from Space)

Gonzo was my favorite

200.gif#0-grid1

• Like 7

Considering that is one of my favorite all-time Christmas movies and my favorite Christmas Carol adaptation, I would MOST ASSUREDLY not be opposed to this!

• Like 5

Considering that is one of my favorite all-time Christmas movies and my favorite Christmas Carol adaptation, I would MOST ASSUREDLY not be opposed to this!

I like this one a lot, but Scrooged and Mickey’s Christmas are still tops for me.

• Like 4

I'm very excited about this pick. I am not always the best at participating in MM, but I'll try my hardest to be present. The Muppets are my Jam.

I know this movie pretty well, but I know Caper and Manhatten in that committed to memory kind of way. We had an illegally taped HBO copy on a beta tape and I wore that shit out.

Unlike a few of you guys, I do not know the 90's Muppets very well... although I am trying to become more enlightened. I saw Treasure Island for the first time like 2 weeks ago. It was decent and Tim Curry is amazing per usual.

I was pretty crushed when Henson died and I remember thinking that Kermit never sounded the same. The voice actor who took over after Henson's death, Steve Whitmire, has been doing him ever since and only recently retired (or was fired, not sure.) All-in-all he's done a good job, but at first Kermit sounded so strange to me. The newer movies and TV show sound pretty right.

I like this one a lot, but Scrooged and Mickey’s Christmas are still tops for me.

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: Muppet Christmas Carol... it's not my favorite. I don't hate it or anything, but I feel like I know a good bit about Christmas Carol and IMO it's just a clunky adaptation. I have been involved in a theatrical version of it for the last 9 years and we've done several scripts. I'm pretty well versed with all the movies... and I've read the novella. I'm not a Dickensian expert by any stretch, but I can discuss CC at length.

The point is... After all the Christmas Carol I've absorbed, Scrooged is my favorite and IMO tells the story the best of all the movies.

• Like 7

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: Muppet Christmas Carol... it's not my favorite. I don't hate it or anything, but I feel like I know a good bit about Christmas Carol and IMO it's just a clunky adaptation. I have been involved in a theatrical version of it for the last 9 years and we've done several scripts. I'm pretty well versed with all the movies... and I've read the novella. I'm not a Dickensian expert by any stretch, but I can discuss CC at length.

The point is... After all the Christmas Carol I've absorbed, Scrooged is my favorite and IMO tells the story the best of all the movies.

I am fully with you and my fellow Cameron. I'm not saying Muppet Christmas Carol is a bad movie. It isn't by any means. It is fun, funny and highly enjoyable. I even had it on VHS growing up. For me though it is not my go to version of a Christmas Carol. My mother would watch the old Alastair Sim version of Scrooge many times in December so growing up I too saw that version many times. So to me, that will always be the classic version of the Christmas Carol story. However, if I did want to see a take on it or a more fun version I would go with Scrooged too.

• Like 3

I think we're all in agreement that it's not the best adaptation of CC but I don't really think any of us are watching it for the story. At least I'm not lol. I'm watching it for Michael Caine acting 100% straight and brilliantly alongside Muppets and for the brilliant zingers throughout.

a847317ba05d1d9b9c65c784cea214f5.gif

• Like 3

I think we're all in agreement that it's not the best adaptation of CC but I don't really think any of us are watching it for the story. At least I'm not lol. I'm watching it for Michael Caine acting 100% straight and brilliantly alongside Muppets and for the brilliant zingers throughout.

a847317ba05d1d9b9c65c784cea214f5.gif

I'm watching it for Rizzo the Rat.

tumblr_mf9dnemmZo1r0z9mso2_250.gif

In all honesty, I just prefer lighthearted kid-like or made-for-tv Christmas movies. Muppet's Carol and The Year Without a Santa Claus are my must see holiday movies. My best friend and I watch the ABC Family movie 'The 12 Dates of Christmas' every year while drinking wine and eating cookies. Its a terrible movie. I'm so scared Netflix will remove it one year because apparently we can't buy it anywhere due to a lawsuit.

• Like 7

My best friend and I watch the ABC Family movie 'The 12 Dates of Christmas' every year while drinking wine and eating cookies. Its a terrible movie. I'm so scared Netflix will remove it one year because apparently we can't buy it anywhere due to a lawsuit.

I'm now very interested in seeing this movie.

• Like 5

Still on Netflix! Also, its awful so be warned. The main girl is just an awful human being.

Amazon has it on streaming

ETA: iTunes has it as well.

Oooh - It wasn't on Prime last year! I should just buy it now. I was always looking for the physical dvd.

Maybe they cleared up the lawsuit!

https://www.thewrap.com/abc-sued-over-12-dates-christmas-movie-concept-73031/

• Like 3

I will be watching it as well ;)

• Like 1