🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 176.5 - Minisode 176.5

From the first actor ever CGI’d to whether The Jazz Singer actually being good is covered on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Jazz Singer, Blake J. Harris chats with The Jazz Singer producer Jerry Leider about the movie, and the Movie Bitches review Mother. Plus, you’ll find out which movie we will be covering next!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Wow, Paul abandoned Cameron H on that ep. Poor guy is going to die on his Neil Diamond love hill alone. :P

• Like 6

I'm surprised they don't plug Jason in Big Mouth on Netflix. Wound up watching most of the season on Thanksgiving Day and it was HILARIOUS!

• Like 2

Thanks, Paul, for mentioning local screenings of The Room. Found one in Philadelphai next Friday and I'm looking forward to it! Never seen the movie so this will be awesome.

• Like 3

Wow, Paul abandoned Cameron H on that ep. Poor guy is going to die on his Neil Diamond love hill alone. :P

I read this before I listened to the episode and I was like, "uh-oh..."

"

'" that although some days feel like a "
," I live a "
." I don't mind being a "
." "
." And while some of you think that "
," "
" in civil discourse. I believe that even when we disagree, we can still travel this road together - "
" - toward greater understanding. Even if sometimes it requires a lot of "
" to get there. :P
  • Like 6

I read this before I listened to the episode and I was like, "uh-oh..."

"

'" that although some days feel like a "
," I live a "
." I don't mind being a "
." "
." And while some of you think that "
," "
" in civil discourse. I believe that even when we disagree, we can still travel this road together - "
" - toward greater understanding. Even if sometimes it requires a lot of "
" to get there. :P

What does your friend

think of your win?
  • Like 2

What does your friend

think of your win?

I have no idea. She and “

” ran off to join “
.”
  • Like 3

” ran off to join “
.”

I like discussing this with you. Some might call it "

" but I like it. I just tell them to mind their own business "
". "
" I would be sad.
  • Like 2

Correction of the correction GOLD is 500 000 in the U.S. and several albums have gone Diamond plus ++ ex.: Alanis Jagged Little Pill , Adele 21 ...Shania Twain Women In Me to name a few.

• Like 6

” ran off to join “
.”

That takes some real

. Do you think they're still in
?
  • Like 4

That takes some real

. Do you think they're still in
?

Maybe we should ask

I just wanted to say, I’m really excited about The Disaster Artist. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to watch it until it’s available to stream, but I wish everyone involved - especially our wonderful hosts - the best of luck! (Although, from what I’ve heard it’s an absolutely brilliant film)

• Like 4

I too am very excited for The Disaster Artist but unfortunately have no idea when that will make it's way over here. If it wasn't for the fact James Franco is involved I don't know if it would ever come over to a wide release anyway. Hopefully it'll get some Academy awards attention and that way I don't have to wait a year or more.

• Like 2

Having listened to The Room episode when it originally came out, it's fun to realize that that episode basically set up the hosts being in The Disaster Artist. I am kinda bummed that while I'm on vacation next week for my birthday I'm going to see The Disaster Artist, but there are apparently no midnight showings of The Room, as I would love to see it in a theater at least once.

• Like 5

I do have a fairly local indie theater that is getting The Disaster Artist. I'm really looking forward to it, as I greatly admire the people involved and am fascinated by The Room. Not so fascinated that I can watch it more than once without Rifftrax, but the phenomenon and the personality of Wiseau is just one-of-a-kind bizarre. And I am just all-in on James Franco. I really admire him as an artist even if I don't like everything he does. Plus, now that Johnny Depp is revealed to be a dirtball wife-beater, I really need a quirky, independent-minded, creative, handsome actor/writer to admire. Franco's got it, babyyyyy. He better not turn out to be a creep!

And I agree with everything Paul said about Cameron H.'s post. Way to raise the level of discourse on the entire Internet single-handedly, good sir!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I do have a fairly local indie theater that is getting The Disaster Artist. I'm really looking forward to it, as I greatly admire the people involved and am fascinated by The Room. Not so fascinated that I can watch it more than once without Rifftrax, but the phenomenon and the personality of Wiseau is just one-of-a-kind bizarre. And I am just all-in on James Franco. I really admire him as an artist even if I don't like everything he does. Plus, now that Johnny Depp is revealed to be a dirtball wife-beater, I really need a quirky, independent-minded, creative, handsome actor/writer to admire. Franco's got it, babyyyyy. He better not turn out to be a creep!

And I agree with everything Paul said about Cameron H.'s post. Way to raise the level of discourse on the entire Internet single-handedly, good sir!

giphy.gif

Thanks, Quasar! You’re too kind!

Speaking of Franco, did you hear he’s developing a Multiple Man movie?

multiple-man-movie-james-franco-jamie-madrox-1059076.jpg

I would assume they would be adapting (to some degree) Peter David’s take on the character - including all the X-Factor investigation. I love that run so hard. And, you know what? I’d love to see Paul in there as Strong Guy.

Guido_Carosella_%28Earth-616%29_003.jpg

I know Paul’s a busy guy, but I hope the next time he speaks with Franco he puts that worm in his ear. Hell, if Franco doesn’t want to do it, I’ll write it myself.

• Like 4

I would assume they would be adapting (to some degree) Peter David’s take on the character - including all the X-Factor investigation. I love that run so hard. And, you know what? I’d love to see Paul in there as Strong Guy.

Did anyone other than Peter David ever write a good Multiple Man? I sometimes feel that way about Quicksilver too.

• Like 2

Thanks, Quasar! You’re too kind!

Speaking of Franco, did you hear he’s developing a Multiple Man movie?

multiple-man-movie-james-franco-jamie-madrox-1059076.jpg

Guido_Carosella_%28Earth-616%29_003.jpg

I know Paul’s a busy guy, but I hope the next time he speaks with Franco he puts that worm in his ear. Hell, if Franco doesn’t want to do it, I’ll write it myself.

I AM aware of the Franco-spearheaded Multiple Man project! As my initial post probably indicates, I duly hope it comes to fruition. And Paul Scheer as Strong Guy would be magnificent. Worth it for just the behind-the-scenes photos of Paul in a black and pink MoCap suit, standing on four foot stilts, gabbing with Multiple Francos.

• Like 1

Did anyone other than Peter David ever write a good Multiple Man? I sometimes feel that way about Quicksilver too.

Other writers just tend to kill him off by some kind of disease until Peter David to resurrects him and reminds everyone how awesome he is.

Death+of+Multiple+Man+splash.jpg

madrox-dies-01.jpg

This is a shame because Maddrox written by David is a Top 5 Character for me.

I probably agree with you on Quicksilver, too. Written by anyone else he’s like a less interesting Northstar.

• Like 3

I had the pleasure of seeing The Disaster Artist today.

Solid-solid stuff.

Wish there was more June and more Zouks.

But Paul went full on beast mode in this. I was genuinely concerned for James Franco and Tommy Wiseaus safety.

• Like 5

I had the pleasure of seeing The Disaster Artist today.

Solid-solid stuff.

Wish there was more June and more Zouks.

No Spoilers... Having seen the film and the bonus extra mid credit content I think June must of filmed at least one extra scene that was not included and I hope to God that they include it in the DVD/BluRay release

But Paul went full on beast mode in this. I was genuinely concerned for James Franco and Tommy Wiseaus safety.

Tell me about it... I just hope Cameron H never gets I never get on Paul's bad side...

;)

• Like 2

Hey all!

I know not everyone here is on Twitter, so I just wanted to pass this along. Earlier today, Paul Tweeted our this link: https://www.daymaker.com/give/holidays?merchant_id=6%3Futm_source%3Dsocial&utm_campaign=paulseedling&utm_medium=social

I think this is an amazing service and I just wanted to encourage everyone to give it a look. It's a wonderful way to make a child (or two or three) very, very happy.

Let's end this year with hope and joy!

• Like 6

No Spoilers... Having seen the film and the bonus extra mid credit content I think June must of filmed at least one extra scene that was not included and I hope to God that they include it in the DVD/BluRay

Theres more after the "side-by-side"?