πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 42 β€” How Did This Get Made?

How Did This Get Made? has been on a roll lately. They've had guests like Lexi Alexander, director of Punisher: War Zone, Greg Sestero from The Room, and just performed a live show at Largo with Damon Lindelof and Superman's Jack O'Halloran. As we approach the one year anniversary of HDTGM? we have Paul Scheer on the show to talk about his podcast,Eardrop, and how he balances a busy career in television and film and an active onlinepresence. Please do check outEardropand tell us what you think in the forum!

That was an amazing episode. I had no idea just how journalistic Paul is, at times I thought he was handling the interview. In terms of selling advertisers on podcasts, I think you need to send them this episode. The points made on audience participation were perfect. I have never gone to a comedy show or bought a CD until after EARWOLF. I have never seen an episode of The League, until HDTGM. I also used Legal Zoom after SklarBro Country started having them as a sponsor, watched Bridesmaids after I heard CBB talk about it and watched almost every comedy central special ever mentioned through here. I plan on seeing the All's Fair movie when it comes out, just because they advertised here.

I haven't bought any electronic dildos yet from ADAM AND EVE....but the holidays are just around the corner.

Paul is always an enjoyable, insightful listen. With the recent news of Community being put on hiatus and the internet/social media uproar, the thought of a show like that and what the potential benefit would be from promotion via Earwolf is even more interesting.

Question with the Amazon setup - is it possible to assign a shortened or redirect url? Something sexy like earwolf.com/amazon that's easier to promote audibly and takes out the extra steps of finding the button/link on the show page?

Great episode, strongly agree with Scheer on the forum thing. I really think it would facilitate interaction and encourage people to post more. The shows here I am most dedicated to is CBB, HDTGM and WC, and I must say I was thrilled when Who Charted started doing ads for Adam and Eve. I feel like there's a great deal of adult focused products like that, and alcoholic spirits, etc., that are a natural fit for placements in these great shows. I have worked in new media adverting for 8 years now, and the transition from old to new media presents the opportunity to pinpoint the focus of a marketing message - it's what I like to call the difference between marketing with a hand grenade or marketing with a sniper rifle. Paul is so right about that billboard cost vs. spending online, spending on traditional media is so high and so ineffective when the product you're pushing requires a thoughtful and personal engagement. Fascinating discussion, guys, thanks a lot.

I thought the episode was really great. I haven’t heard Paul talk at all about tech or his involvement, and he was super interesting. Him going out and commenting on some video site about an episode of The League just for fun is very cool. But, terrible transition, please do not add threaded comments to this message board. Threaded comments are awesome on blogs, but they are clunky and awful on a message board. Quotes serve the exact same purpose. This message board looks awesome, and has a few really good ideas in it (like the alternating colors for posts). It is just lacking a handful of really basic functions like line breaks, quoting, a new posts link, and a jump to first new post button on individual threads. I think with those 4 things added you’d see a large increase in back and forth discussion, the one thing this forum is missing (outside of The Earwolf Challenge and Analyze Phish where people struggled to make it work).

Awesome episode! Paul has been awesome in interacting with his audience, more so than probably anyone other than Jeff. I agree with Rutabaga, don't make the threaded comments. They work great on comments like he says but are weird and really mess with the flow of a board. I thought it was interesting that he brought up the NTSF:SD:SUV:: ads that ran on WTF. When those were on WTF I was so surprised I didn't hear any on Earwolf shows as well. I don't know if it was a conflict of interest or what, just seems like an obvious choice for advertising, maybe they don't want to invest where things will probably get plugged anyway?

Emphatic agreement about threaded comments. Add a quote function instead. Threaded comments make a message board like this much harder to read.

Sign in to follow this