🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 27 Preview (Maximiliano’s 2nd Pick)

Oh wow ... I never saw this when it was in theaters last summer (I don't know ... "life" or whatever) despite always loving Edgar Wright, so this will correct a grievous omission in my summer movie-going. Gotta say, though ... I had no idea it was a musical.

We've always maintained a pretty loose definition of the word "Musical." Like, is The Doors a Musical? What about Walk Hard? I think this is an interesting pick because - while the characters might not break out in to song - music is integral to the storytelling. At least, that's what I've heard. I haven't seen it yet either.

• Like 6

Oh wow ... I never saw this when it was in theaters last summer (I don't know ... "life" or whatever) despite always loving Edgar Wright, so this will correct a grievous omission in my summer movie-going. Gotta say, though ... I had no idea it was a musical.

No, it's not your typical musical, but the music plays a big part in the storytelling. At least in the first half. I won't go into any spoilers, but there's some wonderful "choreography" in the beginning. /wink

• Like 8

No, it's not your typical musical, but the music plays a big part in the storytelling. At least in the first half. I won't go into any spoilers, but there's some wonderful "choreography" in the beginning. /wink

Seconded. That's a big part of what endeared me to the movie.

• Like 5

This is making it so hard to not jump the gun and already talk about the movie but that beginning was fuckin fantastic.

• Like 6

I'm hoping y'all are talking more "Bellbottoms" and less "Harlem Shuffle"

T7QS8rp.gif

• Like 2

T7QS8rp.gif

I apologize. I didn't know the opening song's title. Yes, "Bellbottoms" especially.

• Like 2

I'm excited to watch this again (I saw it in theatres) but also, just to warn you all, I have a massive crush on Jon Hamm so I feel like that'll mostly be what I'm talking about.

tumblr_lqk5nvJg5j1qavulvo1_500.png

Though I will tell you when I saw this with my dad, his review was 'that was very silly but Jamie Foxx was good'.

• Like 7

I'm excited to watch this again (I saw it in theatres) but also, just to warn you all, I have a massive crush on Jon Hamm so I feel like that'll mostly be what I'm talking about.

tumblr_lqk5nvJg5j1qavulvo1_500.png

Though I will tell you when I saw this with my dad, his review was 'that was very silly but Jamie Foxx was good'.

I saw in theaters as well because I like Edgar Wright's movies, and also both Jon Hamm and Jon Bernthal :)

My boyfriend does love both Jons as well (he has a big man crush on Bernthal, lol).

But Bernthal wasn't in the movie very long.. I do wish his character stuck around longer (or maybe his character stayed instead of Foxx's character) but I'll get into it more next week :D

• Like 6

17nihs.jpg

• Like 2