#41 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostJay Rundo, on 16 December 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

I literally joined the forums yesterday in anticipation of the next call in episode. I missed it, and i'm so mad I could, and will spit.

UPDATE
I GOT THROUGH

#42 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

Ugh, they didn't even tell me

#43 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

waiting to get screened... kevin is bein a slow job

#44 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

KEVIN!!!

#45 Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

I was waiting in the queue and never even got screened so maybe it was a bad idea to use Kevin instead of the OG Intern Andy.

never mind i did get screened, keep Kevin kill Andy

#46 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

I called 1-800-EARWOLF and got charged $2.00 for the first minute and only 49¢ for each additional minute. I don't know who I talked to, but it definitely wasn't Sean and Hayes. She kinda seemed to be coming on to me a little too strong.

#47 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

I just realized... The number I dialed also works as 1-800-FAPWOKE. It's a phone sex line for people who want to be told that they know what's really going on. Hopefully Earwolf will put out a disclaimer.

#48 the ostrich

father figure to domantas sabonis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostDMC, on 15 December 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

_I_ would do the deal, depending on what the rest of your roster is like, but ya need assists and Kanter will likely be out again with another injury. Kanter is efficient though, and fantasy doesn't care about defense so his suckage issues there won't hurt ya.

Will 1.3 threes and 1.6 steals a game help ya? He gets 3.1 turnovers, but I always punt on TOs when I do NBA fantasy since all the best players get a lotta TOs. You'll lose some raw FG% though, so be sure not to overlook that...! Checking Kanter's stats, it's crazy that he's only getting to the line 2 times a game considering his playstyle. As the Knicks try to make the playoffs, I think his bad defense and awkward fit with Porzy will cut even further into his minutes (only playing 25 a night), but he's at least producing in his role.

If he gets detained in Turkey for speaking out against the corrupt Turkish leaders, you'll wish ya did the trade!!!

EDIT: I typo'd.

much appreciated analysis. thankfully, we don't play with turnovers, so that's not an issue. my roster is really heavy on 3's and steals, and rebounds are probably my 3rd best category. assists are really far down, so i figure it's better to be slightly above average with rebounds and below average with assists than average or below average in both categories. teague would definitely help boost up my 3's and steals, but i'm already 9-0 and 7-1-1 in those categories this season, so it might not even be worth it if it means sacrificing above averageness in rebounds. I've also got isaiah thomas coming back soon, and while his best season is most certainly behind him, he'll certainly help in 3's and assists (not to the extent that teague does for assists, though).

you make a good point about kanter's injury proneness, though. aside from a couple seasons ago where teague had a knee(?) injury, he's been pretty reliable.

#49 OliviaG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostJay Rundo, on 16 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

UPDATE
I GOT THROUGH

Had you already spit out of anger, or did you get through before taking such drastic action?

#50 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Well I never got to speak with Sean or Hayes. I just sat waiting to be screened. On the other hand I got to listen to the podcast uncut raw (the way I like) through my phone which was fun.

I even had a sick joke to tell the boys. It went unsaid, which is sad.

So to answer your question yes I did spit, but I spit from my eyes.
Not out of anger, but sadness. :(

p.s.
The joke was gonna be just to shout PINA COLADA and hang up. and that will make a lot more sense to you guys on Tuesday.

#51 DMC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:59 AM

View Postthe ostrich, on 18 December 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

I've also got isaiah thomas coming back soon, and while his best season is most certainly behind him, he'll certainly help in 3's and assists (not to the extent that teague does for assists, though)

Ohhh yeah, you should be set then! And at least Kanter can be relied upon to score efficiently, grab rebounds, and IT will likely get an efficiency boost by playing next to Lebron since IT won't be relied upon to create as much offense as he had to do for the Celtics. Even if his overall scoring and assists aren't too high, he'll still produce at least enough to be a nice boost and maybe even get up to speed by the time your fantasy playoffs come around.

HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOOOOOK!