🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 216 - Meredith Hagner, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes welcome MEREDITH HAGNER to Earwolf studios to share stories and get her help on a financial project they’ve been working on.

• Like 9

I'm going to give this a thorough listen. I'll enjoy it and report my findings post haste.

• Like 6

what if Hayes owned a harbor and his name was Hayes Havenport, it'd be a throwback to when last names said what a person did. like our 1st president George who does 2,000 lbs of laundry, and Chris Columbus who every time his boat broke down phoned Greyhound to rescue his crew. and of course Meredith who is great at holding clothes and airplanes, putting up picture frames and doing extreme rock climbing, and even tho her name doesn't imply it she's very funny, nice, brave, sweet and lovely

• Like 9

What do you do if you're eating lunch alone at a fast casual place and you have to leave your unfinished meal to go to the restroom or get a refill? How do you keep the staff from thinking you've abandoned your table with an unfinished meal and that they'll have to clean it or it's left there to rot?

Thanks in advance

• Like 10

Wtf. They had a good guest that was willing to be stupid and ready to go with the flow, and they turned it into a headache episode. Like Worse than the early Sharpling episodes.

Not the guests fault. The phone bit gave me a headache, so bad. Love the show usually, one of the funniest, but oooph.

• Like 1

I agree that it was very rude of Scott and Brett to interrupt the show with their personal phone calls like they did. Even so, I still love Scott and I love Brett and I love Sean and I love Hayes and I'm in love with all of them. Though we may disagree about the episode being good or bad I still liked the comment because I have to like everything. Also, if Hayes keeps turning him down I'll step up and offer to be best friends with Kevin.

• Like 6

but oooph.

Please don't sign your posts (in case my friends online don't know this code it's 'Butt: Only One Of Poop's Holes' )

• Like 7

By the way, the rash is coming along great, Scott. Keep it up, proud of you buddy!

RQg268n.png

• Like 9

Really good. They should get Merry on for the next twelve days because of the holidays.

• Like 9

How do you keep the staff from thinking you've abandoned your table with an unfinished meal and that they'll have to clean it or it's left there to rot?

Thanks in advance

I work in a restaurant (side gig). The answer is so simple I'm surprised at how often I have to tell people: physically stand up on the table, raise your arms, and announce very loudly exactly what you're going to do. Either a one or a two. If you say one, and aren't back in five minutes, we will assume you are dead and your estate will be billed.

Hope this helps!

-jjpi

• Like 9

Started listening again. I remember Hayes' spooky witch hat, I also remember watching Vampire's Kiss so I'd know what they were talking about. It was all almost too scary, except that scene where Nick Cage does the alphabet. That scene was good for kids and people who just want to revisit childhood memories. I'm glad to know Sean was invited to hang around to watch Hayes get lots of laughs and applause.

• Like 7

damn that was a kick ass jam! I posted the full video of HHFFMC rehearsal on youtube but they took it down bc our covers sounded too much like the original recordings and actually better so the artists got scared that we'd get all the listeners and ads, but I guess Jack White watched the video before it was removed and has offered us a record deal with Third Man plus some dope t-shirts and dark sunglasses

we'll be heading into the studio this weekend to throw down some hot tracks, then we're leaving to go on tour. while we're away doing the big shows Dr. Dre, Rick Rubin, Pharrell, Bjork, Brian Eno and Trent Reznor will finish mixing the album so we can get our music out to the people, which is why we do this in the first place

please choose TWO US CITIES and ONE INTERNATIONAL CITY as stops on tour. specify venue or we'll just book the biggest stadium in town and burn that muther effer down. the tour is nameless so do tell if you have an idea

I pick the Moda Center in Portland, OR, the Superdome in New Orleans, LA, and Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo, Brazil

current tour set list:

-I Believe I See the Lighthouse

-Lawyers, Guns and Money

-Not Sweet, Not Sour

-Feel It

-Bathing in Ketchup (My Life, My Choice)

-November Rain

-Freestyle Noodling

-Sound Blanket 14

-Honey, the Baby Spilled Dry Cheerios (On the Living Room Carpet) Extended VIP Mix

-Mikrophonie I

-Can't Get You Out of My Head

-Mixin' the Bathtub Gin

-Volare

-Don't Laugh (I Love You) (And I'm in Love With You)

-Divine Fulfillment of Perfect Productivity

it looks like we'll remain The Black Satan Metallica Stones of Rock and Also Roll. the ostrich's suggestion of DJ Soggy Sugar and the Wet Sleeves, while clever and moist, has two major flaws: 1, there are no DJs in the group, and 2, we here at HH forum fantasy music collective seek to foster a united artist movement where we do not separate ourselves by who is a Soggy Sugar and who is a Wet Sleeve, but we all stand together as equal partners in The Black Satan Metallica Stones of Rock and Also Roll

suck it Lars

• Like 10

while i am concerned about the future legal ramifications of our name choice, i am glad we're riding it out with our original controversial name. also, i would have undoubtedly been a Wet Sleeve, which i feel like people would then twist into me being a wet noodle or something.

i love love LOVE the choice of "Divine Fulfillment of Perfect Productivity" as our closer. i think people will be shocked at how hard Weiser is to get. he really owns it.

i choose odle gymnasium at in upland, indiana (because i want all my haters from college to see how young, rich, and successful i've become), madison square garden in NYC (just so i can wear a reggie miller jersey and get boo'd every time i have a solo). as for international, let's do the international space station. i know jack white is all about the unconventional with music distribution. he already tied a record player to a weather balloon, so how much more difficult could it be to tie a band to several weather balloons?

• Like 6

Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo, Brazil

great choice with brazil! that way we can avoid all those people that will comment on our social media with "come to brazil!!!!!"

• Like 5

B) B) B) i have also decided that my signature look is double posting every time and there's nothing you can do to stop me B) B) B)
  • Like 5

I suggest we hit up the following cities on our tour:

-Creve Coeur VFW Hall in Peoria, IL: this is where GG Allin invented his "pooping on stage" gimmick, many of the other bands on tour will feel right at home since they perform like this with their posts on this forum

-The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, CA, USA - gotta hit this spot to pay tribute to one of my favorite comedy films get him to the Greek

-The LA Theatre, Greece Europe - only true comedy fans will get this hilarious reference and turn-about, everyone in the audience will nod and high five before we even take stage at the sheer absurdity of this. (I must reveal my COI this venue suggestion is also viral marketing for the new stitcher premium show Scheer Absurdity where Paul Scheer raccounts the legendary Sylvester Stallone Wolf Pop podcast minute by minute)

• Like 6

Using a random US city generator came up with suggested gigs in Henderson, Nevada and Mesa, Arizona. We could play on old burial grounds to soothe the restless spirits of the ancients.

Added fun: Say things like Mesa-having a good time! And Mesa-horneeee baby! in a Jar-Jar style to tickle the local funny bones.

Added fun 2: if we find any around the burial site, tickle some actual bones.

International Gig: Prague. AKA Prague-narok.

• Like 6

I'd like to play at The Fun House in Seattle. I been there and it has a big scary clown head above the entrance. Scary clowns are in the zeitgeist these days so that alone should draw a crowd. Then of course the one that's already a given would be the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame at our induction ceremony. Then as far as international I'd go with The Stockholm Dome. I hear it seems like a terrible venue at first, but after a while you grow to love it.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this