🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 177.5 - Minisode 177.5

Advice on what to do with a lot of free time, Franco’s crotch sock in The Disaster Artist, board game recs, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Disaster Artist/The Room and the Movie Bitches review Thor: Ragnarok. Plus, you’ll find out which superhero movie we will be covering next!

A movie about people foreclosing on a bank can be a real life story. I think they covered something like that on The Daily Show or one of the spinoffs.

A movie about people foreclosing on a bank can be a real life story. I think they covered something like that on The Daily Show or one of the spinoffs.

That movie is called Mary Poppins:cnsmovie_marypoppins_17.jpg

Also, Kelsey Grammar is an Expendable?

He's a good pick to fight, because all you need is to put him on a stage and wait for him to kick his own ass.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31223-1371810492-0.gif

• Like 6

Was I the only one literally (appropriate usage) yelling "KELSEY GRAMMAR!!!" during the entire Expendables question? I'm so glad Paul got there eventually. I would've had to write a very snippy C&O to the minisode and those don't get read so what's the point.

• Like 3

When Paul introduces me for half a second before going on a tangent about meeting someone else from the forums...

6y23edf.gif

• Like 6

Briefly getting to meet Paul and Jason was great. The next morning I woke up very ill but I am not connecting any dots.

• Like 9

That movie is called Mary Poppins:cnsmovie_marypoppins_17.jpg

Also a little obscure movie... maybe 1 or 2 of you have seen it...

• Like 7

One of my favourites of last year was about foreclosing on the bank in a different way..

hell_or_high_water.jpg?itok=X2qvnfre

• Like 7

Okay, so I've not been here for a while, wanted to make a comeback, and my account doesn't work, so just remember, it's SMIGG, but with a dot on the end, I know it's a huge change, but we'll get used to it together.

While I was away, I gathered some thoughts on various movies/shows/etc..

- I LOVE Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, she nails the role, because it's easy to play a bad ass woman, who just ends up as what basically amounts to a role that could be a guy, but is just played by a woman instead. But there was this thing that Gadot did that I really liked

- LOL was on TV here, and I had PTSD flashbacks... SHIT DICKS FOREVER!!

- I watched a movie called "The Eliminators" starring Scott Adkins and Wade Barrett from WWE, there's a bit where Adkins gets beaten up by a bunch of guys with baseball bats, but one of them accidently hit him in the balls for real, and that's the take they kept in the film, I still chuckle thinking about it.

- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 nearly made me cry, and Dave Bautista needs his own Drax movie

- I don't know why there's so much virtiol towards Justice League, I don't really care about comic book movies, but I enjoyed it.

- Dunkirk was fucking GREAT.

- Kingsman: The Golden Circle was fucking GREAT

- I enjoyed Daddy's Home 2.

- I wanted to see A Bad Mom's Christmas, but the only days I could go to the cinema, it wasn't on, and the days I couldn't go, it was on.

- My friend Mark blocked me because I kept on sending him pictures of Tommy Wiseau

- The Disaster Artist is my favourite movie of the year, and even though I'm biased as an HDTGM fan, Paul was absolutely incredible in the movie, the part where he defends Juliette, I was almost going "Yeah, Paul! Fucking get him!"

- I watched Ghostbusters on Sky Movies, wasn't really worth it in the end.

- Die Hard remains the greatest Christmas movie EVER

- Francis Ngannou is a scary man, and he scares the shit out of me.

- The Rock needs to stop saying 'Yes' to bad movies, just do the action movies.

- I'm far too excited for the Royal Rumble

- I'm still threatening Paul with a powerbomb!

• Like 3

Was I the only one literally (appropriate usage) yelling "KELSEY GRAMMAR!!!" during the entire Expendables question? I'm so glad Paul got there eventually. I would've had to write a very snippy C&O to the minisode and those don't get read so what's the point.

I didn't specifically think of Grammer, but I was thinking that Couture is the ABSOLUTE LAST person you'd want to pick. Like, does Paul actually know who he is beyond "Person who was in The Expendables"?

• Like 1

Grammar isn't really one of The Expendables. He's basically a guy who pimps out mercinaries for want of a better term, I don't consider him a core member.

However, Paul is absolutely insane for even contemplating Randy Couture.

• Like 2

I didn't specifically think of Grammer, but I was thinking that Couture is the ABSOLUTE LAST person you'd want to pick. Like, does Paul actually know who he is beyond "Person who was in The Expendables"?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He picked the one Expendable who is a legit fighter, did mixed martial arts and wrestling (non professional).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He picked the one Expendable who is a legit fighter, did mixed martial arts and wrestling (non professional).

Dolph Lundgren was a karate champion as well.

• Like 1

Dolph Lundgren was a karate champion as well.

Chuck Norris made his name doing martial arts and Mickey Rourke had a boxing phase. But for a lot of those guys it was a long time ago. Coutore was the most recent legit fighter right? Unless I'm missing someone.

It would be like asking which WWE wrestler you could take in real life and picking Kurt Angle.

Chuck Norris made his name doing martial arts and Mickey Rourke had a boxing phase. But for a lot of those guys it was a long time ago. Coutore was the most recent legit fighter right? Unless I'm missing someone.

It would be like asking which WWE wrestler you could take in real life and picking Kurt Angle.

Well, if we're counting the younger ones from Expendables 3, you also have Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz. But you're right, out of the main core of them, Couture's the most recent pro fighter.

Out of all of them, I'd say the best chances are against Schwarzenegger. Or, maybe Liam Hemsworth if we're counting him.

Seems to me the obvious choice of who to fight in the Expendables is Stallone. He's nearly 3,000 years old and the most likely to have a heart attack if his adrenaline got pumping.

• Like 2

you wait all year for a Christmas episode ...

SIDFJHy.jpg

this is the second year in a row without a festive edition and i think all the old christmas eps are behind the wall ... so, does this mean HDTGM hates christmas??? is paul really the scheer-inch? or is everyone just too busy to get to record an episode at this, the busiest time of year ... either way fox news are gonna be pissed!!! ... silver tinseled lining i suppose

i haven't been here for a few episodes, i'm taking a break from HDTGM for a while, but as i'm here now i hope those of you who celebrate a holiday have a great one and those who don't have a nice week whatever you get up to.

so be good, be safe and see ya all next year .. or maybe between the 25th and new years ... depending on how quickly i get bored

• Like 3

I liked the "Day the Crayons Quit" but my son never really got into it.

Parents, what is/was your favorite kids book?

, I was a big fan of Anna Dewdney's "Llama Llama" books.

But my crown has to go to Mo Willems, especially the Knuffle Bunny series.

My son is on to chapter books now so this is mostly history, but my daughter is coming up on reading age...

• Like 1

this is the second year in a row without a festive edition and i think all the old christmas eps are behind the wall ... so, does this mean HDTGM hates christmas??? i

I know ! I thought the old christmas episodes might be available this time of year but no!

so many questions:

what the f***?

was this announced in a recent ep?

will it ever be available for non-subscribers?

will i ever watch valerian if it's not?

& is it canon if it's not?

also, where did i put that box of mince pies?

wRDwSiL.png

edit: i'm actually very annoyed by this. i have alot of negative thoughts i could blurt out now but i won't. it's not been the best couple of months and this is just another tiny stinging splinter from the big wooden paddle that is life .. so i'll sleep on it. i probably won't care tomorrow but right now i'm a little pissed off. i assume it will pop up somewhere else anyway.

• Like 2

edit: i'm actually very annoyed by this. i have alot of negative thoughts i could blurt out now but i won't. it's not been the best couple of months and this is just another tiny stinging splinter from the big wooden paddle that is life .. so i'll sleep on it. i probably won't care tomorrow but right now i'm a little pissed off. i assume it will pop up somewhere else anyway.

I- I am honestly speechless that this is the way this is turning out.

• Like 1

I- I am honestly speechless that this is the way this is turning out.

it was recorded at the "pee cast blast" .. whatever that is .. and is in that section on stitcher so it may not even show on the HDTGM feed. it could just be a deal they had with the festival. hopefully this means it's just a once off or at least for only when they play that festival.

maybe paul could clear all this up with another "special announcement" ep.