🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 217 - Listeners, Our Close Friends 4

Funny.

They should get Ders back on.

I couldn't call in because I had to wait with my mum for a Chinese meal to arrive.

• Like 6

As much as I've tried to stop loving the boys, I can't. I wish I had known about this show. I would have called in. It was very funny and I love hearing Hayes say Anastahzia. I also love hearing Sean tear into a caller who tries to do a bad bit. <3

• Like 21

Dalton, when did you transition from sexy priest man to sexy rogue man?

I would've called in, but they hung up on me last time and I forgot what my good, good question was. Also I live in a basement and get bad service and walking up stairs is hard.

I'll make more of an effort next time. Especially if I'm already upstairs.

• Like 9

i would have called in, but i've had the worst case of cotton mouth recently and i haven't the faintest idea as to why

• Like 6

Can we reschedule this

I'm actually serious this time doesn't work for me, it is a few days ago

• Like 16

Am I sad I got the memo 15 hours too late? Of course I am. Am I sad that the boys did a great job with their very special guests? Come on now.

• Like 7

the call was near perfect, but a little tag he could have said would have been "oh! hm, I thought it was Street Vintent"

• Like 7

Not that I even noticed or cared, but for anybody who hasn't been posting on these boards for half a decade, I'm pretty sure there were only like 7 or 8 other forum members on Sean and Hayes' list of people they were hoping to talk to before they got to me.

• Like 13

I just received this leaked photo from inside Earwolf. I really don't know why C*dy (censored to protect him or her) needed to take a picture and then screenshot it before sending it, but that's fine. He or she isn't great with tech sometimes. Apparently the new Earwolfman Jack clone ad was quite a hit with Scott. So much so that it is now the official ad copy for every podcast. It must be his enjoyment of word play humor.

5J1brri.png

Seems like a weird choice to have everyone refer to themselves as this new Earwolfman, he's got a very distinct voice. I know I'll be able to tell whenever it is or not really him.

• Like 11

Why didn't anyone talk to Bosch???

This is the best podcast, and while I wouldn't ever call into anything, I can have a imaginary phone call where I killed it and didn't shit the bed with mumbles and not being able to hear them with my cell phone reception and then Cody gets a good burn in on me.

I'm in Portland, is everyone from Oregon here or something? Or around 80% are in the NW? Did anyone call Sean out HARD for mispronouncing "Willamette" the other week? I would do it but I don't do that, that'd be annoying.

I lived in LA for the past 8 or 9 years, and I even remember their LA Weekly story years ago, but I figured how good can the podcast be, they got Nick Young on the cover and he's the worst. Maybe Nick Young is actually good, LA Weekly was right to showcase 'em! And Betsy Sodaro!

• Like 6

"I'm experiencing them anew every time"

exactly how I feel about the boys each week

• Like 5

I lived in LA for the past 8 or 9 years, and I even remember their LA Weekly story years ago, but I figured how good can the podcast be, they got Nick Young on the cover and he's the worst. Maybe Nick Young is actually good, LA Weekly was right to showcase 'em! And Betsy Sodaro!

i'm sorry to report that nick young is no longer good simply because he broke his rule of "no tats on the right arm strictly for buckets."

• Like 4

we interrupt your regularly scheduled forum to bring you a live HHFFMC update: it is with infinite sorrow and trepidation that I must report the tragic accident that has befallen The Black Satan Metallica Stones of Rock & Also Roll aboard their B-59 Concorde stealth hellcat rocketjet bound for Morocco to kick off the 2017 Dumpster Fire World Tour when some birds got sucked into all of the engines and the co-pilot tried to wake up Sully for a patented miracle water landing but he'd taken 3 ambien and was passed out so the co-pilot did his best and called in an emergency mayday SOS before all traces of the aircraft disappeared somewhere in the vicinity of Bermuda near a 3-sided geometric figure

at the ceremony for remembrance and serious reflection Lars Ulrich sang an acoustic version of I Believe I See the Lighthouse with Phil Collins on bongos, Flea on vibes, Miley Cyrus playing the whole world, Yoko Ono on dobro, Woody Harrelson on tubular bells, Meatloaf on meat flute, Lana Del Rey on kazoo, some Greek folk on cheek poke, Billy Joel on keyboard, David Letterman on the vacuum and Neil Peart on a little tambourine. because Weiser was playing so hard to get he wasn't aboard the plane and is the sole surviving member of the group. he accepted the Rock & Also Roll Hall of Fame memorial legacy tribute award on our behalf

the album we recorded is finished and will be released posthumorously because this whole ordeal is very sad and definitely not funny. but we'll always have the memory of our 1st jam that Jack White saw and flipped out about to Oprah

RIP%20Black%20Satan%20Metallica%20Stones.jpg

• Like 9

Had a great time on the show.

Living that boat life.

Xoxo

Chanson

• Like 21

So I found this picture to post in defense of Vintent. As their conversation clearly shows, Kevin James and Adam Sandler are hanging out and talking about how many doughnuts Kevin can eat. It is a lot!

SCUguVO.png

I got your back, Vintent, wherever you are. It honestly took some guts to call in.

(As you can see this image has been slightly edited. For some reason it was nearly impossible for me to find a picture of Kevin James even holding a doughnut, or eating anything. There are tons of Kevin Smith handing out doughnuts, though.)

• Like 10

i'm sorry to report that nick young is no longer good simply because he broke his rule of "no tats on the right arm strictly for buckets."

See I knew he was the worst!! CONFIRMED!

And now he'll get a ring this year, joining such esteemed company as Adam Morrison and Antoine Walker.

• Like 5

And speaking of basketball cuz I brought it up earlier, I really like the old SXSW episode they did where they make fun of college basketeering. It was a lotta the same arguments I make to people who think college ball is better (since everyone sucking except 5 dudes is great basketyball), and I felt validated for the first time ever.

IT'S FOR FETISHISTS WHO LOVE WHITE STIFFS BOXING OUT BUT FAILING AT EVERYTHING ELSE!

• Like 5

I know it's shocking news about The Black Satan Metallica Stones of Rock and Also Roll. Thankfully our manager had some good foresight and had recently not only insured our lives, but also purchased our burial plot. Yes, that's right, a singular burial plot. Turns out it's a lot less expensive and "better for the environment" to put us all into one big grave than dig several smaller graves. Also, it will be very symbolic of our connection as a band if we share a grave, at least that's what our manager said. They're even going to wait to cover us over until Weiser dies so that he can join us before we technically get "buried" which is quite thoughtful. Of course our bodies haven't been found yet so nothing has been confirmed, but our life insurance policies should more than cover the funeral costs to our manager if they ever are.

• Like 5

Just checking in for the first time in 4 years to say I did listen to this episode and I do still like the show, and all the shows should be like this.

It works for me because you can hear the callers are trying very hard, and one thing that I love about Hollywood Handbook is that famous thing where you can hear all the effort and strain which the hosts put into it

• Like 7

Sean, I'm doing just fine, hon.

Your old friend,

Joe McGurl, "a real OG from the beginning"

• Like 12