Musical Mondays Week 28 Preview (SaraK’s 2nd Pick)

46 replies to this topic

#41 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 02 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

#42 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

If you want to see the live performance of Come Alive that was done during A Christmas Story...

(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."
-- Mary Lane, Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

#43 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostSaraK, on 02 January 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

That was totally me when she grabbed Hugh's hand. I already really like the guy, but how encouraging he was and how genuinely happy he is for her at the end just melted my cold, dead heart.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#44 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 02 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

That was totally me when she grabbed Hugh's hand. I already really like the guy, but how encouraging he was and how genuinely happy he is for her at the end just melted my cold, dead heart.

Yeah, speaking as a former theater geek, that footage is basically a theater geek's Big Dream. Just having everyone so enthusiastic about the material that even people who aren't in the scene are compelled to sing along just by the power of the performance. And then Hugh Jackman holds your hand at the end? Theater Geek Heaven!
"Warning: Detected synaptic seepage. Neural failure within 24 hours... Welcome to Newark."
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

"I love that the demographic for this podcast is, like, college professors." - Rob Huebel

#45 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

I don't know if any of you have ever been PBS Create! watchers but there was a time in my life when my wife and I would watch cooking shows on that channel religiously. One of the cool/stranger ones was hosted by Marja Vongerichten, wife of Jean-Georges, featuring Korean food, recipes, etc.

The reason why I bring it up is that the show was de facto hosted by her neighbor Hugh Jackman (with occasional appearances by Deborra Lee Furness). Heather Graham also makes a lot of appearances.

#46 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostCinco DeNio, on 02 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Is it blasphemy to say it's hard for me to see it's Hugh Jackman even when he stands up at the end? He looks more like Jon Hamm than himself. In another video, where he sings From Now On, he looks more like himself. My eyes play weird tricks sometimes.
(singing)"We are just like Romeo and Juliet. We're happy, young and <hacking cough> hemorrhaging blood."

#47 Cinco DeNio

The Mark of the group

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationDelawhere?

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

View Postjoel_rosenbaum, on 03 January 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

I don't know if any of you have ever been PBS Create! watchers but there was a time in my life when my wife and I would watch cooking shows on that channel religiously. One of the cool/stranger ones was hosted by Marja Vongerichten, wife of Jean-Georges, featuring Korean food, recipes, etc.

The reason why I bring it up is that the show was de facto hosted by her neighbor Hugh Jackman (with occasional appearances by Deborra Lee Furness). Heather Graham also makes a lot of appearances.

Heather Graham (drool)