πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 132 β€” Occupy Thanksgiving

At the intersection of comedy, music, and fashion lies this week's Comedy Bang Bang. Margaret Cho and Grant-Lee Phillips provide the score for the episode in addition to delighting us with tales of the 90s and fun rounds of What Am I Thinking? and Would You Rather?! David Wain is the comedy legend you'd expect him to be, but by the end of the episode you'll be in awe of his keyboard skills. Dov Charney came here to talk about American Apparel and he does. That part is pretty straightforward. But throw it all together and you have a podcast stew to whet your pre-Thanksgiving appetite. Speaking of stew, head over to the Earwolf store and pick upThe Complete Comedy Bang Bang Christmas Collection. All proceeds go to the LA Regional Food Bank.

Loved David Wain. Can't wait for more Childrens Hospital and Wainy Days!

I'm definitely registering at American Apparel for holiday gifts this year. I need some of that Triangle Shirtwaist style in my life. My look will be on fire!

The improved song was great. Can't wait to see the Scott Auckerman American Apparel Condoms made from his hair....

Either Scott dutifully followed through on my facebook suggestion to having dov charney back on, or he planned it all on his goddamned own ...either way I'm going to cum laughter

Hmmmm. Is it just me, or is Scottard into a particular... demographic... of women?

By which I mean comedic actresses.

EDIT: Okay, obviously I should listen to full episodes before commenting. Hahaha.

• Like 1

Everybody was really, really good on this episode! I hope David Wain does make it onto Who Charted? pretty soon... Margaret would also have a lot to add to it. I agree with Sheldon, that improvised song was pretty impressive and had a really good groove. I guess this appearance by Dov was slightly less rapey than his other, so that's a plus.

Hey, that Wave of Mutilation cover at the end was fantastic. Bravo

Margaret Cho's voice sounds different in this podcast than usual. I checked some stand-up clips, a Bonnaroo appearance, and even an "All-American Girl" episode to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

So I looked around on Google and found this article where she discusses having throat/voice problems:
http://kenphillipsgroup.com/Phillips/chods1009.htm

I can only speculate that's why she sounds different, but either way, glad she's doing better.

"I don't want anybody looking like a dad!..if you're a dad out there i want you in fucking prison camp" just like every other episode I fully enjoyed this one hahaha everyone was great!

oh and

my interest are side walks pining and street fairs

• Like 1

agrrrhhh eating into a microphone. was enjoying this and till someone just had to eat food. dammit.

• Like 1

"Wave of Mutilation" is a fantastic, though very likely unintended, response to the people complaining about cutting jokes from last week.

From what I understand Hot Saucerman knew some people in the 90's, particularly Margret Cho.
-
Also, contrary to Chris, I enjoyed what the musical guests brought to this episode. Great show this week! Loved hearing James back on the show.

lmao. what an awesome show! Margaret Cho's voice was sublime. Dov Charney was hilarious. David Wain's wit gave me 8=====D, but only from the 90s. It'll definitely be in the comedy bang bang year end list.

Sign in to follow this