Episode 219 - Matt Ingebretson and Jake Weisman, Our Close Friends

37 replies to this topic

#21 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

I found this old newspaper in the attic today, and after skimming it for a minute I noticed a rather peculiar ad. I've enhanced it so that it doesn't really match with the other tones on the page, but that was just to make it stand out and easier to find. It's not just a lazy editing mistake or something, it's a real newspaper ad.

Posted Image

#22 the ostrich

father figure to domantas sabonis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

bob dylan, more like bot dylan

#23 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

I mean, have you ever seen Bob Dylan and a robot in the same room at the same time? Sure, I've been to plenty of parties where both have appeared, but never together. Something always happens. Bob Dylan will explain that he can't have a drink because drinks have too much liquid in them, then he'll check his phone (which doesn't even look like it's on) and be like "I must accept this request for interaction." He leaves, but then five minutes later... what do you know? A robot comes in! He inevitably goes and picks up a guitar and plays "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" in it's entirety, and then says "Oops, I shouldn't have done that!" and then rolls out of the room. A few minutes later Bob Dylan walks back in and says "Hello fellow gatherers. I just heard that a robot accidentally played one of my songs. That makes me want to react unpleasantly towards it because I hate robots. I'm glad I'll never be a robot nor have I ever been." What happens next? Start at the beginning of this paragraph. It's literally the same, beat by beat over and over again until he says "yawnsound.mp4, I should be getting to sleep mode."

#24 the ostrich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

View Postthe ostrich, on 03 January 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

my car is an amc pacer named el pacero, and it's got a little rubber nub over the rogue screw that has been known to puncture the gas tank and cause the car to explode if rear-ended. so that DEFINITELY won't be a problem. i also threw a pillow in-between the gas tank and the fender as an added measure of safety.

wait, the ford pinto was the one that blew up if it got rear-ended. phew! i can finally sleep with a pillow again.

#25 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

View Postthe ostrich, on 04 January 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

bob dylan, more like bot dylan

This reminds me, I was playing counter strike the other day.

Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with counter strike, If a human player leaves the game, they give you a BOT player.

They give these bots names i.e. BOT Neil or BOT Elmer

NOW the thing is, when I was in this game a few days ago, a human left, and it was replaced by none other than BOT Dylan.

I didn't think much of it until the bot started frantically quoting the song "Maggie's Farm" in chat.
If that's not strange enough for you, there came a round in which I accidental inflicted team damage to mr. BOT Dylan. I apologized of course, and he responded with "Don't think twice, it's alright"

Now was that the real Bob (bot) Dylan?
Whose to say?!

Food for thought.

#26 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

PROOF
Posted Image

#27 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Yep, that definitely sounds like him. The more he keeps denying who he really is the more I just feel embarrassed for him.

#28 Tim Treese #teamtreese

Founder/CEO of Hollywood Hitz Records

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Hey guys, Tim Treese here, just commenting to say to Sean and Hayes that they should definitely listen to Greggy's great thing and tell the engineers to use it. That's right, it's official, I'm officially endorsing it.

Also, please come be a guest on The Official The Orville Podcast.

#29 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

I've thrown my hat into the Orville lottery, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can almost taste those Washingtons now!

#30 Number 1 Cheeba Hawk

small joke pending

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationReseda

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Thanks, dads.
letterboxd.com/hot_dog

#31 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Anyone else catch that shade Scotty ankermann and P.FT. threw at the boyes at the end of the cbb best ofs part 4?

I guess hhb will be the last podcast to ever record in the earwolf main studio.

They didn't seem to think our show is worthy of such an honor.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that that just really got me steamed.

#32 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

I'm sure Scott has heard the Wolf Cool sign off, but has continued to refuse to acknowledge that Sean says "baby" too. Hey Scott and Paul. I've purchased 3 Hollywood Handbook t-shirts and zero comedy bang bang or spontaneous nation t-shirts. Take that!

Jk, I still love you and I'm in love with you. (reference to one of the HH t-shirts I have purchased)

#33 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

Now I feel bad, I'm going to buy a shirt about both of their podcasts now.

#34 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

Update: I ended up buying a "U Talkin' U2 to Me" and a Wolfpop t-shirt because why not, it's $5 and someday I might run into someone who thinks it's funny. I didn't follow through with my original plan. Them's the breaks.

#35 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Another update: I am punk AF and don't give a lick about any forum etiquette rules. I'll post four, heck, even five times in a row if I feel like it

#36 the ostrich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:34 AM

i'm going to stop you right at 4 posts in a row, henry.

#37 Jay Rundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

That was fun, you really took me on a wild ride with that one.

#38 Henry

Hey guys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thank you ostrich. I honestly had no follow up for that, and I apologise to everyone else for keeping you all waiting. I assure you that I still maintain my punk AF credentials. Everything is always more fun with a reasonable level of not giving a heck.