🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 29 Preview (EvRoberts’ 2nd Pick)

Serious question. Should we read the play first and then watch or take the movie as is?

It's probably not worth it, unless you are just wanting to get a complete understanding of how they adapted it.

I worked on a production of LLL many years ago. If I remember correctly, the prince has banished women from his kingdom, but then a princess and her ladies show up and want to hang... there's love letters and identity mix ups... There's a play within a play and at some point the Prince and his bros dress up like Russians in a hilarious ruse to observe the women... which the ladies figure out pretty quickly. The production I worked on was pretty delightful... set in the '20s and everyone looked like silent movie actors.

• Like 6

Aw now I wish SLC Punk was a musical cause I'd love to revisit and discuss that.

Have you seen the sequel? I’ve heard it was terrible...

• Like 2

Why would I sully a good movie with something like that?

• Like 6

I bought this on Vudu last night and watched the trailer. I think I definitely want to go in blind and take the movie as is first. I already own all the plays on my Kindle account so I can read that later.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

I just found out Skyline got a sequel last year. I liked the original and enjoyed the podcast ep. Would like to see them do a follow-up on the sequel.

Beyond Skyline

• Like 2

I just found out Skyline got a sequel last year. I liked the original and enjoyed the podcast ep. Would like to see them do a follow-up on the sequel.

Beyond Skyline

I just saw that the other day, too. I was like “Is that ‘Skyline’ Skyline?”

• Like 2

Beyond Skyline

It was the headlining movie of a small sci-fest fest called Other Worlds Austin last year, and I heard a lot of praise for it. Also, I'm on board with anything that has Frank Grillo, Iko Uwais, and Yayan Ruhian.

• Like 1