🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 - Conan O’Brien: Wild Horses Live at Largo

Recorded live from Largo at the Coronet in Los Angeles, Wild Horses (Lauren Lapkus, Mary Holland, Stephanie Allynne, Erin Whitehead) get cozy with special guest Conan O’Brien and then improvise a scene based off their conversation.

• Like 1

This was great. A more serious and real conversation than I expected.

• Like 3

This was great. A more serious and real conversation than I expected.

Agreed. Conan always comes across as being really thoughtful and seems to have a great perspective on things.

I hope that Lauren just mis-spoke when she said that the show would be back on Stitcher Premium after a hiatus.

• Like 2

Agreed. Conan always comes across as being really thoughtful and seems to have a great perspective on things.

I hope that Lauren just mis-spoke when she said that the show would be back on Stitcher Premium after a hiatus.

I concur. That interview portion went from being very silly/funny to being a serious (but still funny) exploration of some profound truths in a very short span of time.

I was also somewhat taken aback by how instantly sad and crestfallen I felt when Lauren mentioned that after a hiatus With Special Guest will only be returning on Stitcher Premium.

• Like 3

I'm not worried. For one thing, an existing Earwolf show moving to Howl/SP would be unprecedented. Even setting that aside, she could have easily been thinking of a) WSGLL archives still being available on SP even without new episodes on Earwolf, or [the letter b, not the eyes of a cool smiley face]) Wild Horses being available on SP (and eventually "coming back" since they also just ended a "season") since this was a re-purposed WH episode.

• Like 2

I'm not worried. For one thing, an existing Earwolf show moving to Howl/SP would be unprecedented. Even setting that aside, she could have easily been thinking of a) WSGLL archives still being available on SP even without new episodes on Earwolf, or [the letter b, not the eyes of a cool smiley face]) Wild Horses being available on SP (and eventually "coming back" since they also just ended a "season") since this was a re-purposed WH episode.

I really hope you're right.

In any case, this episode was great.

• Like 1

I also became very concerned... But I started thinking that LL was talking about Wild Horses. Once I get a raise at work, I'm subscribing just for Wild Horses. Their dynamic is so perfect and unmatched. So wish I could listen to their shows now.

On Reddit, Colin said:

Lauren has some other Earwolf stuff in the works, including more Raised By TV, plus she's got all those TV shows and movies to make, so we wanted to keep podcasting a fun thing that she looks forward to. Switching With Special Guest... to Stitcher Premium is a way for Lauren to keep making a show we all love without needing to produce 52 episodes a year.

Switching With Special Guest... to Stitcher Premium is a way for Lauren to keep making a show we all love without needing to produce 52 episodes a year.

Not having a self-imposed rule that a show needs to produce 52 episodes a year would be another way.

• Like 1