🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 180 - Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf: LIVE!

Also not a gun guy, but did anyone else think it was weird as fuck that Ben was cleaning his revolver in bed? Like, they’re lying in bed - apparently post-coital - and he’s cleaning his gun like he’s jacking it or something. Is that normal?

It just feels like gun cleaning should be an out-of-bed, before sex kind of chore.

• Like 5

what I can't get into is a whole group in that mid transformation phase participating in a full on orgy.

If you haven't already seen it, I think you should steer clear of Brian Yuzna's Society at all costs.

• Like 3

If you haven't already seen it, I think you should steer clear of Brian Yuzna's Society at all costs.

Ha! Yes, the orgy scene did make me think of the climax of Society.

• Like 2

I wonder if you can just take regular bullets and dip them in silver? Speaking of silver...

One of the respondents in that forum I linked to posited that putting silver powder in a hollow-point bullet would be more effective.

Not a gun guy but lead, which is very soft, is used for buckshot.

Lead's stalwart reputation always belies the fact that lead is pretty soft. I forget.

• Like 3

I guess, from a narrative sense, if this movie wanted to change up the normal Werewolf Weakness formula (i.e. "these are EVOLVED werewolves, we need something special to kill them!"), gold would have been a better choice than titanium. It has similar physical properties to lead (heavy, low melting point, dense, soft), making it more analogous to everyday bullets. It also has a rarefied nature that would make it seem more special, more specific to these boob-revealing beasts. PLUS, all your knives and ammo would look FAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!

• Like 7

I wonder if you can just take regular bullets and dip them in silver? Speaking of silver...

Colloidal silver has been used as a dietary supplement, although there are no major clinical trials supporting its purported benefits and it could cause your skin to turn blue. Let's add that to the daily regimen anyway, right after applying sunscreen containing titanium dioxide.

C0D6QtLUsAAoze8.jpg

Tobias Funke: Werewolf Hunter

• Like 5

I guess, from a narrative sense, if this movie wanted to change up the normal Werewolf Weakness formula (i.e. "these are EVOLVED werewolves, we need something special to kill them!"), gold would have been a better choice than titanium. It has similar physical properties to lead (heavy, low melting point, dense, soft), making it more analogous to everyday bullets. It also has a rarefied nature that would make it seem more special, more specific to these boob-revealing beasts. PLUS, all your knives and ammo would look FAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!

Ooooh, I'll be accessorizing arming myself with rose gold.

• Like 4

I just finished the ep, and it was pretty great. I want "What June Thinks This Movie is About" to be a recurring segment. Also, "I'm not interested in morning knitters" is my new life motto.

I have nothing else to really add because I paid my $4 to rent this on Vudu last night and do not blame anyone for falling asleep during this movie because it's not interesting in the slightest. I ended up revising my resume during the last half.

• Like 7

Ooooh, I'll be accessorizing arming myself with rose gold.

Would a gold leaf knife work? I'm on a budget...

From another of my favorite fantasy authors, Patricia Briggs, on her quest to form silver bullets:

http://hurog.com/articles/silver/silverbullets.shtml

TLDR: It's harder than the Lone Ranger makes it look and you're probably better off filling a hollow point with silver.

• Like 4

It just feels like gun cleaning should be an out-of-bed, before sex kind of chore.

No hanky panky until you clean and oil your weapon, mister.

• Like 3

No hanky panky until you clean and oil your weapon, mister.

Cleaning your gun before sex is a sure-fire way to a disappointing evening. For someone, at least.

tenor.gif?itemid=5530717

Thanks, everyone. You've been great.

• Like 9

Did anyone else get the vibe that - at the very end - the twist was going to be that Jenny had been turned into a werewolf herself? After the Trick or Treater sketches them out, she's the one who suddenly decides that the neighborly thing to do is to bring a bottle of wine over to the scary kid's apartment. Like, even if you think you're just being paranoid, after everything you've been through, why would you even suggest that?

Still, between werewolf warehouses and puppet shows it seems that werewolves enjoy their little games. Maybe she is a werewolf and everything in the final scene is just a ruse. Maybe causing unease in their victims is just the werewolf' s preferred condiment...

• Like 5

Oh yeah. One more thing to add. Watch The Good Place because it's awesome, and Jason is great on it, ya motherforking shirtballs.

tumblr_p2clbcOGXo1s6elnxo1_540.gif

• Like 9

Oh yeah. One more thing to add. Watch The Good Place because it's awesome, and Jason is great on it, ya motherforking shirtballs.

tumblr_p2clbcOGXo1s6elnxo1_540.gif

I highly recommend taking the "Are you a good Janet or a bad Janet" Buzzfeed quiz because you get the option to pick Derek as your soulmate which I did without hesitation.

• Like 9

I highly recommend taking the "Are you a good Janet or a bad Janet" Buzzfeed quiz because you get the option to pick Derek as your soulmate which I did without hesitation.

Haha I saw that earlier, and I randomly chose on literally every other question, but I was definitely Maximum Derek when it came to soulmate (also, I got Bad Janet, ya dinks)

• Like 4

Haha I saw that earlier, and I randomly chose on literally every other question, but I was definitely Maximum Derek when it came to soulmate (also, I got Bad Janet, ya dinks)

I got Good Janet but I hope it's Drunk Good Janet

• Like 5

I got Good Janet but I hope it's Drunk Good Janet

I got Good Janet and the gif was of drunk Janet. I’m on my phone and can’t figure out how to add it.

Also Janet is probably my favorite character on any tv show. She’s the best.

• Like 3

I got Good Janet and the gif was of drunk Janet. I’m on my phone and can’t figure out how to add it.

Also Janet is probably my favorite character on any tv show. She’s the best.

tenor.gif

• Like 4

The main question I still have about the movie is whether or not the punk band are werewolves themselves.

We first seem them playing at that punk warehouse show in LA. Now we know some of the people in attendance, like Mariana, are werewolves because they lead those punks away to eat them. This also means not everybody there was a werewolf either. The only thing we know at this point is the fact the band has a song about werewolves which is either very telling or a supreme coincidence. Next we see them playing in the Transylvanian castle for the giant orgy party that Stirba was having. So this band flew out from LA to Transylvania for this gig. Was this because they were werewolves or were the werewolves in attendance at the first show so taken by this song about "howling" and "werewolves" that they turned to each other and said, "Hey, you know what would really tie this giant Howling werewolf orgy party together, this song!" at which point they hired them and flew them out. They seemingly left the orgy party before things really hit the fan so maybe they were unaware. Then we see the band one last time at the end of the movie seemingly back in LA and nothing is clear one way or the other if they are werewolves or in on it all. All we know for a fact is the have one song that really fits in nicely with everything going around them and they are seemingly LA based.

Does this also mean the band was on the same flight as dum-dum and the reporter? I can't imagine there are that many flights a day in and out of rural Transylvania, so these LA based people traveling at the same time must have run into each other at some point right?

I was confused about the scenes with the punk rock band. I thought that every time they showed them it was the same footage of them from the punk rock warehouse scene in the beginning, which seemed pretty lazy and stupid. Or maybe the sets just had a very similar feel and that's what confused me.

• Like 3

I just wanted say, I just listened to the Valerian Episode and it was great. Even if you can't afford Stitcher Premium, it's definitively worth getting a free trial so you can listen. It was hilarious - especially if you've seen the movie.

• Like 3

I just wanted say, I just listened to the Valerian Episode and it was great. Even if you can't afford Stitcher Premium, it's definitively worth getting a free trial so you can listen. It was hilarious - especially if you've seen the movie.

I'm so mad HBO took it off as fast as they had it on there lol. I really don't want to have to pay money for the movie but also my French friends keep asking if I've seen it yet lol.

• Like 2

I'm so mad HBO took it off as fast as they had it on there lol. I really don't want to have to pay money for the movie but also my French friends keep asking if I've seen it yet lol.

Slum it at Redbox. It's "worth it" for $1.50.

• Like 1

God bless Redbox

Seriously. It's where I go now for movies I don't think I'll like, but still want to see. Next week: Geostorm.

• Like 3