🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 328 - K.Flay and the Sexy Talk Cafe

Musical guest and Grammy nominee K.Flay joins improvisers Eugene Cordero, Paul F. Tompkins, Seth Morris & Matt Besser for this week’s improv4humans! K.Flay performs songs off her latest album “Every Where Is Some Where” that inspire scenes about a cafe where people tell their sex stories, a gargoyle who can’t turn to stone, and a BDSM sub who can’t be pleasured by jerks. Plus, girls’ night gets ruined by a tag-along boyfriend and a narrator gets sent into homes to accompany one of the first TV shows.

(0:40-42:03) Let’s Listen to a Song- “Giver” (12:13-15:52)- A local café whose patrons love to tell stories

about their sex life (15:53-27:45)/ An artist who can no longer sleep is haunted by art critiquing goblins

(29:35-42:03)

(43:07-1:09:10) Let’s Listen to Another Song- “Blood in the Cut” (44:12-47:27)- The story of the only

gargoyle that cannot turn to stone (47:28-1:00:27)/ The intricate workings of BDSM sub who cannot be

pleasured by jerks (1:00:32-1:09:10)

(1:09:12-1:24:17) Let’s Listen to Another Song- “High Enough” (1:10:03-1:13:43)- A codependent couple

ruins the fun at a girl’s night (1:13:46-1:18:44)/ Partygoers will not accept the fact their friend does not

want to drink (1:18:48-1:24:17)

(1:24:21-1:42:26) Let’s Listen to Another Song – “Hollywood Forever” (1:24:38-1:27:43)- An old

television narrator gets sent into viewers homes to accompany one of the earliest television shows.

(1:29:40-1:42:26)

Been listening a long time, heard most episodes at least twice, huge fan -- this is actually top five I4H episode ever material. Relentless. Definitely too hilarious to be listening to in public.

• Like 2

Been listening a long time, heard most episodes at least twice, huge fan -- this is actually top five I4H episode ever material. Relentless. Definitely too hilarious to be listening to in public.

Totally agreed...haven't posted in ages but damn, great lineup and great guest ---- stellar epi!

This latest musical episode made me think about a venture that should be undertaken, if it is not already underway.

As Matt Besser mentioned on the episode, musical artists can have different arrangements of their songs depending on the venue and depending upon what is available at a performance.

One thing a majority of the artists featured on I4h normally do not have at their disposal is the incredible talent of Brett Morris as their sound engineer.

You guys should make something like Brett’s Mix available on itunes. It would include every song performance by every artist who has appeared on the show for a dollar a song.

The majority of the proceeds would go to the musical artist, because it is their art people are buying. A few pennies or dimes should be allocated to Brett for his engineering and making available the isolated music tracks.

These would be like the ultra rare B-sides for true fans of artists. I own all of Murder By Death’s albums, but I also enjoy their live studio performances on I4H and would be more than happy to happy a dollar a track for each song. The same goes for White Buffalo, The Family Crest, Radical Face and many others as well.

This would work in favor of musicians who agreed, because their performance up to that point had been pro bono with the exception of the publicity the podcast provides.

Fans of the show who might normally only buy a track or two would likely wish to buy the versions they heard on the show, and true fans on the musical artists would be excited to add an additional professionally mixed version of some of their favorite songs to their collections.

Brett’s Mix available on iTunes. Think about it.

• Like 2

Thought K Flay (whom as usual I'd never heard of) came off as well as any musical guests, not just the performance, but the openness and looseness of the interview part.

Re: Razlax479, I don't know if anyone who wants that version would be willing to dish out for what is just a cropping out, when it takes little to no effort to cut the tracks yourself, unless you're looking for audio fidelity, I guess.

The only other outcome for the listener would be to improve the standard of guest through the money incentive and potential boost, but it's already quite a rarefied level of guests, plus the exclusivity adds to the fun, like being 'in' on something rare. That said, seeing the quality of content, you got my vote for it.

Sign in to follow this