🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics Vol 6 Battlefield Earth 2/16 9PM EST

Get you e-meters out and blast your thetans because our next movie is Battlefield Earth!

First off, let me apologize. With illnesses and such, I've been a bit off my game. So, normally, we would be scheduling this next Friday (2/2), but given that the first week of February is short, do you guys want to do it the following week (2/16)?

It doesn't matter to me either way. Majority rules. I hope you all can attend!

• Like 2

The 16th is good with me. Unless something comes up, tomorrow night is also good for me.

Oops! I meant we should be doing it the 9th but we can delay until the 16th. See? Off my game ;)

Hope you're back to normal, Cam.

I'm fine with the 9th or 16th. What worries me is that I'm not able to rent it on Amazon. I need Showtime. Does anyone have it?

• Like 2

I don’t. I think I just did a free trial on it recently, too. :(

If no one has Showtime, then we’lol just move to the next one. No biggie.

I HAVE SHOWTIME*!!!

*My mom has showtime and I use her account lol

tenor.gif?itemid=7308812

• Like 4

I think I'm more available the 16th, though right now I don't have any plans either weekend.

This movie I've seen about ten minutes of, and it was a very confusing ten minutes where I started watching it with friends, fell asleep and woke up in an empty room to the last five minutes of it. They had all left to eat pizza and didn't wake me.

• Like 3

I HAVE SHOWTIME*!!!

*My mom has showtime and I use her account lol

YES YES YES! I was really looking forward to Battlefield Earth, no joke.

• Like 3

YES YES YES! I was really looking forward to Battlefield Earth, no joke.

You haven't seen it? You are in for a real treat.

• Like 2

You haven't seen it? You are in for a real treat.

No, I have. I can't wait to hear/read this group's reactions during movie night, lol.

• Like 2

I'm good whenever!

This will actually be the only time I've seen the movie beginning to end. I tried watching it ages ago and just never bothered to finish it.

• Like 1

It sounds like the 16th is best so we'll set it for the :)/>/>

Heyyyyy I might even be able to join because my D&D group (which usually prevents me from partaking) isn't meeting that week

• Like 3

Heyyyyy I might even be able to join because my D&D group (which usually prevents me from partaking) isn't meeting that week

Awesome! I hope all your comments are done in character as a chaotic evil, arakocra bard. :)

• Like 3

Awesome! I hope all your comments are done in character as a chaotic evil, arakocra bard. :)/>

Ummmm I'm a lawful good human monk, thank you :)

• Like 3

Ummmm I'm a lawful good human monk, thank you :)/>

Boring! ;)

• Like 2

Super nerd time!

What edition do you play? I have a friend who is looking to start a 5e campaign but I've haven't played 5e yet.

• Like 3

Super nerd time!

What edition do you play? I have a friend who is looking to start a 5e campaign but I've haven't played 5e yet.

I've been playing 5e since it cane out and like it a lot. It's really streamlined a lot of things so you can play instead of worry about how to do things. So it isn't as daunting to new players. Its also pretty customizable (I play a game called Pugmire which mostly used 5e as its core rules).

The only problem is things seem a bit too balanced at times. A group of mages don't need to worry destroyed at low levels. A group of fighters don't need to worry about healing. It also takes away a bit of the specialization of each class.

• Like 1

I've been playing 5e since it cane out and like it a lot. It's really streamlined a lot of things so you can play instead of worry about how to do things. So it isn't as daunting to new players. Its also pretty customizable (I play a game called Pugmire which mostly used 5e as its core rules).

The only problem is things seem a bit too balanced at times. A group of mages don't need to worry destroyed at low levels. A group of fighters don't need to worry about healing. It also takes away a bit of the specialization of each class.

I grew up playing Advanced then while in university played 3.5 for awhile. I never really cared for 3.5 that much. My friend that is looking to run a campaign is also an old school guy but he's looking to bring in three players that have never played and due to how much is available online is going with 5e.

I was thinking of rolling up a cleric because I think new players want to do more fun things than run around and protect and heal the party, but you're saying that shouldn't be too big of a worry in 5e?

• Like 1

I grew up playing Advanced then while in university played 3.5 for awhile. I never really cared for 3.5 that much. My friend that is looking to run a campaign is also an old school guy but he's looking to bring in three players that have never played and due to how much is available online is going with 5e.

I was thinking of rolling up a cleric because I think new players want to do more fun things than run around and protect and heal the party, but you're saying that shouldn't be too big of a worry in 5e?

I'd still try and have a balanced party. A cleric will have more attack ability than older editions. A fighter will have done protection and healing ability (but weaker). The balance just helps if you get a bunch of people who don't plan a party well. It just softens things a bit.

For example, I've been playing a barbarian for a while. So, I should be the strongest attacker. I can be if I roll well but a friend's character is a kind of fighter who often does just as much damage as me due to weird rules giving him multiple attacks.

• Like 1

I learned on 3.5 and then moved over to Pathfinder. I started with a group running 5e back in like September or October and I'm really enjoying it, at least at the lower levels. But it is pretty balanced, we ran a session with a couple of wizards, a necromancer, and one other non=fighter and did okay. I'm running a Elf Bladesinger, so I kind of fell into the fighter/tank role role.

Also the 16th or the 9th should work for me.

• Like 1

Super nerd time!

We actually roll Pathfinder, but I usually say D&D because most people don't know wtf Pathfinder is unless they're also RPG nerds. I should have known this group would :P

• Like 3