🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 133 — Fortunately Unfortunately

Patton Oswalt is back in the Comedy Bang Bang hot seat! Fortunately, he has a new movie coming out and he's ready to give us all sorts of exclusive information. Unfortunately, we still have our open door policy and a gentleman named Leslie Schecter finds his way into the studio. Fortunately, Patton was still game for Would You Rather? and Fortunately Unfortunately despite this rude interruption. Unfortunately, Leslie hangs around for the rest of the episode. Fortunately, you can forget all about his rudeness and relive your favorite Comedy Bang Bang moments by heading to the Earwolf blog and voting for the CBB Best of 2011.

Oh, the return of 'Fortunately, Unfortunately', interesting. I felt I should express that before I listened to the episode, so, enjoy that.

I dunno... most of the catchphrases have been awesome, but unless there's some improbably complicated, multiple-year-spanning backstory I'm missing this one seemed like just an everyday greeting.

So, does this mean that everyone should just request "What's up hot dog?" from now on? Is that all it took this whole time?! SO MANY WASTED PUNS!

I'm gonna start thinking about my top 10 episodes from this year. It's gonna be tough! (I'll only have to think of 7 if Bumbershoot episodes are eligible)

I couldn't help thinking how much Leslie's voice sounds like Larry Miller. Anyone else think that while listening?

• Like 1

That was great, and now I'm looking forward to seeing someone complain about how some unfunny sleazy guy completely ruined the chance to have a serious interview with Patton.

Chris Tallman is so great in all of his Superego characters (general Zod w/ Patton as it happens is one of the best), sooooo good on this CBB

Aaaaaa I don't like these surreal mind-control ones.

@David Thomas This is Earwolf- of course there is an improbably complicated, multiple-year-spanning backstory on "What's up hotdog".

I too thought he sounded a lot like Larry Miller. Anybody know when the poll will be up for favorite moments?

Well Tom I'll just have to take your word for that - I seem to have misplaced my Time Belt. Meanwhile I'm glad we finally solved The Mystery of the Lost Contest Winner.

Alex: If only they sold hot dogs in packs of twelve there wouldn't have to be so many wasted hot dog... PUNS...
EDIT: SWISH!

You guys are forgetting the best Wilford Brimley. Ewok Moses Wilford Brimley from "The Battle for Endor." He freed the Ewoks, he did some heavy fighting with a bo-staff, and he adopted an orphan child. BEST BRIMLEY EVER.

LOVED this one, though there was some awkwardness when someone opened the door in walked into my office right as patton said "how do i get my dick in my mouth?".

i don't know why, but i always get a kick out of characters that don't understand how to play games. fortunately/unfortunately is great for this.

Probably the best Fortunately, Unfortunately ever. Also a great episode!

Chris Tallman was great. I'd love to hear him on Improv4Humans.

Crossballs!

Sign in to follow this