🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182 - Rock Star: LIVE!

Here's Jason Bonham, from the VH1 reality show "Supergroup"

And Stephan Jenkins:

I'm a huge Third Eye Blind fan, in fact I saw them in concert only a few months ago. "Semi-Charmed Life" aside, their first album is really great and people probably know more songs off of it than they think. It took me until my 2nd viewing of this movie to realize it was Stephan Jenkins. He looks so tall compared to Marky Mark! Anyhow, here's the first track off that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP72VIL2IRI

• Like 1

I'm a huge Third Eye Blind fan, in fact I saw them in concert only a few months ago. "Semi-Charmed Life" aside, their first album is really great and people probably know more songs off of it than they think. It took me until my 2nd viewing of this movie to realize it was Stephan Jenkins. He looks so tall compared to Marky Mark! Anyhow, here's the first track off that album.

I just looked, and I learned that it's not Third Eye Blind who did "Closing Time"

And, I can't be the only one who think's Semisonic's singer looks like the Angry Video Game Nerd.

• Like 1

Third Eye Blind was the first concert I bought a ticket for with my own money. Opening for them on that tour? SmashMouth!

The late-90s were quite a time.

• Like 2

I'm a huge Third Eye Blind fan, in fact I saw them in concert only a few months ago. "Semi-Charmed Life" aside, their first album is really great and people probably know more songs off of it than they think.

That first TEB album was really loaded with hits. The music videos are also an interesting time capsule of 1990s San Francisco (a grungier city and not the wealthy tech paradise it is now).

And bonus, MORE ZAKK WYLDE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJRf0pUfOo

I'm pretty agnostic on Zakk Wylde, mostly because I find Black Label Society pretty boring (he's an amazing guitarist, but I am just not a fan of that band). This song, however, is still incredibly badass. It came out right at the time I was taking over programming duties for hard rock/heavy metal at my college radio station, so I will always remember giving it plenty of airplay during that time.

Okay, I know I'm getting to this way late, but I just listened to the episode and watched the movie on HBO.

I would have loved the gang to explain what was up with that Batmobile scene. What was the point of that?