25 - Chronic Town

25 replies to this topic

#21 FUCK!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

I'd love to hear these Scotts talk about a good band.

#22 JLivermore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Locationchicago

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

This is beyond excellent. It has been a shit ass week and seeing this start to download was a very pleasant surprise.

I really enjoyed the stories of growing up and how you heard things at the time - 10 in 1980 and getting FM, amazing. I was 4 in 1979 and can remember "My Sharona" on AM radio -- mom leaving the blue 76 station wagon in the driveway the extra minutes to hear the whole song.

Adam pronouncing "Pass the Dutchie" as "doochie" was also amazing.

#23 Peter Destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBat Cave, NM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

View Poststoner witch, on 21 February 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Oh my god FINALLY I never thought I'd live to see the day where I got to learn the names of the members of REM!!

I believe you mean "Hariem".

#24 Smorgyporg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Id like to thank... Scott.. id like to thank the other Scott.. and id like to thank Earwolf

hot content!

#25 A New Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationEugene, ORLY

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

We truly live in blessed times. It's a joy to have this podcast in my life. Can't wait for me.

Also loving that because I know very little about R.E.M., I got to the end of this episode legitimately not actually knowing the band member names.

#26 Drew Morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

I am listening to this Ep right now, and wondering why in the Holy H*ll they began with “Radio Free Europe” instead of “Wolves, Lower”. I had to turn the show off to catch my breath until my anger subsides