🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182.5 - Minisode 182.5

I am horrified that this movie was intended for children.

And I've seen that Garbage Pail Kids movie.

There's no way this is true, right? I have to imagine this was a case of "an adult movie starring kids" kinda like a Stand By Me or Blue Lagoon or something. There's no way, even in the 80s, that someone saw Rodney Dangerfield's humor as kid-friendly. Right?

By the way, don't ever Google "adult film starring kids" ... Hi, NSA!

I think it's safe to say this is a prequel to Natural Born Killers in that Rodney lost his promotion and family, then got back with his first wife and their two kids. There are so many moments in what I've seen so far where he looks at his stepson or other kids the same way he looked at Juliette Lewis it's uncanny and disconcerting.

• Like 1

There's no way this is true, right? I have to imagine this was a case of "an adult movie starring kids" kinda like a Stand By Me or Blue Lagoon or something. There's no way, even in the 80s, that someone saw Rodney Dangerfield's humor as kid-friendly. Right?

By the way, don't ever Google "adult film starring kids" ... Hi, NSA!

Hmm, it is rated PG-13, so maybe not for young kids. But it does seem likely they expected pre-teens to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Boyfriend and I watched Ladybugs this weekend and it was excruciating to sit through... I can't stand Rodney Dangerfield in movies because even though it's a film his dialogue still sounds like he's doing stand up... No one in real life talks in pauses, and then a punchline.

Also, the last person on earth I want to hear sexual innuendo from is Dangerfield. I somehow managed to not gag throughout the movie.

• Like 3

Boyfriend and I watched Ladybugs this weekend and it was excruciating to sit through... I can't stand Rodney Dangerfield in movies because even though it's a film his dialogue still sounds like he's doing stand up... No one in real life talks in pauses, and then a punchline.

Also, the last person on earth I want to hear sexual innuendo from is Dangerfield. I somehow managed to not gag throughout the movie.

Yeah, although I do think his schtick works perfect in Caddyshack, he is no John Candy (no subtlety to carry the whole thing), and the just horrendous innuendo bottom-barrel Rodney in this movie....damn.

But, seeing the lineup, I'm a titter to hear all the reactions and on-set stories...worth the cringing through ...

Keyyyy-ahhhhhh....