🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182.5 - Minisode 182.5

Babies listening to podcasts, a vasectomy update, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Rock Star, recommends some great stuff for you to check out in Paul’s Pick of the Week, and the Movie Bitches review The Greatest Showman. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist in theaters now.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

Congrats on the win grudlian!

Thanks. I don't think I deserve it. Paul read my comments making me sound much more sure of my informant than I am. I'll take it though.

But I have at least seen (a replica of) the batmobile in person. So, maybe?

• Like 3

Paul, it definitely could have been a roofie pill lol. I am also not well versed in 80s drug culture (outside of everyone doing coke right?) but that totally looked like something I've seen in a million other movies where they take ecstasy so it could have also just been a 2001 slip up where they weren't quite aware that that drug hadn't been around back then.

• Like 3

Also, hey another movie bitches review I agree with! Even though I still haven't actually seen The Greatest Showman but everything they said is exactly why I don't want to see it *grimacing emoji goes here*

• Like 2

Want to be a total dirtbag like Mark Wahlberg? Well, you too can own a 1966 Batmobile!*

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/batmobile/unspecified/2019029.html

*Note: The status of Mark Wahlberg as a Dirtbag Garbage Homunculus is in no way a reflection on the wonders of the 1966 Batman TV show, Adam West, anyone involved in the TV show's production, or even Batman the character.

• Like 2

Also, hey another movie bitches review I agree with! Even though I still haven't actually seen The Greatest Showman but everything they said is exactly why I don't want to see it *grimacing emoji goes here*

I actually went and saw it last night! I agree that if you going in knowing PT is a garbage human, then its a little weird when he starts getting super selfish and causing problems. Like "oh HERE'S where they reveal he's awful"(spoiler alert, they don't do that). But if you pretend its about a rando starting a circus, its actually pretty fun. The music is good and I loved the choreography of the big numbers. I wouldn't recommend it unless I knew the person liked musicals, but still fun to see.

• Like 2

I actually went and saw it last night! I agree that if you going in knowing PT is a garbage human, then its a little weird when he starts getting super selfish and causing problems. Like "oh HERE'S where they reveal he's awful"(spoiler alert, they don't do that). But if you pretend its about a rando starting a circus, its actually pretty fun. The music is good and I loved the choreography of the big numbers. I wouldn't recommend it unless I knew the person liked musicals, but still fun to see.

I think I'm just gonna wait to see it till it's available streaming cause I already have to be very conscious about which movies I go see in theaters because of $$$ so paying that $$$ to see a movie about a dude I fucking HATE is not high on my list of things to do.

I had this girl online try and convince me that I must go see it in theaters and it's "oddly progressive" and I was like okay the movie itself can be but then entire time I'm gonna be thinking about how the real PT was a racist animal abuser who used these people for his monetary gain sooooo.... And then she proceeded to tell me that she in fact refused to go see The Shape of Water because she felt like the fact that Sally and the fish man end up together was problematic because it told the audiences she was too ugly for humans ?????????

• Like 5

I had this girl online try and convince me that I must go see it in theaters and it's "oddly progressive"

It's not. Not even a little bit. I'd say it's not actively regressive but, in a sense, it kind of is considering they are trying to make an objectively not progressive person even for his time seem progressive.

• Like 4

I think I'm just gonna wait to see it till it's available streaming cause I already have to be very conscious about which movies I go see in theaters because of $$$ so paying that $$$ to see a movie about a dude I fucking HATE is not high on my list of things to do.

I had this girl online try and convince me that I must go see it in theaters and it's "oddly progressive" and I was like okay the movie itself can be but then entire time I'm gonna be thinking about how the real PT was a racist animal abuser who used these people for his monetary gain sooooo.... And then she proceeded to tell me that she in fact refused to go see The Shape of Water because she felt like the fact that Sally and the fish man end up together was problematic because it told the audiences she was too ugly for humans ?????????

I'm not sure you should trust that girl's opinion.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you should trust that girl's opinion.

I don't even know her and I was like no I don't think I want to know you now

• Like 2

I don't even know her and I was like no I don't think I want to know you now

I liked the movie just fine.

It's annoying for the movie to kind of throw out that maybe Barnum was progressive (accidentally) when we know he wasn't. You can sanitize his life for a musical. That's fine I guess. Don't make one of the main the messages of the movie "hey hes actually progressive if u think about it!!!!!"

• Like 1

And then she proceeded to tell me that she in fact refused to go see The Shape of Water because she felt like the fact that Sally and the fish man end up together was problematic because it told the audiences she was too ugly for humans ?????????

LOL!

• Like 2

I know people who have said that Greatest Showman is worth seeing for the music, even though its depiction of Barnum is bullshit.

I will also probably wait for home video.

Just because nobody has posted the name yet, the movie is Ladybugs starring Rodney Dangerfield. This movie is both terrible and super watchable, nice pick.

You can straight up just watch the whole thing on YouTube too

• Like 1

Listening to that Ladybugs trailer all I could think was...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

awww yiss!

I watched Ladybugs religiously when I was like 8, haha. Vinessa Shaw was prob my first crush, lol.

Rewatching this is gonna be great b/c I'll pick up all the stuff I didn't realize back in the day.

Thanks. I don't think I deserve it. Paul read my comments making me sound much more sure of my informant than I am. I'll take it though.

But I have at least seen (a replica of) the batmobile in person. So, maybe?

I have too!

zARWyZ4.jpg

aaX5imb.jpg

• Like 2

I was worried this Ladybugs movie would just be uncomfortable sexual innuendos, but turns out there's racism too!

• Like 2

I was worried this Ladybugs movie would just be uncomfortable sexual innuendos, but turns out there's racism too!

I am horrified that this movie was intended for children.

And I've seen that Garbage Pail Kids movie.

• Like 4

just a heads up if you haven't seen it yet. another "important announcement" from the powers that be ... all earwolf shows older than 6 months are going behind the wall starting March 31st ... can't say they didn't warn us this time ... so if you want to (re)listen to episodes, or download them for later, you know what to do. not sure what's going to happen with HDTGM and their re-releasing of old eps every 6 months though ... I'd imagine that will continue ... or at least I'd hope it would. paul will probably tell us this in the next mini anyway

• Like 1

just a heads up if you haven't seen it yet. another "important announcement" from the powers that be ... all earwolf shows older than 6 months are going behind the wall starting March 31st ... can't say they didn't warn us this time ... so if you want to (re)listen to episodes, or download them for later, you know what to do. not sure what's going to happen with HDTGM and their re-releasing of old eps every 6 months though ... I'd imagine that will continue ... or at least I'd hope it would. paul will probably tell us this in the next mini anyway

I hope How Did This Get Made is able to keep its current status with rotating older episodes and tge Howdies still being available but, I doubt that will be the case this time.

I've said it before, but dor those people on the fence, I really do feel like Stitcher is worth it. There's more fantastic content available there than you can ever realistically consume for about the price of one Grande Caramel Machiato a month. I know some people complain about the it being a bad app, but I've honestly never experienced any issues. Plus, I get to support my favorite podcast network!

• Like 4

Before we get into this movie later this week, I want to preface it with RIP Jonathan Brandis (1977-2003). I had a hardcore crush on him when I was a young teen and was a devoted SeaQuest DSV viewer because of it.

He has kind of a sad story.

BFHltYu.gif

Anyways - I hope everyone enjoys this shitty movie.

• Like 6