🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 183.5 - Minisode 183.5

We will heal a broken heart, talk about arm acting, and of course a review Captain America II on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Ladybugs, gives an amazing rec during Paul’s Pick of the Week, opens up the Mail Bag, and the Movie Bitches review I, Tonya. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist in theaters now.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I hope Jessica St Clair is the guest, she needs to be the resident dystopian movie guest.

• Like 4

OH MY GOD YES ONE OF MY MAIN MOVIE REQUESTS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you *raised hands emoji*

• Like 5

Also I've got a Spotify playlist going that I'm still adding songs to (I tweeted this out to Paul as well as the HDTGM twitter), which everyone can listen to here --> https://open.spotify...HNKLwidaBO5yIZV

Unfortunately, The Apple soundtrack can't seem to be found on Spotify which to me is SO SAD!

Oh and if anyone does have a request of a song (that's on Spotify) that they want to add to the list pls don't hold back!

OH MY GOD YES ONE OF MY MAIN MOVIE REQUESTS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you *raised hands emoji*

I haven't seen this since I was maybe 15. even then it seemed kind of silly (but still kind of awesome).

• Like 1

Russell Crowe is selling off a shed load of movie related items in his "The Art of Divorce" sale.

He is selling the purple suit from Virtuosity. It's a steal at around 2 grand!

https://www.sothebys...u/list/AU0822/5

whip-round?

edit: where did he put all this stuff? it's amazing?

I just went through every item and good god rich people give me a headache. I want some of those art pieces tho negl.

• Like 4

Oh God, Johnny Mnemonic.I saw this when I was 14 and eagerly devouring anything with lots of action and special effects. Damn thing put me to sleep. Unbelievably boring.

So of course, perfect material for HDTGM.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Johnny Mnemonic ... haven't seen it since high school.

So, Paul posited that maybe the old lady was just shocked by all the porcelain in the men's room. Could you imagine how debilitating a porcelain phobia has to be? You basically wouldn't be able to even look in any public restroom, ever. Not to mention how cold stainless steel toilet seats have to be at 4 am.

Also, it wasn't until Cam Bert's non-award-winning comment that I realized: anyone who keeps their biceps stationary while gesticulating with their forearms is instantly doing a Dangerfield impression. Add a couple of "I tell ya's" and it's downright uncanny.

• Like 3

I just went through every item and good god rich people give me a headache. I want some of those art pieces tho negl.

i had to look up why he was selling all this .... found this quote:

"Divorce has its way of making you really examine the things that are essential in life — and the things that are not," Crowe said in a statement through Sotheby's Australia. "Through the process I had a look around and realised I had a lot of stuff. Career stuff, stuff I've collected, and stuff in general. Boxes and boxes of stuff ... so in the spirit of moving forward into fresh air, here's a portion of that collection of stuff."

"a portion"!!!! there's more????

in boxes???

and he's putting it all on sale on his birthday ... which is also their wedding anniversary ... that's actually kinda funny

• Like 2

"a portion"!!!! there's more????

in boxes???

and he's putting it all on sale on his birthday ... which is also their wedding anniversary ... that's actually kinda funny

I'm nowhere near Crowe's financial status, but I too have a diverse art collection that's fairly big, granted it's not stuff bought from Sothebys, it's not hard to start building a collection once you've found a financially feasible place to get it. I just moved some of it and was actually surprised to see some of the stuff that I forgot that I had. But I have a feeling that Crowe made a very pretty penny during his peak when he was getting nominated for everything during the years of Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, and others. Let's also not forget his band that I'm sure was releasing hit record after hit record. I also think he's still putting out new episodes of his hit TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EAUDcZrN8

Hey there! If you heard our 90 second review of Captain America II: Death Too Soon on the minisode please check out our podcast!

We're The SuperPodHeroCast - guys with beers talking about movies with capes! We're dissecting every superhero movie from Batman (1966) to the latest blockbuster! Along the way we drink some beers, crack some jokes, and flex our geek muscles. Be heroic!

The SuperPodHeroCast

• Like 2

I hope they play the conversation between Keanu and Henry Rollins when Rollins is explaining what data is in Keanu's head in the lab. It's some of the worst acting I've ever heard and I love them both

• Like 1

Okay but like... who has finished Jessica Jones?

Finishing the last episode. It's an okay season, but compared to the first season it's not even in the same ballpark.

I actually started to despise many of the characters at various points in the season including Trish and the super. I felt that having Jessica's presumed dead mom as the main villain was a bad trope that has appeared in some manner in a few Marvel outings already like Luke Cage, and now with Daredevil's mom returning for season 3. Also, while Janet McTeer is a great dramatic actress, I couldn't take her seriously when she got angry faced and tried to run with a purpose at people, it's almost as if Daniel Day-Lewis tried to star in a Fast & Furious movie.

Also, Jeri Hogarth continues her streak of making the worst possible choices in order to benefit herself. Last season it was everything having to do with her divorce and this season I thought she would be the one to go to IGH to get her ALS cured but was surprised by how that plot thread ended. At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if next season she joins Hydra in order to get a discount on a condo. My only other issue was there was no real way to tell where this was set in the Marvel timeline. You could make an argument that it happens either before or after Defenders, which makes the relationship Jessica has with Luke Cage as well as Oscar just come off as muddled.

Other than that I thought it was good, Malcolm's arc over the course of the season was definitely the most developed, and I also thought the flashback episode was the best episode of the season with how much backstory it gave.

Malcolm was easily the star of this season.

I cant believe how terribly they botched Trish's arc throughout this season. It started to make me angry every time she showed up on screen because I knew some inexplicable and terrible decision was soon to follow.

Pryce Cheng was also incredibly frustrating in how useless he was to this season. To the point where they couldnt even justify what the fuck to do with him after he attempts to assassinate Jessica and her mother. So they just let him go.

Jeri's storyline disappointed me as well. But nowhere near to the extent of Trish's. I could at least believe Jeri making some bad or questionable decisions in the face of a debilitating diagnosis and illness.

But the ending of the season finale made me so angry. Really Trish you're shocked that Jessica (who very clearly cared for her mother despite the awful things she'd done) wasnt stoked that you executed her mother in front of her? And now were supposed to be excited that her characters going to have powers next season? Maybe if they hadnt spent every episode making her progressively more infuriating to watch.

Malcolm was easily the star of this season.

I cant believe how terribly they botched Trish's arc throughout this season. It started to make me angry every time she showed up on screen because I knew some inexplicable and terrible decision was soon to follow.

Pryce Cheng was also incredibly frustrating in how useless he was to this season. To the point where they couldnt even justify what the fuck to do with him after he attempts to assassinate Jessica and her mother. So they just let him go.

Jeri's storyline disappointed me as well. But nowhere near to the extent of Trish's. I could at least believe Jeri making some bad or questionable decisions in the face of a debilitating diagnosis and illness.

But the ending of the season finale made me so angry. Really Trish you're shocked that Jessica (who very clearly cared for her mother despite the awful things she'd done) wasnt stoked that you executed her mother in front of her? And now were supposed to be excited that her characters going to have powers next season? Maybe if they hadnt spent every episode making her progressively more infuriating to watch.

Yeah

I was wondering why Cheng was even waiting across from Jessica's apartment ready to Oswald her, was he literally trying to kill the competition or was he hoping who he didn't know was her mom was going to return to the scene of the crime? I get the reason that Trish did some things as they were trying to play up the idea that she was a relapsed addict, but there is ZERO reason for her to have taken the inhaler without a second's thought for a situation that Jessica that had well under control. Then the fact that she continues to harp on Jessica for being a coward or or weak literally a scene after Jessica fought her mom to protect Trish who was in a coma because she wanted to be special and attack tattooed guys on buses. As far as her powers I would love it if they were just that she could catch her phone no matter how it fell, making her the worst superhero next to Bailey Hoskins aka the Human Firecracker aka the worst X-Man ever.

I get that they were going for a recurring theme with various stages of addiction being portrayed by several characters. It was just so ham fisted in terms of its implementation into the story.

I did really like the character of Karl Malus. It would have been really easy to have him be some cartoonishly evil scientist. Instead he comes across as reasonable and passionate in his desire to help people even if his methods are questionable to say the least. Which made his death scene all the more infuriating

I get that they were going for a recurring theme with various stages of addiction being portrayed by several characters. It was just so ham fisted in terms of its implementation into the story.

I did really like the character of Karl Malus. It would have been really easy to have him be some cartoonishly evil scientist. Instead he comes across as reasonable and passionate in his desire to help people even if his methods are questionable to say the least. Which made his death scene all the more infuriating

That was the other thing about this season now that you reminded me of Karl, the wigs for this season were INSANE. Every time I saw his ponytail wig I burst out laughing.