🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 35 Preview (SlidePocket's 1st Pick)

Well guys I thought long and hard on what musical film I decided to make for my first pick on this forum. So after much deliberation, I went with the most recent movie I watched in that genre last fall. Without further ado, we'll be talking about:

evita-poster-e1304852314444.jpg

• Like 9

Cool pick, Slide! I’ve never seen it and I am looking forward to it!

• Like 3

I saw it when it came out but don't remember much. I do remember the song specially written for it called (I think) You Must Love Me.

• Like 3

Another Alan Parker film. Guess this means I HAVE to pick The Commitments when it's my turn. ;)

• Like 4

That's right, we're talking about one of the only few good Madonna films, and she didn't have to speak any dialogue whatsoever!

• Like 3

Oh I love this movie!!! Hopefully I can find it streaming and get back into the swing of things!

• Like 4

That's right, we're talking about one of the only few good Madonna films, and she didn't have to speak any dialogue whatsoever!

As long as we're including Who's That Girl as a good Madonna movie, I'm fine with this.

• Like 4

As long as we're including Who's That Girl as a good Madonna movie, I'm fine with this.

What about A League of her Own? Too small of a part?

• Like 7

What about A League of her Own? Too small of a part?

I just assumed we would all include that one naturally because it's objectively great.

• Like 6

Oh I love this movie!!! Hopefully I can find it streaming and get back into the swing of things!

Amazon U.S. has it for rent or purchase. So does YouTube/Google Play. I haven't checked iTunes.

Serious question. I've never seen Desperately Seeking Susan. Is it any good? I've heard Madonna was very good in that.

Serious question. I've never seen Desperately Seeking Susan. Is it any good? I've heard Madonna was very good in that.

I remember seeing parts of it several times as a kid and liking it because it felt like a very adult movie. I watched it as an adult and thought it was ok.

• Like 1

I'm about halfway this movie, and I can't wait to talk about Antonio Banderas.

• Like 3

My favorite Madonna film. It opens with a Betty Boop style cartoon and has an amazing long running gag with a rolls Royce. C’est magnifique!

• Like 2

I'm about halfway this movie, and I can't wait to talk about Antonio Banderas.

I haven't watched this movie, but I feel this way at all times.

giphy.gif

• Like 2