🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 231 - Ego Nwodim, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes welcome EGO NWODIM from comedy into the studio to update a certain important list they all have.

• Like 6

hey everybody, remember when this forum was king and the top commenters walked around like gods among men? now look at me, I'm #1 today, and I sit on a throne of dust. I love Reddit just as much as the next boy or girl, but I'll always come here first

• Like 11

I sometimes enjoy a quiet thread. To many "busy places" in this earth.

• Like 7

Great description Saulton. You’re really getting the hang of this.

Sorry Chris, was busy making hits on my jokes machine all night. And I for one resent the implication that I was diddling some young minds on reckit.

I’ll get back to this the topic at hand (((this episode ((which I’m sure is awesome (and funny))) when I get off this rocket ship to the top of the male fashion vaudeville circuit.

• Like 7

I remember a lot of things...

stares into the distance wearing a stoic and undefeated look on his face

• Like 7

Hi guys, I'm gonna keep shamelessly self-promoting on the HH forum because HH has got the best fans in the world!! (cheap way to get applause but it always works)

Anyway, I did a remake of The Nutty Professor dinner scene (with some small changes). Check it out if you want.

http://youtu.be/FZgCHxCcUsU

• Like 5

I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve slept on HH all these years. My life is all consumed with binge listening from the beginning now.

Consistently seeing 150+ comment threads under each episode and checking the current episode and being able to post on the first page is very scary to me. This place haunted now?

• Like 9

I hope the boys talk about animal brains with the guest every week. this is the shit I can get into

• Like 7

I know most of the people on here have to go to drama school. So I transcribed some really emotional shit that Sean said. Feel free to use it as a monologue.

This town owes me everything. Straight up. I gave it my whole fucking life. I left my family behind, I left everything. I had a job. I came out here and said "Take me. Anything. I'll do anything. Literally." I was on castit dot biz, I was on fuckin' actor's access. Union, non-union, I don't give a shit. I did background. I gave my whole fuckin life to this town. Because I just wanted to be heard. To be understood. To be seen. I wanted to do something special that I could be remembered for. No vanity in my performance whatsoever. I don't give a shit what I fuckin look like. You know what I care about? Art. touching people's soul and giving my whole life to this town. And it comes from a place of truth. Everything I do is from truth. And maybe just making someone for one second, one person, feel a little less alone. I'm sorry, people hate this podcast. But if one little girl hears this podcast, that's enough for me. Even if she doesn't like it.

If someone else wants to transcribe Ego's or Hayes's bits you could do a "scene".

• Like 7

Unfortunate Serious Post

Bullying Cody is getting really tiring. Sean and Hayes are talented guys and could just interact with each other/the guest rather than recycling a bit so clearly detrimental to someone they seem to care about's well-being, Compared to the lightness with which they poke fun at the other engineers and Kevin, the things they say to Cody are sometimes just vicious insults with no trace of irony or awareness of their hurtfulness. I'm guessing they were right in the episode speculating why Cody went from engineering their show frequently to not engineering it at all until recently.

I was relieved when Cody left what was obviously a toxic work environment (Scott never seemed to treat him well either). Kinda disappointed he's back and they kept this shit up. I love this show and enjoy Sean and Haye's writing, but as their profiles outside of Earwolf have gotten bigger they seem to have become a lot like the deserving Hollywood elitists they used to mock. Bummed out.

• Like 3

Unfortunate Serious Post

Bullying Cody is getting really tiring. Sean and Hayes are talented guys and could just interact with each other/the guest rather than recycling a bit so clearly detrimental to someone they seem to care about's well-being, Compared to the lightness with which they poke fun at the other engineers and Kevin, the things they say to Cody are sometimes just vicious insults with no trace of irony or awareness of their hurtfulness. I'm guessing they were right in the episode speculating why Cody went from engineering their show frequently to not engineering it at all until recently.

I was relieved when Cody left what was obviously a toxic work environment (Scott never seemed to treat him well either). Kinda disappointed he's back and they kept this shit up. I love this show and enjoy Sean and Haye's writing, but as their profiles outside of Earwolf have gotten bigger they seem to have become a lot like the deserving Hollywood elitists they used to mock. Bummed out.

:(

• Like 5

I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve slept on HH all these years. My life is all consumed with binge listening from the beginning now.

Consistently seeing 150+ comment threads under each episode and checking the current episode and being able to post on the first page is very scary to me. This place haunted now?

Great first post!

• Like 8

just wanted to log in this week to your webstie hayes and sean and say that the two of you you did a great job on the show this week, and so did your friend ego. feel free to email me if you want to talk, lets take it off-forum

• Like 11

I feel the same as Greggy but tell me on the forums you cowards. I'm pissed off and ready to fucking throw down. You want to come after me and my heavyweight belt? Forget about it.

• Like 11

I'm available on-forum, off-forum, and even at the LA Forum, if that's where you want to hash this shit out. Either way guys, you've my number, feel free to make my hotline bling anytime. Seeya,

your friend Casey aka just add pepper

• Like 8

ill talk to you guys on the forum if you want but i simply will not respond to hayes and sean on here. email only.

• Like 11

I love Reddit just as much as the next boy or girl

sorry pal but speak for yourself. how can i love reddit, i don't even own a books

• Like 6

it is nice and quiet in here, isn't it Robotam. I sometimes come to this forum to pencil my crosswords in and have a cup of Earl Grey Monster Energy Tea

• Like 5

Aye, but it's gotten a bit busier in the last day or so. Might pop over to the pro version thread.

See yous later

• Like 3

ladies and, ah, germs, heh heh heh, i would like to welcome you all to page 2

• Like 6

I can’t help but feel somewhat responsible for this.

I haven’t listened to this episode yet, I’m still in summer 2016, no spoilers plz.

• Like 7

Excerpt from music producer Tom Wilson's autobiography:

"One of the albums I produced was "Th* T*m*s Th*y *r* *-Ch*ng*n'" by B*b Dyl*n (legal threats were given if some specific information wasn't censored). He came to me with a song he called "Boots of Shiny Metal". I asked him what it was about and he pointed down to his feet. "Please direct your ocular organs in this direction. I greatly approve of my creator's choice of mobility." he said. I read the lyrics and changed a few words around and suggested that these new lyrics would be more relatable to his audience. A dull glow flickered rapidly from behind his eyes, and a slight buzz came from his chest. "I find this agreeable. I will now adjust the programming for this musical sequence and enable it to accept this data." We went into the studio and B*b nailed it in one take!

• Like 4

yessssss i was wondering if the saga would continue. i can help out with the "bot" dylan research if you'd like, henry, but i understand if you want all the credit for your game-changing discoveries

• Like 3

Oh, by all means. I'm only sharing evidence as I find it, and any and all are welcome to share their own findings as well. He's gotten away with his fraudulent persona for too long, and it's time the people know the truth.

• Like 3