đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
RyanRMC

Babes in Toyland (1986)

I was just introduced to this holiday classic by my girlfriend, who used to watch this as a snot nosed little brat in the back of the van while her poor parents drove her to her grandparents. And watch it. And watch it. And watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090683/

This must be what made Drew Barrymore a household name. Her performance is breathtaking.

I know this is a made for TV movie, but wanted some feedback. I haven't seen it, but it looks like it has HDTGM potential. Pat Morita, Drew Barrymore, Keanu Reeves. Is this something worth watching?

Babes in Toyland, the 1986 remake starring Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves. Absolute madness.

• Like 1

I can already imagine Jason yelling "BOWLING BALL HOUSE!!!"

• Like 2

This one was a recurring part of my childhood. I found the monsters horrifying. Now, they are laughably ineffectual, as monsters go.

Alright, I'm bumping this one because I'm listening to Cincinnati-set Airborne and think this would make a great continuation of it, because the song they sing about Cincinnati haunts my nightmares.

This movie is...outrageous. Drew Barrymore, Keanu Reeves, and a very strange place that is Toyland. There's also singing, which includes a song with the line, "Cinci was too nati, they named it Cincinnati so they say." Also, there is a one-eyed creature, that tries to murder Santa. 

250px-BabesinToyland.jpg

Oh jesus, I watched this so much as a kid. My parents bought it for me on VHS at McDonald's for some reason. I believe this is also how we got our copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This would be a great episode around Christmas time.  Whenever i visited my grandma as a kid, she only owned 2 VHS tapes.  One of them was this movie. 

I have seen this a shockingly high number of times. 

On 9/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, Bae of Pigs said:

Oh jesus, I watched this so much as a kid. My parents bought it for me on VHS at McDonald's for some reason. I believe this is also how we got our copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Yea that was a fucking awesome promotion. I can't remember the details, but thats how we got all three Indiana Jones movies on VHS. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Yea that was a fucking awesome promotion. I can't remember the details, but thats how we got all three Indiana Jones movies on VHS. 

It was a Christmas promotion that McDonald's ran for like a decade where they sold like some of the biggest hits for the year or year prior. You basically got a VHS, which were still pretty pricey at the time, for under ten bucks, with the purchase of a value meal. It's how I got copies of The Addams Family, Home Alone, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. I was recently trying to explain this to a younger friend of mine and he just looked at me like that was the most insane promotion he had ever heard of.

• Like 1

I now want a sequel to The Founder where Michael Keaton is involved with the logistics of mapping out that promotion for each franchise.

I can see that being 2 hours of Michael Keaton chainsmoking and rambling like a lunatic. Or a film version of Charlie trying to describe Pepe Silvia in Its Always Sunny. 

19 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

I can see that being 2 hours of Michael Keaton chainsmoking and rambling like a lunatic. Or a film version of Charlie trying to describe Pepe Silvia in Its Always Sunny. 

Will he find Carol in HR?!

My mother (whom I've never tongue kissed) put this on for me as a young boy. I still have nightmares of the feathered cloaked man, the weird toy soldiers, and many many unusual things that happen in this movie. I would love to hear the crew talk this out.

Sign in to follow this