Welcome to the new Earwolf Forums! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JimBodden

Next R U Talking Series

I don't know if there are any plans for a third series, but what artist would you have them cover next?

Seems to me, given their musical tastes and proclivity for forced worldplay, something along the lines of Scott & Scott Talk Talking Heads seems a natural fit.

Maybe the Smiths. This would be a band that Scott might like way more than Adam.

Maybe the Smiths. This would be a band that Scott might like way more than Adam.

Yes, please! The Smiths would be a fantastic subject. Brilliant catalogue of music and Morrissey being such a problematic, larger-than-life character could lead to a lot of great bits. With only four studio albums, it'd be a short series. But the solo work from Morrissey and Johnny Marr is worth getting into too, or even Marr's albums while in Modest Mouse or The Cribs.

Also, Steely Dan comes up on CBB fairly often. Not sure if either Scott loves and knows them well enough for a podcast, but as a casual fan, I'd be interested in diving deeper into their discography.

How about Pearl Jam?   Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers would be awesome as well.

Based on how much Scott and Scott seemed to enjoy talking about them a couple of months ago, my suggestion would be "Carryin' On 'Bout The Cars".

There has been a lot of Radiohead talk during the R.E.M. series. I could also see a limited series focusing on soundtracks, cast albums, or other compilations.

I'm thinking Urinals and Trotsky Icepick.

Okay, okay, that's way too obscure.  Pere Ubu.  They should totally do Pere Ubu.

I'd be happy with them just cherry picking classic records/artists and talking about them for an episode (or two). Few bands are worthy of a full series, or could carry an audience's attention over several episodes (or the Scotts' attention either...) so this could be fun.

Radiohead seems like a natural fit. I would personally love Modest Mouse but I have no idea if either of them has any interest in that band. 

Yo La Tengo.

Obviously, Adam and Scott aren't going to do a series on a band they haven't listened to in their formative years, but if either or both of them are Yo La Tengo fans, it'd be a good choice.

While I would LOVE to hear a Radiohead series, I think the Smiths might be a nice small project to tackle for the next season. Plus, I love that idea about Scott being way more of a fanboy than Adam - switching up their dynamic would keep it fresh.

I'm thinking "You Wordsmithing about the Smiths to Me?"

On 8/19/2018 at 5:25 PM, Anonymous37 said:

I'm thinking Urinals and Trotsky Icepick.

Okay, okay, that's way too obscure.  Pere Ubu.  They should totally do Pere Ubu.

I'd listen to a Rocket from the Tombs series.  

But my personal vote would be Camper Van Beethoven. 

• Like 1