🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 36 Preview (Fister Roboto’s 3rd Pick)

This helps a lot

Yeah, it’s terrible and funny, but it’s also very slow. The awkward editing allows for some solid jokes.

• Like 3

Yeah, it’s terrible and funny, but it’s also very slow. The awkward editing allows for some solid jokes.

Is it worth renting to see it straight first or is the first time with Rifftrax just fine?

I don’t know that I’ve ever watched it straight, tbh.

Is it worth renting to see it straight first or is the first time with Rifftrax just fine?

It depends on what you enjoy in a "bad" movie. The first half of the movie is about these two people falling in love and the dialogue is laughable but it just moves so slow. In addition you have bad acting and lots of bad technical things like audio issues, recycled footage, non-matching cuts, etc. It's basically bad community theater for the first half. If that stuff makes you chuckle go ahead and watch it straight if you like. For me personally, I found it a little too slow to enjoy fully the first time through especially when you know what's coming.

• Like 2

I have only seen Birdemic by itself. I enjoyed it just fine.

I just remembered. I'm chaperoning my son's Field Trip on Monday so I probably won't be able to create the thread. Just a head's up.

ChiefDishonestArkshell-size_restricted.gif

(In the gif above, I'm Om and you all are Shanti.)

• Like 6

So I lucked out. Amazon Prime Video has Birdemic straight, Birdemic Rifftrax, Birdemic 2 AND Julie & Jack, another movie from the same director. I get to see them all for "free". Nguyenning!

• Like 1

It depends on what you enjoy in a "bad" movie. The first half of the movie is about these two people falling in love and the dialogue is laughable but it just moves so slow. In addition you have bad acting and lots of bad technical things like audio issues, recycled footage, non-matching cuts, etc. It's basically bad community theater for the first half. If that stuff makes you chuckle go ahead and watch it straight if you like. For me personally, I found it a little too slow to enjoy fully the first time through especially when you know what's coming.

I'm the same. With a lot of bad movies, I do get a kick out of them, but for maybe five to ten minutes. After that, I keep thinking, "isn't there an Akira Kurosawa movie I haven't seen that I could be watching? Or just, I dunno, Indiana Jones?" So I usually watch these HDTGM movies in discrete bits. With RIfftrax though, especially with something like Birdemic, I can withstand the full frontal badness assault much better.

• Like 2

I'm the same. With a lot of bad movies, I do get a kick out of them, but for maybe five to ten minutes. After that, I keep thinking, "isn't there an Akira Kurosawa movie I haven't seen that I could be watching? Or just, I dunno, Indiana Jones?" So I usually watch these HDTGM movies in discrete bits. With RIfftrax though, especially with something like Birdemic, I can withstand the full frontal badness assault much better.

Yes, but which Indiana Jones?

ETA: Oh, nvm.

Yes, but which Indiana Jones?

ETA: Oh, nvm.

Fuck, Indiana Jones 4 would make a good HDTGM episode. I think it might kill Paul though.

• Like 1